Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

I'm a victim of a crime

Old 08-31-2005, 10:59 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm a victim of a crime

Someone hit my car!!! And RAN!!! I have only driven my car to school and work this past week, and I just washed it last Thursday. So I have the car out in the driveway, and my dad comes home, and says did you know there's two big scratches and dents in your front right fender? I'm thinking WHAT! I go out there and sure enough, who ever, what ever, didn't just scratch it, they hit it hard enough to put to dents in the metal, one which maybe creased now, as its right on the crease of the fender, and it chipped two chunks of the paint off. This was no shopping cart accident, cause I haven't been to any stores, and I know the dents weren't there when I washed it. AHHH, This sux, if people knew how to drive, park, get in and out of their cars or whatever it maybe then I wouldn't have to deal with this. At least have the ***** to try and contact me and be like sorry here is my info. I work Loss Prevention in the mall, and it was probably some crack head with a 1980 POS. Granted its not a major accident but this is messed up. And its not even worth claiming on my insurance and have my premium go up, even though the deductible is only $100. AHHH i'm so mad, this is why i'm going to school for criminal justice. To be a cop and lock up these crack heads running around with their pos cars w/o a license and insurance.

Old 08-31-2005, 11:24 PM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: I'm a victim of a crime

people do suck.... You got the $100 deductible, i say use it. That is what you got it for.

Old 09-01-2005, 12:05 AM
Forum Regular

yeah but doesn't this raise the cost of your premium then?

Old 09-01-2005, 01:06 AM

Really unfortunate.

Old 09-01-2005, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by TheCrossfirekid
yeah but doesn't this raise the cost of your premium then?
Most likely your premium won't go up as you were not at fault. However, your rates may not go down as much in following years because of it. If I were you I would probably claim it, unless your insurance was drastically different than mine (AAA).

I park mine in the boonies to avoid being dinged up. People are careless, so you have to take extra care.

Old 09-01-2005, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by silver98m3

I park mine in the boonies to avoid being dinged up. People are careless, so you have to take extra care.
I do this too...however inevitably when I come out of the store there will be ONE car or SUV parked next to me...even when there are hundreds of other spaces around. Half of the time they will even park too close for comfort. I just don't get it!
Knock on wood I've been pretty lucky with the Crossfire, though someone did give me a door ding on the body on the passenger rear panel. Gggrrr!!!

It could definitely be worse than it is. I'd say if your deductible is so low use it. Mine has always been $500, and unfortunately (on other cars) I've been hit before with no note or info after keeping the car door-ding free for two years.

Old 09-02-2005, 01:14 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Some people couldn't care less about others property. Isn't it strange how you can drive a beater for a couple of years, park it anywhere, and it never gets a scratch. But try your best to take extreme care of your pride and joy, and some bone heads always seems to find ya. At least be glad that Black paint is easy to match.