Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

I need help choosing a crossfire

Old 02-11-2013, 11:22 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need help choosing a crossfire

2005 Chrysler Crossfire
2004 chrysler crossfire limited alabaster white ----RED INTERIOR
Ok so I really like the white one because I would take the rims and paint them black I really like that look but it will need tires which would cost a lot. The other I like it has a lot of tread left but it is an automatic but which would yall choose?

Old 02-12-2013, 12:43 AM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: I need help choosing a crossfire

It's really all in what you like. It looks like the '05 has fog lights, so I would assume it's the Limited which should compare to the '04 as far as features. They have comparable mileage and are both coupes, so you are down to color, transmission and history. Which do you prefer? Each transmission have their pros and cons, so it is up to you to decide what's important to you. Are you able to get a Car-Fax on them to see if there are any reported problems? That may help make a decision. Hard to tell from a few picks and a write up from the owner trying to sell the car. Try to dig into them and find something wrong with them. If you can't find anything, at least you have done your best to make a good decision.

Good luck!!

RL

Old 02-12-2013, 07:11 AM
Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts

Even at the expense of tires, I would not allow that to make a decision of which car I would buy. Eventually both will need tires and if you plan to keep the car for any period of time, you will go thru several sets.

They look like an equal buy. It is your choice. Good luck, James

Old 02-12-2013, 07:29 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

The 2005 ad says it has 19" & 20" wheels, if so, then all the pictures are inaccurate.
The pictures show stock seven spoke wheels, which are 18" & 19"
Either the guy is not knowledgeable, or he's misrepresenting.

The other ad says it has an aftermarket BT radio, but the picture shows a stock one.
This may be OK, since that picture is dated 2011 ........

Old 02-12-2013, 08:28 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No contest: white 6speed with red leather... that's awesome. also, if its in desperate need of tires immediately but you can't afford a brand new set right away, get some used ones that will last you a couple months so you can save up some more $$ for a nice new set

If you really really want an automatic, save up some more money for a SRT6

Last edited by rayth; 02-12-2013 at 08:31 AM.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:08 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rayth
No contest: white 6speed with red leather... that's awesome. also, if its in desperate need of tires immediately but you can't afford a brand new set right away, get some used ones that will last you a couple months so you can save up some more $$ for a nice new set

Yeah I think I agree! im having trouble selling my jeep I wanted to get the xfire this week but its looking not promising. I have a question though what size tires do they and where could I get used ones?

Old 02-12-2013, 09:41 AM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Easley15
Yeah I think I agree! im having trouble selling my jeep I wanted to get the xfire this week but its looking not promising. I have a question though what size tires do they and where could I get used ones?
OEM sizes are:
Front - P225/40ZR18
Rear - P255/35ZR19

As far as where to buy used - you'd have to check your local market area.

RL

Old 02-12-2013, 11:14 AM

see the above post for the tire sizes. You'll have to hunt around a bit as most places that have used tires won't necessarily have the size you need- 18" are difficult to find and I imagine 19" would be even rarer.. but definitely search craigslist and if all else fails, I did purchase a used tire on ebay with fine results...

I saw in another thread you were looking for wheels... you may be able to find a nice set of used wheels and tires, but, as stated, be careful in that there are a lot more options that don't fit on our cars than do... if you're looking on craigslist, I would stick with wheels that fit/came off of a Mercedes

Old 02-12-2013, 12:32 PM

Look at both sets of tires, front and rear, to see if the wear is uneven. Buy the one that has even wear or be prepared to spend many dollars on suspension and/or tires.

Old 02-12-2013, 12:45 PM
Thumbs up Re: I need help choosing a crossfire

My thoughts exactly.

Old 02-12-2013, 12:59 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Mopar or No Car
Look at both sets of tires, front and rear, to see if the wear is uneven. Buy the one that has even wear or be prepared to spend many dollars on suspension and/or tires.
Just .02 worth.. my car had worn inside edges on rears.. Previous owner thought 50 lbs was a good number since it was on the tire as "max".. Falkens wore even at normal pressures..

Old 02-12-2013, 01:26 PM

Good point but among possible causes of premature wear overinflation is not as common as bad suspension on our cars -- too many people have monkeyed around with aftermarket this, that and the other thing.

Old 02-12-2013, 05:04 PM
Forum Regular

I think I am going to go with the silver and put the money into upgrading the exhaust and pocket the rest for the trip up to NC

Old 02-13-2013, 11:34 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Fewer than 10% of the Crossfires came with the Cedar/Slate interior in 2004, (or so I've been told). It was a must have option we wanted when we purchased our 04 6spd. brand new.
Our car has about the same miles, and I'd never sell it at that price.
Good Luck

Old 02-13-2013, 11:45 AM

I think I am going to go with the silver and put the money into upgrading the exhaust and pocket the rest for the trip up to NC
There really isn't an "upgrade" for the exhaust on the NA, the most reasonable thing you can do is put on a different muffler for a different sound... I don't think that should be your deciding factor

Old 02-13-2013, 11:50 AM
Forum Regular

There really isn't an "upgrade" for the exhaust on the NA, the most reasonable thing you can do is put on a different muffler for a different sound... I don't think that should be your deciding factor
Yeah I'm starting to agree I'm thinking about expanding my search to farther out so I can get exactly what I want

Old 02-13-2013, 12:47 PM

Yeah I'm starting to agree I'm thinking about expanding my search to farther out so I can get exactly what I want
the question is: do you know what you want?

Your first and foremost consideration is manual vs automatic... then coupe vs convertible (coupe will be cheaper).. from there its really about finding the best deal... there are slight differences in trim from 05 and up but if you don't care too much about fog lights and the like, you're pretty much open to anything