Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

High pitch noise - Vaccum related

Old 08-09-2009, 11:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High pitch noise - Vaccum related

Although I originally thought the noise was tied to the air-conditioner (because I could stop it by turning off the air-conditioner), I have found that it is tied to the vacuum. It takes about 2-3 minutes from start-up before the first noise starts. After taking the foot off the gas, a noise is made. Pushing on the accelerator causes the noise to go away. I can turn the air-conditioner off and make the noise stop. The noise is not constant. On a highway drive, the noise does not come on. Driving in town has the noise coming off and on. The noise is not always the same loudness, sometimes it is very faint and sometimes it is very annoying loud. I am hoping I will not have to take it to Chrysler to figure out what is wrong. Thanks

Old 08-09-2009, 06:59 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts
Default Re: High pitch noise - Vaccum related

Originally Posted by randyveach
Although I originally thought the noise was tied to the air-conditioner (because I could stop it by turning off the air-conditioner), I have found that it is tied to the vacuum. It takes about 2-3 minutes from start-up before the first noise starts. After taking the foot off the gas, a noise is made. Pushing on the accelerator causes the noise to go away. I can turn the air-conditioner off and make the noise stop. The noise is not constant. On a highway drive, the noise does not come on. Driving in town has the noise coming off and on. The noise is not always the same loudness, sometimes it is very faint and sometimes it is very annoying loud. I am hoping I will not have to take it to Chrysler to figure out what is wrong. Thanks
That sucks!