Manual Top Operation - Page 3 - CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2016, 09:54 AM

Default Re: Manual Top Operation

I'ts just two wires that attach to/plug into the sensor.

Cut them and splice them together. DONE.

Mine was modded by the previous owner as well - just gotta be mindful of having the divider up so that NOTHING is in the way of the top as it comes down!
Old 06-12-2016, 11:10 PM

You must first unjamm the trunk.

One thing to try, assuming the jam is the electric lock - is to "work" the lock, do this:

1) Get in, start car
2) Turn the T-handle and put the top up and away from frame.
3) Hit the button to LOWER the top (this will make the electric lock go to the lock position - you should hear a FAINT but discernable "whimm-pp" sound as the lock moves.
4) Hit the button to RAISE the top (This should make the electric lock go back to the unlock position - the sound of the lock going back to unlock is fainter than the other sound - I often cant even hear it)
5) Lock the D handle back in position.
6) Try the trunk
7) Repeat a time or two if needed.

I got your PM, the next move is to remove the DRIVERS SIDE license plate light and use a metal coathanger, formed with a small j-hook at one end, to grab the emegency release - PULL and the trunk will pop open. I BELIEVE THE EMERGENCY RELEASE WILL OVERCOME BOTH THE PNEUMATIC AND ELECTRIC LOCKS, per federal law.
Old 06-12-2016, 11:12 PM

Again, got your PM, how long have you had the car? YOu say you don't think the cable is there - if you did not remove it, and it is obvious that you did not - I'm trying to ascertain the likelyhood that someone DID remove it.

I do know that it took me maybe four attempts to snag it the last time I played around with it, and I'm an "old hat" at this.
Old 11-09-2016, 09:45 AM

Dear Sir,
Your video is fantastic and very helpful.
Would you mind if I shared the link with fellow Crossfire club members in the UK
Many thanks
Mike Darby
Chairman of UK Crossfires Club
Old 12-12-2016, 06:25 PM

great video, good to know theres a way around a non functioning roof, i recently got my roadster and found the chrysler tool in the boot, another possible tool maybe the mercedes roof tool for the slk, it is thin, with a 10mm a/f at one end, and has a 6mm hex key welded on at the other,
Old 01-05-2017, 09:50 PM

Pizza guy. Many thanks. Now I can get it open to fix it. 10mm end wrench worked perfectly for the tool.