Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Factory windscreen Discontinued?

Old 05-22-2006, 11:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Factory windscreen Discontinued?

I installed mine, which I ordered from Mopar Parts. Was only $157.00 including shipping. Works great, you can actually hear the radio and talk with passenger. Doesn't get in the way when you put the top up.

Old 05-29-2006, 09:00 PM
Forum Regular

With my new K&Ns and my Mopar screen I went cruising in Two Harleys with my wife. It was a hot day...up to 94 degrees. It was soooooo nice. We hit the back roads around SW Ohio, and really enjoyed the day. The windscreen is a very nice addition. And the ability to pull away from everything else out there was an added treat. I had the air running to keep a cooling breeze feeding the ****pit, and I noticed NO difference in performance. It obviously took some toll, but not enough for me to notice.

This is such a sweet ride. I've waited for this day to come...and a nice foretaste of summer it was.

Next week is the ride to the Chrysler museum and the meet up with owners from Canada and Michigan. I hope we have a nice turnout, and nice weather.

Anyone considering the windscreen, and wondering if it's worth it, my vote is a definite yes. I went the velcro route, which seemed the best short term approach to enjoy the windscreen without committing. I'm sold. I'll probably live with the velcro for a while longer just to see how well it holds up.

Old 05-29-2006, 10:37 PM

I've also installed the DC Windscreen with the velcro method and it went great. I have noticed at night when I look in the rear view mirror I see the rear view mirror in the windscreen glass. Did I do something wrong during installation? Is this just something that I live with?

Also thanks for all the info on this forum. I don't say too much in a forum but I really appreciate all the help shown on here.

mark

Old 05-29-2006, 10:45 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Shoes
I have noticed at night when I look in the rear view mirror I see the rear view mirror in the windscreen glass. Did I do something wrong during installation? Is this just something that I live with?
mark
Hi Mark,

From what I've heard it is something that you have to get used to. This reflection drawback has been mentioned in a number of posts. I haven't been out at night since installing my windscreen, but I'm expecting to deal with it next weekend.

Welcome to the forum. Posting isn't required, but as I've learned, the forum folks are quite supportive and understanding. And the information obtained here is priceless. This is where I learned about the K&N Dual Air Filters and the Mopar Windscreen. I only wish that I had the wallet to keep up with the advice. Still...Rotex Gold pads are out on a website with my name on them.

Old 06-01-2006, 05:32 PM

Don't anyone cry at the $175-ish price for a Crossfire windscreen. My 1985.5 Porsche 928 got tagged by a rock just as it crossed 100k. The local (Tucson) Porsche dealer quoted $2,300 (!!!)... PLUS installation! The local aftermarket glass company found me one for $375.

Rob Gold
Royal Oak, MI