Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Green LED interior lights

Old 02-10-2007, 07:19 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Green LED interior lights

I love the set up... tempts me to do something like this myself... only problem I do not really like green and if the dash was red I would of done this a long time ago, but if you are willing to make a little write up of how you did it... it would be appreciated.

Old 02-10-2007, 07:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nitro4
i'm applying to UBC vancouver.

and i've already applied to UC: berkeley, san diego, riverside, davis, irvine, and santa barbara and usc.

whichever i get into that's in the nicest part of california, i'll go to.

unless i get into berkeley.. then i'm goin there for sure.
if being somewhere nice in cali is what your most concerned about, i doubt you would like berkeley, pretty crappy area. ucsd and usb are almost on the same par education wise and in ten times nicer areas, especially usb.

Old 02-11-2007, 10:32 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Re: Green LED interior lights

Originally Posted by Sidez
I love the set up... tempts me to do something like this myself... only problem I do not really like green and if the dash was red I would of done this a long time ago, but if you are willing to make a little write up of how you did it... it would be appreciated.
I'll start a new thread under the mods sections.

Old 10-23-2008, 12:24 AM
Default LED interior lights / exterior 'faux' LED idea...

My daily driver, a 2006 Saturn VUE Redline, has stock switchable gold/blue LED footwell lights - switch is on the center console...

I'd like to hook up some more interior LEDs on my Crossfire...(under the seat)...just like my Redline...

I was going to wire them into the dome circuit, but it has the 'theatre dimming' thing...anybody have an idea of what would happen to LEDs if they were on the 'dimming' module? Or, what would happen to the MODULE??

Rather than change the oddball Euro cyllinder lights in the dome lamps / trunk lamp - and affect the dimming module, I am planning to apply a blue clear 'glaze' paint to either the lamps or the inside of the reflectors...I think Testor makes clear model paint that might work...

I actually had LEDs on the licence plate lights of my VUE Redline, but got REALLY fed up with them lasting 2 months or so...then flickering or just going out...so, I coated the INSIDE of the licence place light lenses with clear blue paint glaze...LOOKS like LEDs now...but without the hassle!

May try it with the Crossfire...

Ideas, anyone?

'esellent' in Toronto

Old 10-24-2008, 08:22 AM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Hey Canada - please post the info on that kit for pulsing the lights with the music. I go to Ontario quite frequently and may pick one up for my son's coupe. I'm too old for strobe (may flash back to the 60s and freak out) and way too old for hip-hop.

Old 10-25-2008, 06:16 AM

Never been into any lights in my baby. Is it a special tool assignment to get at the bulbs to change them in the overhead and foot well lights? What hi intensity leds did you use? Are they available at advanced auto? Thanks...

Old 10-25-2008, 01:57 PM
Default LED interior lights / and trying NOT to 'pimp' my ride!

You know what? I believe that the Crossfire is a car that should be taken VERY seriously...

What do I mean? Well, puttng neon 'under car' lighting / odd-colour interior LEDs and all that stuff seems a little 'out of character' for such a sophisticated car...My VUE Redline has swtichable OEM LED under-seat lighting...sort of a 'gee whiz' effect...and I posted about possibly installing some LEDs in the same position on my X-Fire...

But, we have to be careful that we don't take our X-Fires into the realm of the slammed Civics and Mustang 5 litres of this world...the Crossfire is a cut above those...is it not?

So - and trying HARD not to sound elitist - just be cause we can afford a Crossfire, doesn't mean we should apply the same sort of 'street' decorations and style as other vehicles, does it?

I guess it's all about whatever one wants to do with one's car...but still...

The reason for this post? I saw a fairly new Jag XJ last night...and the guy had it 'bagged' and slammed / blue undercar neons / behind grill blue LEDs / dashmounted LCD TV...you know...totally pimped out...all it needed was the gold Kleenex box on the rear shelf...and, somehow it got me thinking about the Crossfire...and what NOT to do with it...!

But, back to earth...(thanks for listening to that rant!)

What I did on another car (that shall remain nameless!)...is paint a very thin coating of the clear glaze that is used for making faux coloured stained glass appliques on windows...the light blue colour...to the INSIDED of the lenses of interior lights and licence plate lights...that mimics the look of cool white LEDs...

Actually works...and despite my rant about not 'pimping up' the X-Fire...I might try it on my Crossie...

I'll let you know...post some pics when and if I get up the courage to try...

I checked the cost of replacement of the lenses on the interior dome lamp and licence plate lamps first...

omigod.

Cheers...

Esellent

Old 10-25-2008, 04:20 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Re: LED interior lights / and trying NOT to 'pimp' my ride!

maturity is a great thing...in comes at all ages...I tried for 3 months just to find an after market wheel set up...finally just left the OEMs on w/ new F1's...was looking at other mods as well, but decided to leave OEM all the way around...I bought a set of SLK 170 polished SS roll bars, but decided to leave the originals, going to sell the bars....so there you go, now the engine is another story....