Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

parking lights

Old 03-08-2019, 12:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default parking lights

Bought a 2007 Convertible, parking lights come on after been sitting for a bit. Runs battery down. Changed light switch and still does it. Has any one had this problem before. This car had a bad ignition switch and was changed out from a parts car my cousin has. My cousin has a auto salvage and has a couple of Crossfires for parts. It was bought from an auction, can not talk to original owner. It also has the air bag light on. Chrysler says air bag light can not be turned off because ignition switch serial number is not recognized by computer. I can live with that, but the parking light, can't--runs battery down. I have had another car in the past, a 2004 Coupe in 2013. Chrysler says a bunch of things has to be changed to make air bag light go off. It is a 6 speed with 82,000 miles. If any one had this problem, please let me know and what it took to fix. Thanks

Old 03-08-2019, 12:38 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: parking lights

If your cousin has a XF with a central locking pump module, try changing that out.
You can also get a Launch CRP123 scanner and see if that will reset your airbag light.

Old 03-08-2019, 03:12 PM

Sent the answer to him

Old 03-08-2019, 03:34 PM
Administrator
Received 885 Likes on 689 Posts

Originally Posted by crawpaw
Chrysler says air bag light can not be turned off because ignition switch serial number is not recognized by computer.
That is an asinine statement. There is no electronic serial number in the ignition switch assembly and no way the 'computer' can read any serial number in there.
The only wiring to the switch is simple, DC level.

See my sigline, obscenities starting in 3, 2, 1...........

Old 03-08-2019, 03:51 PM

Sorry, only repeating what they said.

Old 03-09-2019, 10:58 AM

I hope you are not where the tornado went thru. My son lives in Enterprise. He has a Paul Davis franchise to do disaster clean up. Not advertising for him, just saying. He is going crazy from all the damage. I hope you are not in that area.

Old 03-09-2019, 11:06 AM

I stated it incorrectly, module is where serial no. is giving the problem.. I was a dealer for many years in this area-used cars and motorcycles. I am almost 75 and have built wrecks for 50+ years before back went out. Chrysler has the worst record about air bag lights. Had a factory rep come here to turn air bag light off, after 5 weeks sitting there, he said since truck was wrecked, he would not deal with it any more. Thru another forum about Dakotas, found out the sensors on the passenger seat were shorted out in the wreck. I already knew the seat had to have weights put on seat to reprogram the computer. Ford is almost as bad, not sure about GM, don't fool with them.

Old 03-11-2019, 11:55 AM

Got another question, would a theft deterent system make parking lights come on.

Old 03-14-2019, 09:39 PM

Another problem has come up, the brake light do not come. Blinkers and running lights come on. Anyone had this problem??? I presume bulbs are good if blinkers work???

Old 03-15-2019, 08:09 AM
Received 181 Likes on 151 Posts

Yes, theft deterrent systems will blink the marker lights when activated. Did you reset the air bag light as alaxfire suggested?? Did you swap the locking pump or check for water in the rear?
Has the car any Diagnostic Trouble Codes?
Does your siren activate when you push the red button on the key fob? No, you have a bad battery for the theft deterrent system (common problem as the cars age) Most people just unplug the siren and ignore it. If it is unplugged it will not effect anything other than no siren. The rest of the system will operate okay. Not sure if a corroded board in the siren could effect it activating your parking and marker lights, but that seems to be a possibility.
Where are you located? I am not far from Enterprise.

Old 03-15-2019, 09:28 AM

could not get air bag light done. Key fob has a good battery. Have not put used a scan tool, cuz has and he is on vacation, spring break.
Did find some water yesterday in trunk, cleaned it out. Not much there, about a half of a cup in the right side. Have not messed with the locking pump.
My son lives in Enterprise, I live in Hattiesburg Ms. Finally brought car home yesterday. Will be looking into things this weekend more.
Got a problem with brake lights. Blinker light work, running lights work. No brake lights. Looking into that, will not drive car with out them.
Going to take a while to conquer all, if possible. The last one had gremlins also. This car has been out side for a long time, I put it in my garage to protect it. The car is for my lady, she loved the last one, wanted another. She drove it home yesterday.
If in this area, Aske for Claude, the auto upholstery guy. I did auto upholstery for 35 years. I did mostly every day drivers, not a lot of custom. Tried to help peoples every day drivers. Now disabled, picking up too many seat and other things. Shop closed for about 14 months. Appreciate all the help I can get. Thanks to all.

Old 03-15-2019, 02:52 PM
Received 375 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by crawpaw
could not get air bag light done. Key fob has a good battery. Have not put used a scan tool, cuz has and he is on vacation, spring break.
Did find some water yesterday in trunk, cleaned it out. Not much there, about a half of a cup in the right side. Have not messed with the locking pump.
My son lives in Enterprise, I live in Hattiesburg Ms. Finally brought car home yesterday. Will be looking into things this weekend more.
Got a problem with brake lights. Blinker light work, running lights work. No brake lights. Looking into that, will not drive car with out them.
Going to take a while to conquer all, if possible. The last one had gremlins also. This car has been out side for a long time, I put it in my garage to protect it. The car is for my lady, she loved the last one, wanted another. She drove it home yesterday.
If in this area, Aske for Claude, the auto upholstery guy. I did auto upholstery for 35 years. I did mostly every day drivers, not a lot of custom. Tried to help peoples every day drivers. Now disabled, picking up too many seat and other things. Shop closed for about 14 months. Appreciate all the help I can get. Thanks to all.

Check the brake light switch. If the third center top mounted light doesn't work, it might be that switch on the brake pedal. Good luck!

Old 03-15-2019, 04:03 PM
Received 181 Likes on 151 Posts

"Key fob has a new battery" I'm not talking about the key fob battery. The siren on the theft system has it's own battery. The siren and it's battery are located under the cowl under the windshield washer arms.

Old 03-15-2019, 05:27 PM

will look in to it tomorrow, give out for today. I am disabled, can not work all day any more, wish to hell I could.