Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

'05 Rdsr conv top prob.

Old 05-18-2012, 05:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default '05 Rdsr conv top prob.

My 05 Roadster top not working. Installed new cargo microswitch and even wraped the divider rod with tape to ensure the switch is triggered and "Beep beep beep". The windows go down when top unlatched and stowed but nothing. Checked the fluid in the trunk on the left side beside the rear tail light and its at the min level. Not sure if the amount is sufficient? Don't know how to check if there's hydrolic pressure or to restore pressure? Scratching my head. Help please as May 2fer going to be a
scorcher here in T.O.

Old 05-18-2012, 06:24 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: 05 Rdsr conv top prob.

see thread https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...f-problem.html

this one is better : Help with top issues please

Last edited by ala_xfire; 05-18-2012 at 06:27 PM.
Old 05-18-2012, 06:59 PM
Administrator
Received 888 Likes on 692 Posts

Click and start reading:

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...es-please.html

I have tried and tried to help people with their tops. But you are there and I'm not - so let me tell you: THE ONLY WAY TO TROUBLESHOOT AND FIX SOMETHING, is to know how it works in the first place.

I have two or three LONG posts in that thread where I explain how it all works (best as I can, I'm still learning, too.)

READ THE WHOLE THREAD before you go out and work on the car. Post any questions, please, in THAT thread, ok? I will be around SOME this weekend, checking in maybe in the morning and then in the afternoon (Eastern Time USA). I'll do what I can to help, but first read and learn about how the system is intended to work, ok?

Mark

Old 05-18-2012, 07:01 PM
Administrator

Also, there is ONLY pressure when the top is being put up or down, if you put it up partly, and walk away, in 10 minutes the pressure is released and everything relaxes. "Pressure" is not the problem.

Old 05-18-2012, 07:43 PM

In the past I would continue to press the top down button continually for approx. 5-7 minutes activating the top to open and lock and close after with a single push.
Let me say that durring the button pushing, there was no adjusting of cargo cover durring the process. Could there be a prob with the top up/down button?
I tried messing around with the contacts on the back of the button with no effect. "Beep beep". Keep reading

Old 05-18-2012, 09:45 PM

Checked the top open switch and everything looks ok. Whats the best way to bypass the microswitch? The pins on both the new switch(female) and the plug(male) shift
a little when mated. Could the shifting cause the switch to malfunction? Bypassing the switch tomorrow.

Old 05-18-2012, 11:44 PM
Administrator
Default Re: '05 Rdsr conv top prob.

I've never played with it, some switches do have 'play' in their contacts. MOST DON"T, so you may be onto something, if the thing has come apart inside, it will have 'play' and probably no contact - which would indicate the top is not open and ready to move, so the motor won't be commanded to start.

The "top open" switch (the one on the passenger side, in the top itself) is bypassed by taking the wires off the switch and connecting them together. It will tell the computer the top is always open, so it SHOULD go up and down if the switch was the problem.

Last edited by pizzaguy; 05-18-2012 at 11:49 PM.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:48 PM
Administrator

If you unlatch from the windsheild frame and the windows go down, but nothign else will happen, its' either the divider switch, top open switch or a problem with the trunk lock / trunk closed indication.

I should say, the above is the MOST LIKELY, that is. But I think you figured this out from your reading!

I leave for the Tail of the Dragon in the morning, won't be back on until evening in my room up there! Best of luck!

Old 05-25-2012, 10:04 PM

Can Anyone assist in locating a video or pics as to how the multifunction tool and 6mm allen key used to lower the top manually. I do
not own a multifunction tool but have learned a 10mm slim wrench and slotted srewdriver pass as a replacement. Have had no sucess
diagnosing why my top won't lower however sensors asside, manually stowing the top seems a more safe and time peserving option.
Thxs especially to pizza guy for taking on the vast pages of information associated with our convertible tops and their maintenance.
Cheers to you and the other forum members for their efforts!!

Old 05-26-2012, 11:51 PM
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Here is the post that talks about a video. I had my local high school metal shop make mea multipurpose tool for me from the drawings posted on the boards. https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ing-video.html