Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

105 in a 60

Old 05-29-2013, 09:42 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 105 in a 60

Originally Posted by winstonscifi
How about this - you were a jacka$$ for driving almost twice the speed limit. Take the hit, you *****! If you were driving while under the influence, at twice the DUI limit, would you even post this crap? The law is the LAW!
Hahahahahahaha rude much? Go away.

Old 05-29-2013, 09:47 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK, driving close to twice the speed limit is not wrong? I'm calling the guy a ***** because he's trying to get out of his responsibility. We all took the driving test, we all promised to obey the law when we got our drivers license. There may have been children on the side of the road when this guy drove by, there may have been intersections that he drove through when he was driving by, there may have been hills and curves, and even weather conditions that could have caused an accident .... and he's NOT a ***** for doing this???? OK moderators, delete these posts, because I'm way out of line!!

Old 05-29-2013, 09:49 PM
Forum Regular

What Winstonscifi was trying to say about DUI is to lawyer up because it seems that more people get out of DUI stuff easier than speeding tickets and it might be because more people get attorneys for DUI offenses. I have no facts to back this up but it sounds good.

Old 05-29-2013, 09:55 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

OK, driving close to twice the speed limit is not wrong? I'm calling the guy a ***** because he's trying to get out of his responsibility. We all took the driving test, we all promised to obey the law when we got our drivers license. There may have been children on the side of the road when this guy drove by, there may have been intersections that he drove through when he was driving by, there may have been hills and curves, and even weather conditions that could have caused an accident .... and he's NOT a ***** for doing this???? OK moderators, delete these posts, because I'm way out of line!!
I.. I forgot about how I let my kids play in the dirt next to the highway.. where I'm from you don't get 60 mph speed limits through neighborhoods.. but I guess that varies in different parts of the country...

Or did you just bypass that part of his post and go directly to the personal attack requirement you felt needed?

I'm sure 99% of us "never" exceed a posted speed limit since we're all model citizens ... and it's "THE LAW"

I can see it now.. if you exceed the speed limit I bet you take a picture of the speedo and report yourself..

Last edited by Mrmiata; 05-29-2013 at 09:59 PM.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:04 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
I.. I forgot about how I let my kids play in the dirt next to the highway.. where I'm from you don't get 60 mph speed limits through neighborhoods.. but I guess that varies in different parts of the country...

Or did you just bypass that part of his post and go directly to the personal attack requirement you felt needed?

I'm sure 99% of us "never" exceed a posted speed limit since we're all model citizens ... and it's "THE LAW"

I can see it now.. if you exceed the speed limit I bet you take a picture of the speedo and report yourself..
I second this

Old 05-29-2013, 10:14 PM

And let's get real here.. He's not looking for a hit man to off the cop so he can't show up for a court date.. He's asking the best way to minimize the results of his actions. PERIOD.

Old 05-29-2013, 10:20 PM

Good luck hopefully you can get it knocked down. Our cars are fun and so stable at high speeds its hard not to have fun sometimes, just hopefully you were being relatively safe. I don't speed excessively often in my Crossfire but my R6 accelerates so fast its hard not to have fun on it. I was getting on the highway the other day and hit about 95-100 and looked up and saw two state troopers shooting radar. I have NO idea how I didn't get pulled over.

I had another time where I was in a Mustang GT, 19 years old. I got on the highway and hit about 115, let off and looked up and there was a State Trooper, I got all over the brakes. He pulled me over, walked up to the car and said "87 is pretty fast for slowing down". Yes sir it is!

Old 05-29-2013, 11:24 PM

old trick, may not work anymore, but switch insurance companies.

New company checks your record before the ticket is on there, court house notifies old insurance company. No one is the wiser. Worked for me when I was a kid, but don't know what systems they use now.

Old 05-30-2013, 12:14 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DaVinci
old trick, may not work anymore, but switch insurance companies.

New company checks your record before the ticket is on there, court house notifies old insurance company. No one is the wiser. Worked for me when I was a kid, but don't know what systems they use now.
I have a buddy who worked for Allstate, they check your driving record every 6 months (or every premium renewal). Not sure if they all check at these intervals, and it may work, but they'll find out eventually and you'll pay out the wazoo regardless.

winstonscifi, we all speed Get over it.

Old 05-30-2013, 01:01 AM

damn technology!

Old 05-30-2013, 01:38 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

People can do it legally in Germany, you can do it legally on a track. I believe if you are only putting yourself at risk it's your own problem. 105 is not fast by modern standards.. If he was weaving traffic, or passing people in the right lane doing it, yeah he's a jerk.. but stepping on the gas on an open road is part of being a car guy, it's not always criminal behavior.

Old 05-30-2013, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by Abaton6
Your insurance Co. WILL find out. Be prepared. Sorry.
Oh darn. Might have to get the lawyer.

Old 05-30-2013, 09:31 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Here's is the best advise you will get......take it or leave it.... Pay the fine and move on. The rest is ...bullwater... If you want to spend more money, then lawyer up and maybe he can get it reduced. Keeping it off your insurance....well you 1st have to get it off you DMV record which is what your lawyer will do, maybe. It all comes down to the Judge. He or she may not be so cooperative. Most states now take your money and nothing is said. But, court is another whole ballgame. If this happened to this old cop today. I would pay it and move on. Insurance companies randomly check records, like if you want to add a car, or a driver to your insurance, or change, let me state that again, or CHANGE, insurance companies, they will run your record....good luck... Oh, and I don't think you are trying to shug off your responsibility. No one like getting a citation and paying. But 300 bucks is cheap for a reckless driving citation...In IN, that could be speeding plus reckless driving....again....good luck...

Old 05-30-2013, 09:31 AM

How about this - you were a jacka$$ for driving almost twice the speed limit. Take the hit, you *****! If you were driving while under the influence, at twice the DUI limit, would you even post this crap? The law is the LAW!
Excuse me Mr. effing Perfection...and I don't drink.

Old 05-30-2013, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by NES Nick
Good luck hopefully you can get it knocked down. Our cars are fun and so stable at high speeds its hard not to have fun sometimes, just hopefully you were being relatively safe. I don't speed excessively often in my Crossfire but my R6 accelerates so fast its hard not to have fun on it. I was getting on the highway the other day and hit about 95-100 and looked up and saw two state troopers shooting radar. I have NO idea how I didn't get pulled over.

I had another time where I was in a Mustang GT, 19 years old. I got on the highway and hit about 115, let off and looked up and there was a State Trooper, I got all over the brakes. He pulled me over, walked up to the car and said "87 is pretty fast for slowing down". Yes sir it is!
Ok, here's the story.
I was on a 10 lane freeway on the inside lane with the cruise on 68.
A jerk-weed gets right on my bumper and I got upset and floored it.
There was a mild curve there and bam.

It was fast and it was wrong but it didn't threaten anyone. I'm sure the guy on my bumper drove away laughing (jerk).
My problem is I get riled too easily. Need to settle down. Maybe get married.

Old 05-30-2013, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by The Beep
My problem is I get riled too easily. Need to settle down. Maybe get married.
Yeah.. that'll calm you down.. Just go ahead and ask them to take your license..

Old 05-30-2013, 09:50 AM

Don't get all worked up next time....I just let off the throttle...they will pass or ride your ***....peeves them off either way....lol.....

Old 05-30-2013, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
Yeah.. that'll calm you down.. Just go ahead and ask them to take your license..
He'd have to do a whole lot more than a little speeding....105 is nothing today...

Old 05-30-2013, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
He'd have to do a whole lot more than a little speeding....105 is nothing today...
I've had a wife (ex) that would make you taunt the cop hoping he'd shoot you..

Old 05-30-2013, 10:45 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes I think that you are out of line here. Wrong, yes we have all done it doesn't deserve name calling. There might also have been Nuns on the side of the road washing the Pope's feet, you never know. All the above examples you cite could have happened at the speed limit also. Get a grip maybe he will learn his lesson. I never saw you complaining about the guys zipping at the Dragon as fast as the can, I believe the speed limit is 25 or so there. Don't get me wrong guys I'm not knocking the Dragon runs just this posting.

Quick Reply: 105 in a 60