Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Forum Etiquette

Old 02-25-2006, 04:10 PM
Senior Member/Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Forum Etiquette

This will probably be the thread that gets me thrown off here but so be it.
Several weeks ago one of our members posted a question. I put my two cents in being that the question involved what I do for a living. I mentioned in that post the company I represent. I offered reason why things were like they were and the poster thanked me. Several posts later, same thread, one of our members decides to unload on the company I work for. I took it personally, probably shouldn't have but his general comment pissed me off. I thought about what I was told when I was first hired. Some times people are going to be very pissed off, sometimes its things over which you have no control and you are their "go to" person, take a deep breath and do all you can to help them, kill em' with kindness. So I decided that since we are a little community here that that's what I'd do in this case. I offered this person suggestions as to how to remedy the problem they had. I'm just trying to be helpful. A few days passes and no more activity on the thread. Had this person seen my response? Again trying to be a nice guy I PM this person. I wanted to make sure they got some help with their issue. Rest assured my company is not a bad company and we don't rip people off. I went on to explain what might have happened in this persons case, gave some suggestions and hoped this anger wasn't aimed at me.
Well it's been a while now and still no response. Now I know this is the internet and I guess anything goes but common courtesy would be to acknowledge the fact someone is trying to help you. Even a "screw you buddy" is better than no response at all. Am I too off base here?

That's it thanks for letting me vent.

Pat

Last edited by patpur; 02-25-2006 at 04:21 PM.
Old 02-25-2006, 04:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Forum Etiquette

no you are not off base, the anonymity of the internet tend to bring out the worst in people because the lack of physical interaction. also with the internet your message hits a broader audience, so in your case you might have just hit an a-hole that has not common courtesy. anyhow, I don't know the thread you are referring to or what not, but if it will help "screw you buddy".

chung

Old 02-25-2006, 04:48 PM
Senior Member/Moderator

Thanks Chung. I'd rather not embarrass the person. Not my style.

Pat

Old 02-25-2006, 04:54 PM
Forum Regular

Patpur are you referring to the thread: Early termination to lease??

Brother it ain't a big deal on the internet to speak with someone today and you never hear from, or see their online screen name again. It's not the forum, it's just the way it's always been. I have been online since '89, I have gave out so much advice and information to so many people. Yet to get paid for it.

Your a good person in your attempts to help other people, brother that is all that counts. hooah

Old 02-25-2006, 05:07 PM
Senior Member/Moderator

No Firebase. I'm familiar with that thread. No problem, definitely not that issue. No this was very specific. My point is when you have a beef and someone tries to help you at the very least acknowledge it.
Thanks for your thoughts.

Pat

Old 02-25-2006, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by FirebaseD
Your a good person in your attempts to help other people, brother that is all that counts.
That's absolutely correct. You did the right thing and deserve thanks and credit for that.

Old 02-25-2006, 06:14 PM
Forum Regular

Well I just want to thank all of you crossfire owners for all your support and love in this forum. l look forward to all your posts, well ok not all posts, most posts. Remember like someone said, you can't choose your parents and here you cant' choose who falls in love with the same car as you. Were just one big dysfunctional family.

No, you still can't have by bud light...

Old 02-25-2006, 07:04 PM

It's good to help someone and not expect anything in return! Sometimes, it depends on what kind of help you offer that you deserve a "Thank you". This is the internet world and is not the reality. You don't know who you're chatting to and some here may not even own a Crossfire and some are just here to stir trouble or some are just curious what's going on in here.

Old 02-25-2006, 07:32 PM
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Patpur, I've been in the computer/internet business for a long time and I have discovered one thing: "No good deed goes un-punished".

Old 02-25-2006, 07:44 PM
Forum Regular

NEVER TAKE ANYTHING PERSONAL... AS LONG AS YOU BELIEVE IN YOUR TRUTH AND DEFENDED IT APPROPRIATELY!!!

HOWEVER IN ANY SITUATION... THERE ARE 3 SIDES TO EVERY STORY...

1. mine 2. theirs 3. AND IN THE MIDDLE(MORE OR LESS) THE TRUTH.

OBVIOUSLY THIS OTHER MEMBER IS ONLY LOOKING AT #1... NOT GIVING CONSIDERATION TO #2 LET ALONE #3!!!

SO... RIDE ON XFIRE BROTHER... AND HAPPILY RIDE ON!!!

J.

Old 02-25-2006, 07:50 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Forum Etiquette

Originally Posted by patpur
Even a "screw you buddy' is better than no response at all. Am I too off base here?

That's it thanks for letting me vent.
Pat
Courtesy and the internet, as noted, it's really up the character of the individual. No worries here bud about venting and I don't think you said anything worth getting the boot! You're allowed to let of steam now and again, that's probably what the poster was doing too.

Balance all the good comm that happens on this forum...it far outweighs the bad.

Old 02-25-2006, 08:00 PM
Senior Member/Moderator

Thanks Dave. By the way this has nothing to do whatsoever with you or Mike or quite frankly anyone who has posted on this issue. I understand the internet but this poster attacked the company I worked for. Sad thing is I agreed with that person, shouldn't have been treated the way they were treated. All I tried to do was remedy the situation. Hey I know I'm probably expecting way too much. Thanks for the kind words guys.

Pat

Old 02-25-2006, 08:18 PM

What company do you work for? I've seen a lot of companies mentioned here mostly Chrysler dealerships that were given a negative post. Maybe you need to really check yourself if you're fitted for the job that you have now or not because bad customers are always there and if you can't handle them or that kind of environment then it's time to look for another job that can accommodate your personality.

If you're venting here because somebody did not say "thank you" for your help and then you try to get members to rally with you is not worth it because everyone here may have been guilty of doing it! Who's perfect anyway?

Old 02-25-2006, 09:03 PM
Senior Member/Moderator

minojo - You don't understand where I'm coming from. I care about what I do. When I see that the company I represent has screwed up then I want to try and make it right or at least point someone in the right direction. It has nothing whatsoever with rallying support. If that was the case I'd be a lot more specific. If you really want to know who I work for check my posts.
This isn't meant to be a pissing contest, I'm simply questioning how courteous we are to each other.

Pat

Old 02-26-2006, 02:51 AM

Pat,

I would like to know what company you work for too. I have been married for 16 years and would like to be screwed as well...just kidding! :-)

~ Jess