Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

On the road, not in the roadster but...

Old 09-30-2009, 09:40 PM
Bat
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default On the road, not in the roadster but...

Bladecutter and I are in the Big Apple this week. We road tripped in the Altima this time as we had a dirt bike to trailer in with us and many other motorcycle parts to haul back home again. But that doesn't stop me for looking for Crossfires and fellow enthusiasts.

I was feeling a little down as for the entire 30 hour or so drive, the only Crossfire I saw was a black coupe in a salvage yard in Pennsylvania. Very sad site, that was.

Then, yesterday, on Long Island at the beach, my (car) spirits were greatly revived. We were driving down a little beach community back road and lo and behold - a white coupe in the distance and the owner was getting her mail. Of course we zoomed up and I told her I have an '08 Roadster and a great conversation ensued. Turns out her lil coupe was a first year, early VIN that she drove right off the showroom floor and hasn't stopped driving since (over 100K miles later). Awesome lady and very much still in love with her car. Really made me smile.

Today we had a red coupe fly by us on the Grand Central Parkway this morning. Obviously didn't get a chance to talk but what a beautiful sight. Later on, we were up in the Bear Mountain area (btw, that's a "foothill" not a mountain you crazy Easterners, lol) and I was really wishing I had my lil beauty. Some great and gorgeous roads that-a-way.

I'll be looking for more of "us" the rest of the week. Happy motoring!

Old 09-30-2009, 10:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: On the road, not in the roadster but...

Let me know if you are coming back from NYC through New Jersey? You guys can stop by me and well grab some dinner or something.

I'm in Morristown, NJ...west of Hoboken...let me know. I'd love to put more faces to screen names.

Old 10-01-2009, 02:26 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

There are some great "back roads" in upstate NY and into VT. The Taconic State Parkway for one...and I once raced a Ferrari 365 from NY into VT along Route 7. I was driving my 74 TR6, topless, and would love the opportunity to repeat with either '05. PS - I drove from MI to MN and back last weekend, 1350 miles, and only saw two XFs.

Old 10-01-2009, 02:51 PM
Administrator
Received 889 Likes on 693 Posts

Since I got my Roadster, the people I work with say they NOW see these cars all over!

I have only seen two in this county - and one is a Coupe locked away in a storage shed. The other is a bronze Roadster that is seen around town at times.

Of course, then there is the red one I see every night in my garage right before I go to bed!

Old 10-02-2009, 05:54 PM
Bat

Originally Posted by ZAHANMA
Let me know if you are coming back from NYC through New Jersey? You guys can stop by me and well grab some dinner or something.

I'm in Morristown, NJ...west of Hoboken...let me know. I'd love to put more faces to screen names.
Unfortunately, we probably won't be able to meet up this go 'round. We are leaving in the wee hours sometime tonight/tomorrow morning and hauling booty for CO. However, I see more trips to NYC in the future. Bladecutter is from here but this was my first time and I loved it. So much to do, so little time, so we'll definitely be back (and he has family here). We'll try and give a better heads-up to the board next time around.

Old 10-09-2009, 10:16 PM
Bat

ZAHANMA - did we end up seeing you anyways?!

We overslept Saturday morn and got a much later start then we expected then got stuck in a long traffic jam (an accident and idiot gawkers) getting out of NYC. Due to that it was midmorning by the time we hit Jersey. Our only sighting of the entire trip home was a black SRT-6 on I-80 (opposite direction) - was it you?

Old 10-10-2009, 08:31 AM

I know how you feel. I just bought a 2007 Black Roadster with 19k on it. I've had it about 1 month and since I've bought it I've seen a Yellow one, Baby Blue one, Silver one and a Red one...all Roadsters. Here in Fort Wayne...I never saw these cars before!

Old 10-10-2009, 08:57 AM
Administrator
Received 889 Likes on 693 Posts

Oh, md, I had a bad day thursday night. I knew there was a black coupe and a gold Roadster in town, but I saw another red Roadster in town thursday night.

My only hope is that they are from another county - I'd hate to think that my car is not unique - had my heart set on it being the only Roadster in the county. THEN I had to settle for it being the only Red one.

If it turns out there is another Red one....

I mean, I just NEVER noticed these cars before - had the idea I had the only one in this county of 80,000 people. But, just the same, I DO have one of the rarest cars on the road! (And mine is a LOT shiney-er that the one I saw!)

Old 10-10-2009, 10:30 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

welcome MD...there are more of us here in IN....need to meet up with the rest of soon...and do our dragon trip gtg....

Old 10-10-2009, 11:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bat
ZAHANMA - did we end up seeing you anyways?!

We overslept Saturday morn and got a much later start then we expected then got stuck in a long traffic jam (an accident and idiot gawkers) getting out of NYC. Due to that it was midmorning by the time we hit Jersey. Our only sighting of the entire trip home was a black SRT-6 on I-80 (opposite direction) - was it you?
Unfortunately, I don't think it was me... assuming it was the 3rd that you saw the SRT, I was on my way back frorm Baltimore, and I live about 6 miles south on 287 from 80...so I don't think so..

...but I'll admit it took me like 5 minutes to figure out where I was last weekend...and then look at google maps to see where 80 was located. I'm still hella new to the area. Definitely let me know when you are heading bacck and we will meet up and grab a drink/bite to eat.

P.S. Now I am curious to see who else has a black SRT in N.Jersey...