Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Sensors are senseless!! Please help!

Old 04-30-2013, 05:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sensors are senseless!! Please help!

My 2004 Coupe, 132K, 6 speed daily driver (+/- 80 miles/day) normally never gives me any problem (well, almost never). Anyway, other than replacing the alternator last year, and walking out to the parking lot at work to find the front rire flat, no major issues. Tire was flat, BTW, because Ms Procrastination Poster Child (that would be Me) delayed replacing tires.

So I go get a full set (yes, way overdo) from Discount Tire. I had to get the fronts put on first because the rears needed to be shipped from Somewhere. I also had the front drivers side TPMS replaced (another thread). Last week I had the rears installed, and a second TPMS replaced on the passenger rear.

When I had the fronts replaced, when I started my car the next day, almost the entire dash stayed lit - Brake, the lights for ESP BSN, on the left side the round circle with brackets (hubs had told me that it was for the drum brakes(?). Pretty much anything that involved the car moving. After a minute or two, the dash lights cleared. No problems.

Same thing happened again later that day, only this time the back 'fin' pops up and STAYS up. I press the button in the car, nothing moves, though the little red light blinks on. The next morning, lights pop on, turn off, fin drops down, all is normal.

On the way home, this time all the lights pop on, fin goes up, and the speedometer doesn't work. I can't leave the car at work, having it towed would cost a fortune. Thankfully the customized dash has a nav system that shows the speed, so I head home. Oh, and the cruise control is a no go.

I get home, attach the OBD111 and the only thing it reads is something about 'rough road', which I don't drive on.

Could any of this be due to something that the guys at Discount Tire tweaked? I need this car, otherwise she works fine, and I plan to figure out how to check through all the sensors, but I don't know where to start.

Any suggestions? Please be kind, this is my baby, and really don't want to mess her up but I also need to drive it everyday.

Old 04-30-2013, 05:15 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: Sensors are senseless!! Please help!

How old is your battery? If it's a white case.. head to the parts store for a new one next time you start it...

Old 04-30-2013, 05:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Battery was replaced a little under a year ago. The customized dash (this car once belonged to LCAGator, in case anyone wants to see what the dash looks like), shows not only the speed, but the voltage. Steady at 14.2-3. I don't feel any loss of power. And though the warning lights on the dash are for those issues regarding tires/brakes, tires are steady, brakes work fine.

Old 04-30-2013, 06:36 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, with all this stuff happening at once and your battery being relatively new, maybe the car computer system needs a "reset". Try unhooking your battery for about 30 minutes and see if anything clears up. May or may not help, but it won't cost you anything either.

RL