Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

FNG on board

Old 07-09-2010, 01:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FNG on board

Hey, I live in Phoenix and am looking for some Crossfire guys to talk too. I'll be in the market to buy a Crossfire by year end but have never driven one. I love the Aero Blue with the dark slate grey and vanilla int. but I love horsepower too. Being in Phoenix, of course I want a roadster. I need some unbiased info on ride quality, performance differences and general drive-ability between an srt6 and a limited. any opinions will be appreciated. Of course I understand the normal rivalry between the two sects....but I am looking for serious opinions. Thanks.

Old 07-09-2010, 01:27 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: FNG on board

The key comment in your question is "I love horsepower". With that in mind you want the SRT6. If you just want a fun car to drive in the twisties, it doesn't really matter much, however if you want "kick in the pants" power, no question, you want the
SRT6.

One caveat, the SRT6 only comes with an autostick. If you are looking for a manual, you have to go Limited. The SRT6 transmission is one of the finest autos I have ever driven, great for driving in rush hour and flexible enough to hold a gear on the track.

Good luck.

Old 07-09-2010, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by SRT SIX
The key comment in your question is "I love horsepower". With that in mind you want the SRT6. If you just want a fun car to drive in the twisties, it doesn't really matter much, however if you want "kick in the pants" power, no question, you want the
SRT6.

One caveat, the SRT6 only comes with an autostick. If you are looking for a manual, you have to go Limited. The SRT6 transmission is one of the finest autos I have ever driven, great for driving in rush hour and flexible enough to hold a gear on the track.

Good luck.

What he said.

Good luck.

Old 07-09-2010, 07:21 AM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You won't get the vanilla interior in the SRT-6 either. As for an unbiased opinion. Your talking to people who love their Crossfires. The ride is firm. But the car is so tightly built that it's always a pleasure to drive. The only fault I find in my unbiased opinion is with the cupholder. It was designed by evil gremlins to neither stay down nor hold a cup. It is both evil incarnate, and diabolical. If you die and go to hell, it will greet you at the gate. Whenever it opens, Jack should pop out. But much like a bad spouse, you will keep it around. Thinking maybe it can change. Maybe it's your fault it pops up while your trying to hit 2nd in a drag race. Maybe if you were a better person it wouldn't jab and poke all day. Again, my unbiased opinion.

Last edited by rush549; 07-09-2010 at 07:40 AM.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by rush549
The only fault I find in my unbiased opinion is with the cupholder. It was designed by evil gremlins to neither stay down nor hold a cup. It is both evil incarnate, and diabolical. If you die and go to hell, it will greet you at the gate. Whenever it opens, Jack should pop out. But much like a bad spouse, you will keep it around. Thinking maybe it can change. Maybe it's your fault it pops up while your trying to hit 2nd in a drag race. Maybe if you were a better person it wouldn't jab and poke all day. Again, my unbiased opinion.
Ha ha very funny!!! Every day I thank the Lord that here in the UK we were never blighted with the cupholder, and recieved the storage pocket instead! (In fact, I've never even seen the legendary cup holder, but I reckon it's the most talked about topic on this forum!!)

Klunce, I don't think you would be disappointed with either. The Ltd is a smoother, more cruiser type ride. SRT is sheer power and 50% stiffer suspension, so a bumpier ride. Both are fantastic and awesome!

Regards, Andy

Old 07-09-2010, 10:46 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Go find 'cruzinquick' in your area.... he can show you why you want the SRT6 if you want horse power....

I have owned the NA and now 2 SRT's.... the NA is a great car and fun to drive with excellent gas mileage...

That fact that I have 2 SRT's should tell you what I think of them.....

Old 07-09-2010, 11:08 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Well, my biased opinion is........ SRT all the way! Dollar per HP, it is one of the greatest buys on the market. Where else can you get a low mileage Karmann roadster with a hand built AMG engine for under 20K!

Old 07-09-2010, 02:48 PM
Forum Regular

klunce,
ther is a member named rcompart that has an srt6 for sale at a good price.it is a roadster and very well maintaned.he is very handy and the car has several extras on it. just some information........it is now up to you .
gryfan
Southern Ontario Crossfire Owners

Old 07-10-2010, 02:01 PM

i have the perfect car for you, the only problem is it belongs to me. welcome to the best site ever. check out my pics in my gallery. good luck in your search.