Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

105 in a 60

Old 05-30-2013, 11:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 105 in a 60

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
Yeah.. that'll calm you down.. Just go ahead and ask them to take your license..
Don't they make mellow, calming wife's?
I wouldn't care much for a hellish one.

Old 05-30-2013, 11:46 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
Don't get all worked up next time....I just let off the throttle...they will pass or ride your ***....peeves them off either way....lol.....
Yep. Thats what I do.

I also try to stay in the center lanes so the "speediots" can go around me. Every once in awhile I'll get a speediot on my bumper and I'll just flip up my rear view mirror (my version of giving him the bird). When they get the message that Im not budging, they'll go around me. Even though my cruise control is set at 70 and I'll have Malibu's flying past me. Premium gasoline is at a premium here in Illinois and I dont see anyone chipping in to help pay for my gas. Keeping a "lighter" foot on my gas pedal allows me more "smiles" to the gallon.

Old 05-30-2013, 09:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm feeling like this car is too crazy for me.
I'll put a For Sale sign on it at the Coffee and Cars and see how people respond.
Might end up with another Miata. I wasn't getting into trouble with that car and was making friends in the area.

The ticket should be in the system by Monday. I'll contact the lawyers and let you know what they say.
If I spend $1000 and a driving safety course, It'll be better than high insurance and points on my license.

Old 05-30-2013, 09:10 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by The Beep
I'm feeling like this car is too crazy for me.
I'll put a For Sale sign on it at the Coffee and Cars and see how people respond.
Might end up with another Miata. I wasn't getting into trouble with that car and was making friends in the area.

The ticket should be in the system by Monday. I'll contact the lawyers and let you know what they say.
If I spend $1000 and a driving safety course, It'll be better than high insurance and points on my license.

Damn Beep, you need to relax...it's a speeding citation, not a felony.... I realize I have written more than I have received, but I have received a few....and I can tell you, not one time in all those years did the insurance company ever check my record. They could have, but the luck of the draw, they never did. My rates were never affected. I'm telling you, you better hope for the right judge if you waste their time by fighting an obvious citation...good luck, we are on your side...

Old 05-30-2013, 09:15 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm with Doc on this one.. You and I both know after having a Miata and then getting in a crossfire.. Much less a 6 .. your not going to be happy over it at all. Hell pay the fine.. "if" the insurance catches up with you.. then see will progressive or whoever has the OBD port police will work with you..

And do the math.. Lawyer fee's with whatever the court deals out vrs how much of a possible premium increase...

Last edited by Mrmiata; 05-30-2013 at 09:24 PM.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:25 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beep, enjoy the Crossfire for it's great attributes - really fast acceleration, fantastic handling, and good looks. Please, enjoy the top end only at the track. Our roads are just not built for 105 miles per hour!

Old 05-30-2013, 10:28 PM

your roads might not be, but I have done that in TX many a time....on some long straight lonely roads... Luckily I didn't meet a Texas Ranger... Your roads in MN, well, an SUV would be the answer there...

Old 05-30-2013, 10:34 PM

I was going to say "105..top end".. but bypassed..till your thread Doc.. thank God for Turnpikes in Oklahoma.. other roads..nope.. but 120 bursts are 'safe" and doable there. Yes i'm an irresponsible fool that could wipe out and make several people late for work while they clean the mess off the highway.. there.. saves a response..

But I plan on sliding in sideways when done here on earth and yelling "that's been one hell of a ride!"

Old 05-30-2013, 10:35 PM
Forum Regular

The big problem up here is deer - on those lonely stretches in Texas, oledoc, at 105 miles per hour, did you ever think about hitting an armadillo or racoon? That could be a life ending proposition... I know it's something we would all like to do - find out how fast we can go, but it's just not worth it. You being an ex-cop, I'm sure you've seen stuff that you can't even try to explain....simply not worth it....

Old 05-30-2013, 10:37 PM

I'm not hanging on to life so tight I miss it myself.. Just saying..

Anyone who RUNS the dragon probably has the same sentiments.. to a degree anyways..

Old 05-30-2013, 10:42 PM
Forum Regular

Sure Mrmiata, just don't take anyone out with you. If you hit something on the road at 105 miles per hour it could cause you to go across the center median, and hit someone else....I'm sure Oledoc can tell you plenty of stories. Again, 105 miles per hour or more is great on the track - not on our roads. God, I'm sounding old....

Old 05-30-2013, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by winstonscifi
Sure Mrmiata, just don't take anyone out with you. If you hit something on the road at 105 miles per hour it could cause you to go across the center median, and hit someone else....I'm sure Oledoc can tell you plenty of stories. Again, 105 miles per hour or more is great on the track - not on our roads. God, I'm sounding old....
you are sounding old...it's a car forum....we dumb stuff, but hopefully in a safe as possible location. No traffic, straight line...and hitting objects in the road, can happen. Deer can happen....life can end and you never did anything.... My cars aren't stock, and 105 is just a short burst. 0-160 in a mile....in a mile...back to 55 the speed limit, in less than a half mile... These cars are like riding a crotch rocket...speed is quick and braking is excellent...especially if you modified your brakes as well. Not making excuses for anyone, but they are sports cars, and they will perform if you are up to performing with them...not a totally ex yet...but working on it....lol......have fun with the cars before we die....just don't die doing it....

Last edited by oledoc2u; 05-30-2013 at 10:51 PM.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:53 PM
Forum Regular

Maybe Beep should use that reasoning with the judge..."I do dumb stuff, this car is like riding a crotch rocket, I have to have fun before I die, I promise I won't die doing it, though....

Old 05-30-2013, 10:54 PM

My dad was a trucker..and first hand witness to the drag racing car that went under his flatbed trailer. Nobody gets passed or ran off the road in my play times.. It's cars behind me.. two lanes.. cement divider/barrier.. and clear line of sight.. I won't be taking anyone out with me should it ever come to that..

Old 05-30-2013, 11:02 PM

Maybe Beep should use that reasoning with the judge..."I do dumb stuff, this car is like riding a crotch rocket, I have to have fun before I die, I promise I won't die doing it, though....
Some live on the edge.. some buy a mower like this one..

Old 05-30-2013, 11:06 PM

why are you on a car forum? The judges are there because they can weigh judgement. If he takes this to court, and the atty representing him isn't a "buddy" looking for a better word, the judge isn't going to care. That speed is reckless. I know it, you know it. But you want to make a point to rub it in his face. When the majority of those who own sports cars have pushed their cars. I have caught people doing just that. And wrote citations for it. Not because of the speed per se, but where they chose to do the speed. It is a judgement we all make when playing with a car capable of such speeds. Using good judgement when or when not too. But you, being the perfect driver who obviously has never been over the speed limit want to make a point here. What is that point? We all know he was wrong, he knows he was wrong and got caught. What is your point? I have never met a perfect driver, and doubt if you are either. My own sign borrowed from a trooper buddy of mine is "Sometimes you get the Bear, and sometimes the Bear get YOU!".... That is just how it is out there....he could have ran that speed a 100 times and never get caught, but that one time....an unmarked plain Camaro....he gets caught...pay the fine and move on...doesn't make the guy a criminal...go buy a Buick and get on the Buick forum, and talk about holding up traffic because you can...geeezzzz....

Old 05-30-2013, 11:08 PM
Forum Regular

There's another good quote that Beep can use with the judge - "I have to live on the edge"....then the judge might just make him live in an enclosure that looks alot like Mrmiata just posted!

Old 05-30-2013, 11:14 PM
Forum Regular

Ok, I give up - I'm heading to the Buick forum. How fast do you guys think that new Buick Encore can go? It's an SUV, so it should be OK for the crappy roads up here in Minnesota!

Old 05-30-2013, 11:17 PM

Ok, I give up - I'm heading to the Buick forum. How fast do you guys think that new Buick Encore can go? It's an SUV, so it should be OK for the crappy roads up here in Minnesota!
Now you are on to something, don't let the laptop hit you in the ***....

Old 05-30-2013, 11:28 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Thirteendog
I worked at a little league ball park for a couple of months.
Was that you I saw at the Little League Park scrubbing toilets??? Squirrel Crusher

Quick Reply: 105 in a 60