Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

New to the gang...

Old 04-24-2012, 09:15 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Re: New to the gang...

[/HTML]the Sebring Convertible we have has a better computer than the one in the Crossfire[HTML]

Did you just say that?

Old 04-24-2012, 09:31 PM
Received 549 Likes on 461 Posts

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
[/HTML]the Sebring Convertible we have has a better computer than the one in the Crossfire[HTML]

Did you just say that?
I don't think I have ever heard of someone admit to owning a Sebring, he's got ba!ls, I'll give him that.

Old 04-24-2012, 10:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you just say that?
I did...in terms of functionality, meaning there is no way to get the MPG, etc., without something extra. Yes, I did say that...

Old 04-24-2012, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
I don't think I have ever heard of someone admit to owning a Sebring, he's got ba!ls, I'll give him that.
The Sebring wasn't a terrible car...you guys have a problem, I think, but you're entitled to your opinion, too.

Old 04-24-2012, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by alaxfire
I use Eagle One's "Never Dull" to polish the aluminum ......
Does it clean it of the oxidation, as well?

Old 04-24-2012, 10:10 PM

alrighty then.... But the ECU in this car does a lot more than give you MPG. I would figure out that top...as I wouldn't ever operate this top manually unless last resort. There are sensors all over this little car for just about everything you can think of. They are voltage sensitive, and moisture sensitive. I would make sure your divider in the trunk is up and locked properly, for the top to operate. There are a couple of other things that affect the top operation as well. Plenty of reading on here from the "sticky" threads. But, a Sebring? ouch!....lol....

Old 04-24-2012, 10:17 PM

alrighty then.... But the ECU in this car does a lot more than give you MPG. I would figure out that top...as I wouldn't ever operate this top manually unless last resort. There are sensors all over this little car for just about everything you can think of. They are voltage sensitive, and moisture sensitive. I would make sure your divider in the trunk is up and locked properly, for the top to operate. There are a couple of other things that affect the top operation as well. Plenty of reading on here from the "sticky" threads. But, a Sebring? ouch!....lol....
I was specifically speaking about the fact that you can't find out your MPG, etc., without an extra...Surely the computer that runs the car is much more sophisticated than any 1997 vehicle, be it the maligned Sebring or not. As for the top, I got that issue fixed, and I don't believe that manually lowering/raising the top would create any issues...there is a reason you CAN do it, right?

Old 04-24-2012, 10:25 PM

yeah, in an emergency. It is your top... mine has never given me any problems, but you take a close look in there...way too much that can go wrong if you mis-align something. Sebring thing has been a hot topic on here for years. People hate to have their XF compared to a Sebring. Just ribbin' ya. There are a lot of helps on here if you just read through a lot of the old threads. Plenty of info about the car. Some of us have been around here for way too long. You will get use to us....and we have been there done that in most cases. Enjoy your new ride...