Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Bosch Iridium Gap

Old 04-29-2015, 10:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bosch Iridium Gap

Hello everyone. I wanted to give anyone out there some advice if you use Iridium spark plugs...I gapped mine to .038 and so happy i did. You need 12 for the Crossfire, don't settle for 6 at the part store, you'll be back!

The gap that comes with these plugs, is about .044. When I installed them I was very disappointed in the power, the gap is too big. I carefully changed the gap to .038, the power change was signficant in my opinion. I got the idea from a couple of people who gap their SRT's the same .038. With two plugs on each cylinder this may be the reason it actually works.

You can change the plugs yourself, it's not THAT hard to change the plugs, you'll need to take it in steps, like step one kiss the skin on knuckles goodbye, then step two take off the coil packs, remove the wires (that can be difficult but just keep working at it), then you'll have to put the plug socket on without any extension or wrench, then find it cause you can't see it, and attach the wrench after it's over the plug. Good Luck!

Last edited by xzmilan; 04-29-2015 at 10:19 PM.
Old 04-29-2015, 10:58 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Bosch Iridium Gap

Originally Posted by xzmilan
Hello everyone. I wanted to give anyone out there some advice if you use Iridium spark plugs...I gapped mine to .038 and so happy i did. You need 12 for the Crossfire, don't settle for 6 at the part store, you'll be back!

The gap that comes with these plugs, is about .044. When I installed them I was very disappointed in the power, the gap is too big. I carefully changed the gap to .038, the power change was signficant in my opinion. I got the idea from a couple of people who gap their SRT's the same .038. With two plugs on each cylinder this may be the reason it actually works.

You can change the plugs yourself, it's not THAT hard to change the plugs, you'll need to take it in steps, like step one kiss the skin on knuckles goodbye, then step two take off the coil packs, remove the wires (that can be difficult but just keep working at it), then you'll have to put the plug socket on without any extension or wrench, then find it cause you can't see it, and attach the wrench after it's over the plug. Good Luck!

If I remember correctly, Rob recommended .039 when I purchased new plugs from him. To remove the wires, I used a long handled hose plier from Harbor Freight, the medium one worked the best for me.