Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Limited Roadster

Old 09-02-2010, 12:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Limited Roadster

I'm new to the Crossfire Forum and I have a question. I purchased an 05 Blaze Red convertible in December of 09, with 15,000 miles on it. I keep seeing comment about roadsters and limited roadsters. How can an owner determine if the convertible is limited or not, or is the limited name only for SRT's? I appreciate any help you can give me. BTW, the car is wonderful and I just took out the Chrysler 5 year 70,000 mile warranty MaxCare Warranty through Michael Case for $2175. Very nice and helpful guy.

Thanks,

Doug
(dmajma)

Old 09-02-2010, 01:47 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Limited Roadster

there was a base roadster that had a black trim around the front windshield,
a special edition that had a black trim around the front windshield, srt-6 wheels, and only came in red i think
a limited had silver trim around front windshield
a srt-6 with silver trim on front windshield, srt-6 wheels, a big non-moving spoiler, and a sweet supercharged engine

there are other things not the same but I think these are the most obvious

Old 09-02-2010, 08:06 AM
Administrator
Received 888 Likes on 692 Posts

The above is correct. Do you have fog/driving lights? Silver trim around the windshield? Leather heated seats? ANY of these mean you have ALL of these (and other touchups) that mean you have a limited.

The Base models have no satin/chrome around the windsheild, on the door handles, or on the stakes behind the front wheels, they also have no driving/fog lights and no leather, as well as a minimal sound system and monotone dash.

Since yours is RED, it has to be a Limited... except for ONE thing:

There was a "Special Edition Roadster" that ONLY came in red. It's a base model but with souped-up rims, satin door handles and satin stakes behind the front wheels. Other than that, it's a base Roadster. If yours is Red, it's either a Special Edition or Limited. Look at the picutre of mine below. See the Satin/chrome trim around the windsheild? that means it's a limited. If yours looks like that, it's a Limited. If that trim is black, yours is a Special Edition (because the black trim indicated BASE, but since yours is Red, it would be a Special Edition.) I am looking for a Red Roadster with a stick, so far, about the only ones I have found are SE's. If you have an SE, it's a step below the limited, but on the other hand, it's also a rather "rare bird". I'm considering an SE just to have a stick. (An auto was an option on the SE, but any I have seen with my own two eyes were sticks).

I just took out the Chrysler 5 year 70,000 mile warranty MaxCare Warranty through Michael Case for $2175. Very nice and helpful guy.

I took out the same warranty on my car a few months before you did, it was under $800. The reason this guy was "nice and helpful" was that he was making well over $1,000 by getting you to sign one piece of paper and writing him a check for $2175. Do that for me, and I'll be "nice and helpful" too.

Sorry you got taken, happens to the best of us. I paid $17,645 for a Limited Red Roadster a few months before you bought yours - had 13,351 miles on it. Many here think I got taken.

Last edited by pizzaguy; 09-02-2010 at 08:15 AM.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:10 AM
Forum Regular

Pizzaguy got a great price considering my deal. I also purchased a 5 year 70K via M. Case for a 2007 Roadster and paid $1700 last year, I guess I got taken as well.

Old 09-02-2010, 11:39 AM
Received 511 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by autumnmass
Pizzaguy got a great price considering my deal. I also purchased a 5 year 70K via M. Case for a 2007 Roadster and paid $1700 last year, I guess I got taken as well.
Generaly on the warrantees, one finds whether or not they "got taken" when a claim is made.

Cheap warrantees are like cheap insurance. Proof of value comes when you need it.
And PIZZA, $17K for a roadster at 15K miles is not a bad deal at all. Someone will always find ya better one on paper. And always after you have closed your deal. So I say tell the nay sayers to stuff it and then go drive your $30K Crossfire like you stole it. 'Cause at $17-18K, ya did.

We all did.

roadster with a stick

Old 09-02-2010, 12:11 PM
Administrator

Agreed on all counts and thanks, Franc.

I initially refused the extended warranty as I believed they are a waste of money for the reasons Franc stated above. It was in the negotiation (and REMEMBER, I was gonna walk away from the car cause it was an automatic) when they discounted the warranty as an incentive to buy the car - after coming down from $18,999 on the car itself.

I know I have a reputation for not driving aggressively, but I do "drive" a hard bargain much of the time. Actually, I've never paid the initial asking price for ANY car other than my first one, a 74 Duster I bought in 77, and even then, I got him to put four new tires on it before I agreed to the deal.

And now you know why CarMax will never sell me a car - their 'no haggle' baloney combined with their PRICES keep me off their lots. (Not to mention their WORTHLESS test drives. )

Old 09-02-2010, 02:02 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
And now you know why CarMax will never sell me a car - their 'no haggle' baloney combined with their PRICES keep me off their lots. (Not to mention their WORTHLESS test drives. )
Never dealt with a Carmax. What is worthless about their test drives?

Old 09-02-2010, 03:12 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Joliet John
Never dealt with a Carmax. What is worthless about their test drives?
"Turn right out of the drive, stay in the right lane, turn at the first light.
Now, turn at the next right.... ok, turn right up here and you'll be able to turn right, back into the lot."

Total miles: under 3.
Total freeway miles: 0.
Top speed: 40 or less.
Amount of time listening to the car - none 'cause the sales person wont' stop talking.
Opportunity to get familiar with and inspect the car: usually none to speak of.

Old 09-02-2010, 04:14 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
"Turn right out of the drive, stay in the right lane, turn at the first light.
Now, turn at the next right.... ok, turn right up here and you'll be able to turn right, back into the lot."

Total miles: under 3.
Total freeway miles: 0.
Top speed: 40 or less.
Amount of time listening to the car - none 'cause the sales person wont' stop talking.
Opportunity to get familiar with and inspect the car: usually none to speak of.
You make me want to go to Carmax for a test ride. If I'm behind the wheel, the poor guy would be stuck going where *I* wanted to go.

A lot of dealers keep the cars near empty. I've had salesmen tell me we couldn't go too far because there was no gas in the car. I pull into a gas station, throw a few gallons in, and tell him to go pay for it.

And I have no problem saying "Dude. You need to shut up for a little bit. I'll tell you when I want you to talk again."

Old 09-02-2010, 04:33 PM
Forum Regular

Franc,
The warranty I had transferred in MO was $975 on Edwina, the company says they only transfer once so if I sell her guess it will be witnout that warranty I just bought...thinking of writing the company and requesting they reconsider under the circumstances or just hang on to the car...I am starting to like it a little more. But have not had any interested bite's on the ad anyway. My grandson would like to have her..

Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher
Generaly on the warrantees, one finds whether or not they "got taken" when a claim is made.

Cheap warrantees are like cheap insurance. Proof of value comes when you need it.
And PIZZA, $17K for a roadster at 15K miles is not a bad deal at all. Someone will always find ya better one on paper. And always after you have closed your deal. So I say tell the nay sayers to stuff it and then go drive your $30K Crossfire like you stole it. 'Cause at $17-18K, ya did.

We all did.

roadster with a stick

Old 09-07-2010, 04:12 PM

I'm new here and I have a 2007 Special Edition convertible in red with black around the windshield and the multi spoke machined wheels.
The seats are black with red inserts and a red "Crossfire" embroiderd on the seat back. Was this some kind of option for that year?

Old 09-07-2010, 04:26 PM
Administrator

Sam,

I think I read that the Special Edition was something they introduced in 2006.

I've seen three of them, never seen one with anything OTHER than black cloth seats.
Little is available about the SE online.

Old 09-07-2010, 05:12 PM

I can't find any photos of the two tone seats. A friend, who has a 2008 Limited Coupe, was told by a Chrysler salesman that they were "Sport Seats" and were some kind of option.

Old 09-09-2010, 08:05 AM
Forum Regular

Would like to see the seats, could you post picture?

Old 09-09-2010, 09:50 AM

I just moved, and my home computer is where I have a photo stored, so it may be a while before I have access to the only photo I have. The seats are narrower than other seats I've seen and the red inserts are perforated.
I have a 2006 Crossfire brochure and they are not shown anywhere in it.

Old 09-09-2010, 09:59 AM
Administrator

There are SLK or CLK seats that are a direct bolt-in, maybe someone did that before you owned the car?

Old 09-09-2010, 10:14 AM

I found a photo on my facebook page. "Crossfire" is embroidered on the black part of the seat back, and the stitching is red.

Attached Images
File Type: bmp
Crossfire.bmp (212.1 KB, 29 views)