Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

first Mystery 2007 Roadster

Old 11-18-2013, 12:25 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default first Mystery 2007 Roadster

I had this on the Web for a time with no answer. So I will try here.

I push forward my on wiper stick but my high Beams do not come on. The lights work, (pull back on wiper stick) for if I pull back on the lever they light up. Is this a fuse concern? Or is something disconnected? Both of the bulbs are working great. Anyone have an Idea about this. Now that it actually is getting dark here might need them. I hate driving with one hand on the lever stick pulled backwards.

Thanks, for the help.

KJ

Old 11-18-2013, 02:57 PM
Forum Regular
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: first Mystery 2007 Roadster

KJ - not sure if it is the same with the Canadian DRL switch but in order for the hi beams to work you have to turn the headlight switch to the on position. If you leave it in the auto position (straight up and down) the high beams will only came on as you stated by pulling back - flash to pass. Hope it solves you issue!
Ron

Old 11-19-2013, 12:19 PM
AlG
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The high beams will also not stay on if the fog lights are on with the low beams.

Old 11-19-2013, 01:37 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by Reliableron
KJ - not sure if it is the same with the Canadian DRL switch but in order for the hi beams to work you have to turn the headlight switch to the on position. If you leave it in the auto position (straight up and down) the high beams will only came on as you stated by pulling back - flash to pass. Hope it solves you issue!
Ron
The 'Auto' position is actually the 'Off' position in cars without DRL's.
In the 'Off' position the highs can only be flashed.

It is 'Auto' only for cars with DRL's.
'Auto' meaning the lights that are illuminated to conform to the DRL law go on when the car is put in a drive position or a gear is selected. The high beams do not work in this so called 'Auto' position and the fog lights do not work either as the switch will not pull out.

Old 11-25-2013, 02:42 PM
Forum Regular

Ok, I do turn my lights on all the way with Fog Lamps lite. (everyday) I do not need the high beams on rarely except winter time. So I will try this when I get into the car today, and report back.

PS Ron, you are not a "pain in the rear! Thanks for the help for you guys! Always appreciated!

KJ

Old 01-31-2014, 04:34 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: first Mystery 2007 Roadster Answer found!!!!

I asked...and Asked again...and asked Again one more time. No one knew of the mystery: "my high beams don't work by selecting the lever ON for high beams? So I had to go to the Chrysler dealer! YIKES!

Well there is a problem and it is not the Fog lamp issue. Yes if your Fog lamps are on your high beams will not come on at the same time, but will come on and turn off the fog lamps automatically.

What is bad is in your turn signal. Yes they have to open the steering wheel (dang Bags) and replace Part Number #5098519aa the switch turn signal. Try to buy the part first otherwise good ole Chrysler will charge you $359.10 for the part. It took these guys 4 hours to replace it.

They work just fine now. I am sure it would be cheaper if someone would have know, so I am passing this on. You guys have always given me great advice, and now I am returning the part number and what has to be replaced. I hope this helps!

That was a Chrysler part number.

Just put on my 36000 mile on the Toy!

KJ

Old 01-31-2014, 04:37 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Stalk switch was my "best guess".. but just that. My "flash to pass" went out.. I'm okay with it.. LOL