Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Wing goes down manually, then right back up and flashing button

Old 09-21-2019, 02:29 AM
Received 86 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Wing goes down manually, then right back up and flashing button

Hi guys!

My wing had been peeling slightly because the clear coat was damaged and the Florida sun didn't help of course. To make a long story short, I took the car to a body shop which does great work and had it repainted. I also had the platform below the wing (the area the wing folds into) painted. Came out great.
I had the wing in the upright position for maybe 6 weeks before the paint job. So as I drove home I figured I'd lower the wing. It folded down by me pressing the button but then 2-3 seconds later popped back up. I tried it a couple more times at which point the spoiler button then started to blink red.
Does anyone know what this could be? Tried it a few times after restarting and same issue. I guess the good news is that the spoiler motor is working
Windering if I should disconnect the battery and then try again. Kind of like a reset.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys and have a great day!

Nick

Old 09-21-2019, 03:59 AM
Received 387 Likes on 334 Posts
Default Re: Wing goes down manually, then right back up and flashing button

Originally Posted by nickwe21
Hi guys!

My wing had been peeling slightly because the clear coat was damaged and the Florida sun didn't help of course. To make a long story short, I took the car to a body shop which does great work and had it repainted. I also had the platform below the wing (the area the wing folds into) painted. Came out great.
I had the wing in the upright position for maybe 6 weeks before the paint job. So as I drove home I figured I'd lower the wing. It folded down by me pressing the button but then 2-3 seconds later popped back up. I tried it a couple more times at which point the spoiler button then started to blink red.
Does anyone know what this could be? Tried it a few times after restarting and same issue. I guess the good news is that the spoiler motor is working
Windering if I should disconnect the battery and then try again. Kind of like a reset.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys and have a great day!

Nick

Did you remove any trim or the wing before you took it in to be painted? Did the body shop remove said items to paint them? Was the spoiler open when you dropped the car off and where did they store it? Finally, was the spoiler down/closed or not operating properly before you dropped it off? Please answer all the questions, it helps clarify immensely.

Old 09-21-2019, 09:04 AM
Received 549 Likes on 461 Posts

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost
Did you remove any trim or the wing before you took it in to be painted? Did the body shop remove said items to paint them? Was the spoiler open when you dropped the car off and where did they store it? Finally, was the spoiler down/closed or not operating properly before you dropped it off? Please answer all the questions, it helps clarify immensely.

See today’s post #26 in the ‘Spoiler Up’ thread.

Old 09-21-2019, 08:24 PM
Received 387 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
See today’s post #26 in the ‘Spoiler Up’ thread.

Dave, you lost me. Why should I look at that different thread? I didn't post the OP and the OP of this thread isn't mentioned in your referenced post 26. If your associating the possibility is the same as mentioned in post 26 in that other thread maybe you mis-replied? Please explain.

Old 09-21-2019, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost
Dave, you lost me. Why should I look at that different thread? I didn't post the OP and the OP of this thread isn't mentioned in your referenced post 26. If your associating the possibility is the same as mentioned in post 26 in that other thread maybe you mis-replied? Please explain.

I did not mean to reply to your post.

Old 09-22-2019, 12:55 AM
Administrator
Received 888 Likes on 692 Posts

Odd. This sounds very similar to Phil's complaint. In ten years, never heard of this, now we have two...

Old 09-22-2019, 09:08 AM

If two different voltages from the switch sends the wing up or down then maybe the switch is at fault by not going to a neutral position, always returning to the low voltage position that sends the wing up.