Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Crossfire removable hardtop & body kits ?

Old 07-01-2018, 06:26 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile Crossfire removable hardtop & body kits ?

Hello everybody ! i just joined this forum last month and I have found it to be very informative and friendly. I have seen quite a few threads about owners looking for a removable hardtop for the roadsters. I have also seen a couple threads about flared fenders, wide body kits and other mods. I have a 07 roadster and I have been involved in the business of make custom and one off fiberglass body panels and complete car body kits since 1995. I retired from that business a couple years ago but I am itching ( pun intended ) to get back into building some parts for my Roadster.
I am willing to make a couple prototype removable hardtops if there would be interest for 4 or more owners here . I would love for someone to do a drawing or photo shop of a roadster with a removable to so I can get some ideas on what you guys might be interested in. I have some ideas of my own but will like to get a conversation started about the tops and also a couple different style front and rear fenders as well as custom crossfire hoods and front bumper covers. I am located in western Maryland and I think us northern people could benefit from a removable hardtop. I had a 1990 Miata a few years back that had a removable hardtop and I really liked it.
Jump in and give me some input, maybe I can fill a need for some Crossfire owners ! Thanks Jim

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
crossfirehardtop2lowres.jpg (22.1 KB, 47 views)
The following users liked this post:
Rickjeff280 (07-02-2023)
Old 07-31-2018, 04:00 PM
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Re: Crossfire removable hardtop & body kits ?

Well, I stumbled across your post . . . You posted it in "Crossfire Events and Meets". You might expect a better response if you post it in the Crossfire Roadster area . . . By the way, I like the photo but personally the hassle of removing / storing / installing a hardtop is not for me . . . I know from experience . . . Good Luck!

Old 07-31-2018, 06:09 PM
Administrator
Received 880 Likes on 686 Posts

Thread moved.

Old 11-15-2018, 05:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by croosfireenvy
Hello everybody ! i just joined this forum last month and I have found it to be very informative and friendly. I have seen quite a few threads about owners looking for a removable hardtop for the roadsters. I have also seen a couple threads about flared fenders, wide body kits and other mods. I have a 07 roadster and I have been involved in the business of make custom and one off fiberglass body panels and complete car body kits since 1995. I retired from that business a couple years ago but I am itching ( pun intended ) to get back into building some parts for my Roadster.
I am willing to make a couple prototype removable hardtops if there would be interest for 4 or more owners here . I would love for someone to do a drawing or photo shop of a roadster with a removable to so I can get some ideas on what you guys might be interested in. I have some ideas of my own but will like to get a conversation started about the tops and also a couple different style front and rear fenders as well as custom crossfire hoods and front bumper covers. I am located in western Maryland and I think us northern people could benefit from a removable hardtop. I had a 1990 Miata a few years back that had a removable hardtop and I really liked it.
Jump in and give me some input, maybe I can fill a need for some Crossfire owners ! Thanks Jim
This would interest me, though would probably be outside my price range, but maybe not. Let me know if you go forward with your idea.

Old 09-27-2020, 02:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Desperate to locate a hardtop for my amazing crossfire convertable ,one owner....
This under rated car drives fantastic I am looking for a low mileage fastback as I really beleive these are a major classic of the future.
The only thing i miss is a hardtop like the one in the picture reminds me of a BMW Z3 top i have seen .
I would most certainly order one if i can find a manufacture .
Can any one assist .
Robin....UK

Old 09-27-2020, 09:31 AM
Received 538 Likes on 454 Posts

These parts can be found in the next aisle over from the aisle with the hens teeth and unicorn horns. 😏
Not many after market parts made for the Crossfire have been a success, most have been sad disappointments or rip offs.

Old 09-27-2020, 10:57 AM
Administrator
Received 880 Likes on 686 Posts

The gent who started this thread appears to be sincere and capable - but he has not posted in over a year. and has not logged in since 09-02-2019 at 01:48 AM. I dont think the response was as big as he expected.

And given how people who own this car cry and whine about the cost of premium gas or new (hell, they are only $700) convertible tops - I doubt the cost of a custom-made hard top is going to go over well.

Last edited by pizzaguy; 09-27-2020 at 11:01 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Bargegeek (09-28-2020)