Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

2006 crystal red roadster

Old 02-12-2018, 10:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 crystal red roadster

About 4 weeks ago, I purchased one with76,000 miles on it. The dealer added new rear brakes and rotors, valve header gaskets, rear tie rod ends and state inspection. Everything works properly except for the spoiler switch which is no working all the time. Top is in very good condition and it look like the front bumper was repainted at some time .Clean car fax. Due to its age, what replacement parts should I be trying to secure before they are no longer available.

Thank you, can't wait till spring

Old 02-13-2018, 07:13 PM
Administrator
Received 883 Likes on 688 Posts
Default Re: 2006 crystal red roadster

Body parts are already hard to find. But engine/chassis parts are not a problem, for the most part, you search for "2003 Mercedes SLK320" and, most of the time, the part can be ordered if not already in stock locally.

Just verify the air compressor is working, get a tire plug kit, a spare crank sensor and change the belt and battery every four years. (Not to mention transmission service, coolant flush, etc from time to time.)

Old 02-14-2018, 08:17 AM

Thank you for the response. I'm at the Chrysler dealer now getting the trans fluid changed and few other items worked on. Will ask thank to check belts, etc. A new crank sensor is still available. Thank you!

Old 02-14-2018, 10:38 AM
Received 374 Likes on 324 Posts

Originally Posted by bontrager
Thank you for the response. I'm at the Chrysler dealer now getting the trans fluid changed and few other items worked on. Will ask thank to check belts, etc. A new crank sensor is still available. Thank you!

Oh oh, about going to a Chrysler STEALERSHIP, you will find a lot of $ missing from your wallet, and also find it would be much better to either do it yourself or find an indi repair shop to address your non self help items. Just saying (along with a multitude of other members).

Old 02-15-2018, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost
Oh oh, about going to a Chrysler STEALERSHIP, you will find a lot of $ missing from your wallet, and also find it would be much better to either do it yourself or find an indi repair shop to address your non self help items. Just saying (along with a multitude of other members).

looks like you were right about stealership. $320.00 for fluid gasket filter and labor? Did I get screwed? (Transmission) Spoiler was working properly, my error

Last edited by bontrager; 02-15-2018 at 07:44 AM. Reason: Needed to add comment
Old 02-15-2018, 09:33 AM
Forum Regular
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Hey Bontrager, I would look at that charge as an investment in keeping up the Crossfire because they (the dealerships so I am told) keep on staff one "Crossfire trained" mechanic. Some of these "trained xperts" have never encountered such things as a lower control arm replacement or a rear wheel bearing replacement which as stated above can be performed by most any good competent mechanic, however when it comes to our automatik transmissions, since we have no dipstick, I feel that they are the most qualified to perform the service that you just got done. I have three Crossfires, all automatic, and have had the "stealership" do that same service to two of them. The third only has 43,000, so it doesn't need it. ... Your transmission service paperwork trail from the dealership will look better to a prospective buyer than one from AAmco, I would think....good luck withyour crossie..Peace

Old 02-15-2018, 12:48 PM

Good comments and thank you for the response

Old 02-20-2018, 04:22 PM

PS, does it have a timing chain or a timing belt and when would it need serviced (odometer reading). Also no air filter other than the AC cabin filter?
No manual was in the car

Thank you!!!!!

Old 02-20-2018, 04:25 PM

\
Originally Posted by Fla_Xfire_SRT
Hey Bontrager, I would look at that charge as an investment in keeping up the Crossfire because they (the dealerships so I am told) keep on staff one "Crossfire trained" mechanic. Some of these "trained xperts" have never encountered such things as a lower control arm replacement or a rear wheel bearing replacement which as stated above can be performed by most any good competent mechanic, however when it comes to our automatik transmissions, since we have no dipstick, I feel that they are the most qualified to perform the service that you just got done. I have three Crossfires, all automatic, and have had the "stealership" do that same service to two of them. The third only has 43,000, so it doesn't need it. ... Your transmission service paperwork trail from the dealership will look better to a prospective buyer than one from AAmco, I would think....good luck withyour crossie..Peace

and 3 Crossfires; good for you!!!!

if it isn't already it will be a cult classic IMHO.

Old 02-20-2018, 06:17 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

PS, does it have a timing chain or a timing belt and when would it need serviced (odometer reading). Also no air filter other than the AC cabin filter?
No manual was in the car

Thank you!!!!!
https://www.chrysler.com/download/pd...oad-button.y=3

Old 04-12-2018, 09:04 AM

Just an update on my 2006 roadster.
transmission fluid changed, no problems, shifts very well (auto).
Had to get an extra key fob, with labor to install 260.00
Had my air filters replaced yesterday, the originals were very dirty. 80.00 for the filters, free install. P
Power top and spoiler seem to be working with out problems, fingers crossed
Have used a black gel coat on the top twice, looks very good for a 12 year old top.
Added new bluetooth JVC radio, skipped Sirius tuner.
Each wheel has a small amount of road rash. Getting that sanded out on each wheel and then powered coated the same color. $650.00 for 4 wheels.
My beige colored wheel looks like crap, bought a beige dye to refinish. Hope it matches closely.
Changed the front grill to a billet type, not sure that I like it as of yet.
On a down note , the second time that I had the car out, someone keyed the front door. Will turn it in to insurance.
Love the the!

Thank for looking

Old 04-12-2018, 10:24 AM
Administrator
Received 883 Likes on 688 Posts

Labor it install a key fob?

You went to a damn DEALER, didn't you. Next time, call Rob at Needswings.com - $159 and you program the buttons yourself in 30 seconds.

Old 04-12-2018, 07:29 PM

Think it was 65.00; didn't think I had a choice

Old 04-13-2018, 01:00 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Think it was 65.00; didn't think I had a choice
Yea , you could have did that, in the seat going out the door. Always , always , come here first. Ask a question! Skin a knuckle! Save a couple 100 bucks.....