Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Compliments keep coming in...

Old 07-12-2006, 08:16 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Compliments keep coming in...

I just have to share this story because it started my day on a nice note...

It takes me approx. an hour to get to work and today during my drive with one stop for Dunkin Donuts coffee, I got three compliments...
  • First was 2 thumbs up and yelling of "nice car" through his open car window at the stop light (after he honked to get my attention)
  • Second was a young kid that goes "That your Crossfire?" and when I say yes and get in, he says "Suites you to a T, very nice"
  • Third was "hot d*mn, sweet"... still not sure if that was the car or me! LOL
That makes me feel so good! Even with everything I have had happen, I still love the attention this car gets... eyes watch, heads turn and thumbs go up...

Old 07-12-2006, 08:43 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Compliments keep coming in...

It's always nice to get compliments on your car. It does help set the mood for the day.
I've had a few on the SRT. The hot rod gets comments often too, but they are usually a little different than what you got.

Any progress on the car? Is it still shifting funny?

Old 07-12-2006, 09:34 AM
Forum Regular

Thanks for asking, Feets...

My car is still shifting hard (if I use AutoStick, its smooth but in Automatic, it’s very rough) and now she's starting to hesitate... I tried the steps that were sent to me about holding down the pedal to reset my driving pattern but that didn't work... And there is no way I can do the 0-60 is less then a minute - at least that's what it feels like. I'm starting to think all my problems are tied together - something went wrong in the beginning and now it has just gotten progressively worse.

But my DC rep is very aware of the new problems since I called her and let me know what else is going on. Her response "keep a list". I'm ready for my appointment with the DC tech next Tuesday... he has his work cut out for him, but DC will get their monies worth out of him, that's for sure!

But these little compliments are what keep me going...

Old 07-12-2006, 11:18 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Be sure to ask them about getting in touch with a Mercedes Tech Rep in Montvale, NJ.
If nothing else, try visiting a MB dealerto see what they've got to say. Unfortunately, I don't have any real contacts in FL.
If our SPOM (MB warranty rep) is in the shop tomorrow I can see if he knows anybody in that region.

Old 07-13-2006, 06:58 AM
Forum Regular

Thanks for the extra info, Feets... if you get that information prior to my appointment, PM me.

Thanks to everyone for all the info you've shared with me in an attempt for me to fix my car.

Keep your fingers crossed... because I REALLY want my car fixed and back in the condition she was in when I got her...

Old 07-25-2006, 01:02 PM

I'm alone 90% of the time in my Roadster Limited. A buddy of mine came along for an hour's drive in the city. As a Bimmer revved next to me at a red light, my pal said "That's the tenth time someone's looked at this car funny. What gives?"
I've gotten so used to it, I never notice anymore. Is this what it's like to be a sexy broad?

Old 07-25-2006, 03:52 PM
Forum Regular

Yeah I guess this is the same thing as being a hot chick, lol.
I get tons of compliments on the car , and lot's of jealous envy from my friends, while their girlfriends want me to take them for a ride. Another reason why I love 2 seaters.
I have to admit that sometimes it does go to my head, filling my enormous ego! hahaha just kidding...

Last edited by dynamicS; 07-25-2006 at 03:55 PM.