Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Crossfire Trailer Hitch?

Old 02-10-2008, 11:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Crossfire Trailer Hitch?

ok,so sorry to burst your little bubble but...ITS A SPORTS CAR~!!!!!!not a truck,van,suv,or anything along those lines. its ment to hold 2 people and very little luggage. if u have any other needs then buy another vehicle. it would be like some one buying a viper to take off road or for some one to buy a '95 ford explorer to win the formula 1 grand prix. it just doesnt make a bit of sense!

Old 02-12-2008, 04:57 PM

BUFF5 - Any update on the hitch information? Thanks

Old 02-12-2008, 07:46 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Negative, have not followed up since I talked with the man but he had it fabricated locally. I kind of decided to hold off on my decision until spring. Then i would also consult & have it done locally.

Old 02-14-2008, 12:02 AM

You would have been so "flamed" for starting such a thread on a German car forum...
Crossfires are buit in Germany... Some owners and their style... come from somewhere else...
I do not really care about what you do to your car, you can hang some chrome ***** on that custom hitch you are fabricating as far as I'm concerned... instal some of those bull horns above the grill too, that is part of your legacy after all...
Just thank you for not buying a German car that had a German brand stamped on it, I bet it woul've been one of the few imports at that 4th of July parade anyway.

Old 02-14-2008, 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by tttosrt6
You would have been so "flamed" for starting such a thread on a German car forum...
Crossfires are buit in Germany... Some owners and their style... come from somewhere else...
I do not really care about what you do to your car, you can hang some chrome ***** on that custom hitch you are fabricating as far as I'm concerned... instal some of those bull horns above the grill too, that is part of your legacy after all...
Just thank you for not buying a German car that had a German brand stamped on it, I bet it woul've been one of the few imports at that 4th of July parade anyway.
"Chrome *****" hanging from the back of a SRT-6, thanks for the Idea!

Old 02-17-2008, 07:18 AM

Screw the trailer ball mount, just cut off the trunk hinges and install a goose neck hitch and air bags.

Old 02-17-2008, 09:00 AM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by plongson
Screw the trailer ball mount, just cut off the trunk hinges and install a goose neck hitch and air bags.
Where would one put the air bags?

Old 02-17-2008, 01:51 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by buff5
Has ANYONE yet made available, or is anyone aware of a business or private owner, who has concieved of a small reciever hitch for the Crossfire?. What I had in mind was to pull a very small, lightweight fishing or racing boat, NOT a big bass boat etc. I have a 06 Roadster but should work on all????
the car is only rated to handle 400 lbs driver and passenger weight, so I'd guess the trailer pulling is out of the question, plus instead of making a great car look like crap just go buy some cheap truck and you're set.

Old 02-17-2008, 03:40 PM

I am up for a hitch to pull my Harley? I don't care what the manual says.

The following users liked this post:
Robaire2000 (01-22-2022)
Old 02-27-2008, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by harleyrider
I am up for a hitch to pull my Harley? I don't care what the manual says.
I'm also down for a hitch if anyone finds out to pull my stunt bike around... and maybe the trackbike...lol

Old 02-28-2008, 07:34 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tttosrt6
Who gives a rat's *** what you and the German's think?

I think i saw you in a recent parade..you were the back half of a human horse with your head serving as a ball hitch up some german's A-hole

A hidden hitch suitable for a very small custom trailer or bike rack is a legitimate consideration, unless of course your travel horizons include only the inbred people of your own town.

Get off your high horse and consider that some people may find a lifestyle need ,rather than an extenstion of an inadequate body part, for their Crossfire.

Last edited by jaded1958cars; 02-28-2008 at 11:05 PM.
Old 03-06-2008, 04:01 AM

I know it is a sports car but on a fine summer's day, I want to drive it with the top down. But I have a little Hobie Cat kayak which I need to take with me on some days. I suspect I could stick it in the passenger's seat but that would make for a very funny visual. I will post a picture if I ever give it a try!

Meanwhile, the snow keeps coming in Ottawa. I am starting to think it will be May before I can drive my Crossfire again!

Old 03-06-2008, 05:24 AM

How about a fifth wheel (goose neck) you could mount the reciever right behind the roll bars, wouldnt that look great! Is it an art car parade?

Old 03-07-2008, 05:18 PM

You guys make me laugh. My Crossfire is my daily driver and race car. I am probably the one who was mentioned for having switched to a single exhaust offset on the driver's side rear so I could mount my trailer hitch to tow my race tires and tools to events. I bought the pieces from Rigid hitch to make the hitch and welded it all up myself about a year ago now. The car has towed my tire trailer close to 2,000 miles by now with no problems what so ever. Here is a picture of the hitch setup:

crossfire_assorted004.jpg

Function over form is much more important to me and since I can't afford a truck that is reliable enough to tow my car I devised up the trailer hitch. Everyone has their own priorities so why flame them for it?

Old 03-07-2008, 05:19 PM

Here is another picture from the rear of the car.

hitch.jpg

Old 09-16-2008, 11:42 AM

THATS FU**ING AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-07-2008, 06:59 PM

I once saw a Plymouth Prowler pulling a small custom built enclosed trailer painted same color. Coolest thing I have ever seen. Sadly, I don't know how they did the hitch.

Old 10-07-2008, 07:18 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ggguy
I once saw a Plymouth Prowler pulling a small custom built enclosed trailer painted same color. Coolest thing I have ever seen. Sadly, I don't know how they did the hitch.
I believe that "Prowler" trailer was a Plymouth option for the Prowler, so I assume the trailer hitch was probably an over the parts counter option as well.

Last edited by +fireamx; 10-07-2008 at 07:29 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:12 PM
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Lightbulb Re: Crossfire Trailer Hitch?

We'll make you a hitch that will fit your car. From my understanding, all anyone would need for a ar like this is a 1 1/4" receiver, correct? This could be something made to be hidden the best it could until you need to use it for pulling a small boat, a cycle trailer or a bike rack. I'm not prejudice against what you use your car for and all for it. Who wants one?

Old 10-07-2008, 09:46 PM
Default Re: Crossfire Trailert Hitch?

Originally Posted by jonnyangel04
WOW you should contact the guy who was looking for a bike rack....WHY do these people come out of the woodwork about every 3 weeks. SPORTS CAR, SPORTS CAR seriously. In closing that one inch space between the muffler is a space between the MUFFLER tips. there is still a muffler behind that space, there is no way a hitch would work for these cars, let alone there isn't a hitch for these cars because you are the only one in the market for one.
excuse my partner rudy he must have missed my third post from the begining, ITS NOT HAPPENING I HAVE LIMITS

Quick Reply: Crossfire Trailer Hitch?