Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Wind Restrictor

Old 04-29-2008, 12:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Re: Wind Restrictor

I just purchased the roadster and over-zealously purchased a full length wind-restrictor from some guy that posted...turned out to limit the amount the seat would recline so shipped it back - had to pay shipping costs so am out $30+ for nothing...I think the lighted ones are awesome but not sure they really block the wind - any feedback on that...vs. the mesh ones from over the pond - a bit pricey either way...but this car will be with me for a long time...

Any guidance on which one would be helpful, as well, how to hook the lighted one up to the wiring harness - I'm completely not mechanical...

Thank you -

Old 04-29-2008, 12:27 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Wind Restrictor

Originally Posted by Firstpoet
I just purchased the roadster and over-zealously purchased a full length wind-restrictor from some guy that posted...turned out to limit the amount the seat would recline so shipped it back - had to pay shipping costs so am out $30+ for nothing...I think the lighted ones are awesome but not sure they really block the wind - any feedback on that...vs. the mesh ones from over the pond - a bit pricey either way...but this car will be with me for a long time...

Any guidance on which one would be helpful, as well, how to hook the lighted one up to the wiring harness - I'm completely not mechanical...

Thank you -
I've been told the lighted plastic ones don't block the wind very well.

Here's some shots of the mesh one:

It works very well and is easy to install.

Old 04-29-2008, 12:31 PM

Thanks so much - the one I purchased and sent back also mounted on those 2 hooks but they also had little 'legs' that stick in the bottom hole (2 holes - screw hole and this bottom leg) so therefore they wouldn't mount flush and were tilted...didin't like that...did you break yours off or something to make them mount flat?

Also, I see the price of the mesh one - which is I think my choice over the lighted one - it's cool but come on who needs that to highlight this car - it does that on it's own - but do you know how much w/shipping in US dollars...?

Thanks again...

Old 04-29-2008, 12:35 PM
Received 344 Likes on 304 Posts

If you click on my gallery, you will see a couple of the lighted ones from Windrestrictor.com. I have had two roadsters. They may not block quite as much as the ones that go behind the seat backs but are much more attractive and fun. I designed my own and I believe they still do that. They are simple to install, the two screws holding the umbrella rack, behind the seats hold it on. I power mine with a cigar adapter however you can use a battery pack, hook them up to the brake lights to only light when you brake or to the tail lights so it is on when your lights are on.

AWSOME!

Old 04-29-2008, 12:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The WR is one of the nicest looking windblockers out there but I haven't noticed a major difference. Also, if the sun is in front out you it reflects into the mirror which is kind of annoying. Love the look but I am looking into the mesh. So as for form and function WR is a lot of form with an ok amount of function.

Has anyone compaired the two? WR vs Mesh?

Old 04-29-2008, 12:36 PM

I didn't have to change anything to make it mount like that. That's the way it's suppose to mount.

As far as price, they are a bit pricey especially with the current exchange rate. But do a search here under wind restrictors. Some guy here got a good price off the German Ebay.

Old 04-29-2008, 05:28 PM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by InfernoRedXfire

I love the look of this wind restrictor but every place that sells them (in Europe) want to much money. I wish somebody over here made them.

Old 04-30-2008, 02:59 AM

Maybe if enough forum members show interest someone w/an import firm or other supplier will (or the mfg in Europe) will make them more readily available to us here in the States so we don't have to sell the house to get one - the mesh is probably the 'best' wind block and I think is more 'sleek', albeit the lighted middle ones are truly stylish - don't think I'll go for that one though - it's expensive too...

If someone has a mesh one and knows how to get a 'deal' please let me (and us) know....

Thank you -

Old 04-30-2008, 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by Firstpoet
Maybe if enough forum members show interest someone w/an import firm or other supplier will (or the mfg in Europe) will make them more readily available to us here in the States so we don't have to sell the house to get one - the mesh is probably the 'best' wind block and I think is more 'sleek', albeit the lighted middle ones are truly stylish - don't think I'll go for that one though - it's expensive too...

If someone has a mesh one and knows how to get a 'deal' please let me (and us) know....

Thank you -
See if TVT_design can be a U.S. dealer.

Old 04-30-2008, 05:13 AM

I ordered the red lighted this month on line through E-bay. The price was a little lower than list. I guess I should have waited and order direct with the preferred 20. Oh Well !!!

The red lighted we bought looks great on our black roadster. It will even make people stare when the top is up and the windscreen is on. The back window looks as if the logo and script are floating on the back glass

Old 04-30-2008, 05:16 AM
Thumbs up Re: Wind Restrictor

Originally Posted by InfernoRedXfire

Yup, that's the One I wanted & I just got it 'Free' (New in Box) in Detroit Sunday with my New Roadster, the Roadster also has installed one from Windrestrictor.com, etched with 'Crossfire' on it & I've got a Brand New OEM one, not installed.
I guess, I'll have two For Sale, shortly. (My luck has been improving lately, I hope it holds out for awhile) SF

BTW, I think a Forum Group Buy is in Order, they are Very Pricey, w/Exchange rate & Shipping.

Old 04-30-2008, 05:21 AM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dbg55
I ordered the red lighted this month on line through E-bay. The price was a little lower than list. I guess I should have waited and order direct with the preferred 20. Oh Well !!!

The red lighted we bought looks great on our black roadster. It will even make people stare when the top is up and the windscreen is on. The back window looks as if the logo and script are floating on the back glass
gotta see that. that's what i want to do as well. snap a pic and send it my way. thanks.

Old 04-30-2008, 05:31 AM

I'm brand new to the forum - are there folks 'in charge' that could help in us maybe gaining a 'group purchase' price - IF we can get enough folks to say 'yes'?

Just wondering...thanks everyone!

Old 04-30-2008, 07:35 AM

I would buy a cloth one as well.

Old 04-30-2008, 07:41 AM

A cloth Windscreen? How would that work?

Old 04-30-2008, 09:55 AM
Forum Regular

ok had an idea. the mesh windscreen is a fabric. correct? what would be really interesting is if someone came up with a spring roller so if you wanted the windscreen, you pull it up from the bottom and hook it some how on the top of the roll bars and when you wanted the full wind in your hair effect (i've heard real hot days), you unhook it and it rolls back down out of the way. so, who's the engineer out there that wants to go in 50/50 on a patent on this one???

Old 04-30-2008, 10:01 AM
Exclamation Re: Wind Restrictor

Originally Posted by eruby
ok had an idea. the mesh windscreen is a fabric. correct? what would be really interesting is if someone came up with a spring roller so if you wanted the windscreen, you pull it up from the bottom and hook it some how on the top of the roll bars and when you wanted the full wind in your hair effect (i've heard real hot days), you unhook it and it rolls back down out of the way. so, who's the engineer out there that wants to go in 50/50 on a patent on this one???
Great Idea, but I paid for my last Patent in the US & Canada, over 5 years ago, No more Pain & Suffering for me in this Lifetime. (Other than on the Dragon, of course. )

Old 04-30-2008, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by eruby
No need for that. Look at the last photo where it connects to the car. Those turn ***** allow you to remove it by hand fairly easily.

Old 04-30-2008, 01:05 PM

Eric, I will take pictures this week-end an send to you. If you are interested I do have the old one. It is Plexiglas full width with a hinged wing for the middle to adjust. See you soon. I installed ours with a micro-switch to turn off and on. I wired to come on with running/headlights

Old 05-25-2008, 06:59 PM

Silverfox,
Here is a picture of the one you sold me,
Paul
a.jpg

Quick Reply: Wind Restrictor