Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Crossfire Wont start or turn over after flood

Old 05-18-2014, 10:09 PM
Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Re: Crossfire Wont start or turn over after flood

Originally Posted by cojoman
Okay i went and got the central locking pump module from my car. This is what it looks like currently. I really think this one is okay but the terminals are corroded and also the piece of metal holding it seems to be in very much corroded also but it doesn't seem to be as bad as the Vacuum Pump. I know this one might need to be programmed if i have to get a new one.
My questions is, can it be tested? At least before i go through the hassle of trying to get another one, i will love to see if it is still good.

What do you think?
Open up the case and post a photo of the circuit board inside. From the photos you posted I think it was underwater and is most likely ruined. This is not an expensive part so I wouldn't waste time trying to "save" it. Just get a replacement part.

If you have access to a sand blasting cabinet you can clean up the mounting bracket but again it's easier to get another one from where ever you end up getting the replacement module.

Last edited by RED DOG; 05-19-2014 at 05:17 AM.
Old 05-19-2014, 10:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update:

Today i cleaned out all the connectors and the trunk itself. I will be heading to Houston tomorrow ( 2 and half drive) to go buy the central module and vacuum module. I will also be buying the connectors with it so that i don't need to worry about any problems later. Since am going there is there something i might need to purchase or i should be concern about? The car was in a collision in the front end. I finished cleaning late and it was dark to take picture (sorry about that). I will do it tomorrow. The inside of the circuit board is really bad. Some of the components are already rusted and already fell out!

Thank you all.

Last edited by cojoman; 05-19-2014 at 10:26 PM.
Old 05-20-2014, 07:33 AM

OK . . . You're making progress. You are still confused about the description of those parts but I think you know what you need. Until you get those two replacement parts installed we won't know if you need anything else. Don't forget to get the foam casing for the central locking pump and the mounting bracket and bolt for the security module.
Also I have to share that I am getting frustrated by not getting answers to my questions. Did you do anything to be sure the battery is charged or replaced? Did you get some dielectric silicone compound to put on the connectors? Do any of the connectors look burnt or melted? Is there any water inside the taillights?
When you get back home DON'T try to cut or splice any wiring and DON'T try to connect the replacement parts until we communicate again.

Last edited by RED DOG; 05-20-2014 at 11:30 AM.
Old 05-20-2014, 08:54 AM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by RED DOG
OK . . . You're making progress. You are still confused about the description of those parts but I think you know what you need. Until you get those two replacement parts installed we won't know if you need anything else. Don't forget to get the foam casing for the central locking pump and the mounting bracket and bolt for the security module.
Also I have to share that I am getting frustrated by not getting answers to my questions. Did you do anything to be sure the battery is charged or replaced? Did you get some dielectric silicone compound to put on the connectors? Do any of the connectors look burnt or melted?
When you get back home DON'T try to cut or splice any wiring and DON'T try to connect the replacement parts until we communicate again.
Mercedes owners are installing the pump upside down or enclosing it is a plastic bag to prevent water damage again. I'll go for the sturdy plastic bag if I ever dig around in there and expose the pump.
This is a smart move.

Old 05-20-2014, 07:18 PM

Hello,

I got home with the parts. Too late i already tried to slice and connect the parts. I got new connectors and i checked the wires and they don't seem to be burnt or melted.
The battery was fully charged. I didn't see any water in the taillight. I thought i should give it a try and so far there is no change. I didn't check back to the forum when i got back.
I am so sorry Red Dog. I just kind of went with the previous discussions to install it. I am so exhausted and frustrated at the same time. Just praying for some miracle.

Old 05-20-2014, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by cojoman
Hello,

I got home with the parts. Too late i already tried to slice and connect the parts. I got new connectors and i checked the wires and they don't seem to be burnt or melted.
The battery was fully charged. I didn't see any water in the taillight. I thought i should give it a try and so far there is no change. I didn't check back to the forum when i got back.
I am so sorry Red Dog. I just kind of went with the previous discussions to install it. I am so exhausted and frustrated at the same time. Just praying for some miracle.
U N B E L I E V A B L E !! There will be no miracles here as I don't believe God is "into" auto repair. Phone me tomorrow morning per my response to your PM (but I don't think talking in person will help if you are having trouble following written directions). I suspect you are over your head trying to tackle this project and should just file an insurance claim or sell the car "as is". Can you file an insurance claim?

Old 05-20-2014, 08:16 PM

I dont think i can right now. The insurance was out of it before i traveled to Overseas. I guess am not that lucky. I thought it was really plug and play. Am sorry if i disappointed you guys, but i was just trying to follow every instructions and i was not on the forum 24/7 but i tried. I will call tomorrow and probably explain better.
Thanks Red Dog