Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Looking for a Limited Roadster

Old 06-14-2006, 10:27 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Looking for a Limited Roadster

First I forgot... CONGRATS ON THE GREAT CAR !!!
The wind screen looks nice golfergal, I would like to see it with the clear straps. Just for the record I have not "mounted" mine yet, can't bring myself to DRILL HOLES IN THE DECK yet. OH sorry about the yelling.
Drop the top and roll...

Old 06-15-2006, 12:28 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the congrats. I've got a call into the guy that sells the windscreens. I'll be sure to post pics and how the product looks and reacts while on the road. I like the fact that there is no drilling with this wind screen.

Crossing my fingers for some sun! It's been cold and rainy all month!

GG

Old 06-15-2006, 12:43 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Looking for a Limited Roadster

Originally Posted by PAULW
First I forgot... CONGRATS ON THE GREAT CAR !!!
The wind screen looks nice golfergal, I would like to see it with the clear straps. Just for the record I have not "mounted" mine yet, can't bring myself to DRILL HOLES IN THE DECK yet. OH sorry about the yelling.
Drop the top and roll...
No need to drill holes...use Velcro as I suggested in earlier posts to attach the wind screen channel!!!

Old 06-22-2006, 01:24 AM
Thumbs up Re: Looking for a Limited Roadster

Thanks again to everyone who responded with suggestions about where to scout out a Crossfire and my later question about a windscreen.

My "new" yellow Ltd. Convertible (never registered, 297 mi) is in an enclosed carrier and on its way from New Jersey to its new home in So Cal!. I have the windscreen waiting along with a touchup pen, both of which I learned about on this site. Great place for info!!!

Also bought a neat gadget for my Ipod, the Griffin Roadtrip, that cradles it and tunes to an unused FM frequency (not too many of those in my neighborhood) in order to play through the car's sound system. Didn't need it for my Mini Cooper which has an Aux input for the Ipod, but tried it out in my wife's Rx 300 and it works great!

I keep coming up with more questions and I'm wondering if there are any mechanics or technicians out there who could advise me on a couple of things now.

For example: My car was used for Auto Shows and was owned by Chrysler until @ 3 weeks ago when my dealer bought it at auction and drove it 100 mi to his dealership. The build date was August '04 so the car has sat for almost 2 years. Should the fluids be changed now, or would they still be safe...or is there a way to know?

I also have read about special air filters. What brand(s) is/are recommended and who would typically install them?

Are there any other aftermarket items that owners have good experience with and would recommend?

Again, thanks to all for the valuable input and info.

Howard

Old 06-26-2006, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by drgrey
I want to thank all who responded to my first message in this thread. Your ideas, suggestions and support were very helpful. I found a "new" yellow/vanilla XF Ltd in an ad in "Autotrader" . The car has less than 200 mi and was a Chrysler Corp car used in auto shows until last month. A New Jersey dealer was selling the car. He sent lots of pictures, the car is beautiful and we've made a deal. He'll ship it in a closed car carrier next week and I should have it the week after. Can't wait!!

Now I'm sure I'll have lots of questions. Some may be dumb, but I won't be shy asking. My first question is this. For my old MB SLK I had a mesh wind blocker that fit around the roll hoops and helped to reduce turbulence in the cockpit. Does the XF come with one or can it be sourced through Chrysler?
Is there a different thread or forum where such questions are generally asked?

Thats it for now. Many thanks again,

Howard
I'm in Thousand Oaks and have a Sapphire Silver Roadster. PM me if you have any questions or want to get together.