Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

my crossfire wont stay running

Old 03-04-2013, 08:26 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: my crossfire wont stay running

Guys,

Just saw this thread and I have a similar problem, however my car never stalled out. I have a 2007 crossfire roadster with 12,300 miles on it. Last week it ran fine, but this weekend when I tried to start it nothing (dash lights comeon, radioworks, fan, etc) but even the key fobs (both have new batteries do not work). Could this be the RCM problem (Mystery no start). I have a new Interrstate battery which was replaced last July 2013. Is the fuel pump realy module the same as the RCM? I am going to have to take it to the dealer but I waned to have some background on what to tell them to check because they always take advantage of a woman. Does the skreem problem have different symptoms? Thanks for any help you could share.

Old 03-04-2013, 08:30 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by autumnmass
Guys,

Just saw this thread and I have a similar problem, however my car never stalled out. I have a 2007 crossfire roadster with 12,300 miles on it. Last week it ran fine, but this weekend when I tried to start it nothing (dash lights comeon, radioworks, fan, etc) but even the key fobs (both have new batteries do not work). Could this be the RCM problem (Mystery no start). I have a new Interrstate battery which was replaced last July 2013. Is the fuel pump realy module the same as the RCM? I am going to have to take it to the dealer but I waned to have some background on what to tell them to check because they always take advantage of a woman. Does the skreem problem have different symptoms? Thanks for any help you could share.
1. batteries in key fobs have nothing to do with starting.
2. RCM / Fuel Pump Relay / K40 : all the same thing ( and could be the problem. )
3. not too sure about the skreem symptoms - anyone ?

Old 03-04-2013, 08:34 AM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Skreem module.. two attempts at start.. will run a couple seconds and shut down.. then nothing when attempting the starter untill you disconnect and reconnect the battery. Cycle only repeats itself.

Fuel pump relay disables starter engagement? (as far as RCM being the problem) You should hear the pump when key is turned to on position.

Old 03-04-2013, 08:42 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
Skreem module.. two attempts at start.. will run a couple seconds and shut down.. then nothing when attempting the starter untill you disconnect and reconnect the battery. Cycle only repeats itself.

Fuel pump relay disables starter engagement? (as far as RCM being the problem) You should hear the pump when key is turned to on position.
Yea, that.
Thanks Mr M, your encyclopedic memory pales only in comparison to that of the Frozen King of the North. ( he must be sleeping )
eh ?

Old 03-04-2013, 08:47 AM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I just read the first post here.. LOL.

Actually I've seen this reported a couple times and carted off to dealer as the end result.

Frozen King of the North probably just had a late night clearing snow from the front door so he could get his paper this morning..

Last edited by Mrmiata; 03-04-2013 at 08:51 AM.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:41 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Pretty much same thing goes wrong with the cars all the time. Once in awhile one will throw us a curve. I only wonder if there were multiple suppliers. Because not all cars are affected the same. RCM seems to be across the board though. All cars go thru CPS's.

Old 03-04-2013, 04:01 PM
Forum Regular

Thanks to all for sharing your knowledgel. Will try your suggestions and report back.

Old 03-06-2013, 12:43 PM

I also have this problem, my mechanic is going insane. we have replaced the PM (Pulce Module) and checked that the RCM is soldered, it was done a few years ago, lots of solder. We traced the current to a resistor in the PM but with the new PM the problem is still there. (cranks and runs for about 5 revs, dies, crank again for less, then nothing, Max 4 cranks in a row, after over night battery charge) For now I have found a wiring diagram for the PM but not for any other wire grouping.

Does the PM have programing, I dont think it will cuz it is just a simple board but still?

Im starting to think this could be a Skreem Module fault. I have no codes popping up to tell me anything.

Could this be the PCM ( Power-train Control Module)?

Also I have seen that many people have looked at the skreem and taken it to a dealer and then NO reply on if it was fixed and how...

Next on the agenda is to do all the key tricks I have learned today.

If any one has full wiring specs for the engine compartment I would love to see them. also I have been over the links on onehundred80's useful links and found nada to help.
EDIT: I found wiring Diagrams on Auto Zone for the 04 and 05...Auto Zone of all places...
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/rep...00c1528023da51

THANKS for any help
Dan

Last edited by F117NH; 03-06-2013 at 12:56 PM.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:11 PM

Things do seem to point to the Skreem being the more likely prob., but you need to view this with a DRBIII hooked into your car & the necessary software for our Xfires to see what codes are hidden within if any. It will fall under #3 off the main menu (module scan) This will pass thru 11 diff. modules & let you know if any hold trouble codes for the tech to track. Our cars are so sophis. on some diag. that this may be your only way to solve your no run prob. Wish I had better news. Good luck.

Old 03-06-2013, 02:29 PM

Any one in the Reno/Tahoe area that could be of help?

Old 04-17-2013, 10:11 AM
Forum Regular

Just wanted to give everyone an update. After I charged the battery (guess it went dead for not using the car in 3 weeks ) which I was surprised since the lights on the dash were lighting up. However after charging the battery that seemed to clear the problem. The car started and I was able to turn the key and the key fob even works. Thanks again for all your help and recommendations.

Originally Posted by autumnmass
Guys,