Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Nobody wants to race me!

Old 08-28-2007, 12:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Nobody wants to race me!

Originally Posted by ws6vert
Hot thread here, love it! I've always wanted to hunt down one of those oinkers and if I am ahead, and I will be ahead at the end of the 1/8th, it'll be shut down. Nowhere to race on the streets beyond that distance or speeds reached in that distance. The SRT-8' remind of the GTO's, overweight. Already took one of them down. They are 400 hp and 3,800 lbs.
Wow, GTO now? The list keep growing for all your kills. Most GTO's on the road aren't stock. Unlike DCX, GM didn't lock these motors from being tuned. I would love to hear your definition of a "kill". You didn't kill a GTO and you can't in a 1/4 mile. Your ignorance about cars and especially the SRT-8 is really showing. Try driving one on a track and read the mags on the reviews. You have no clue of what you are talking about.

I want to hear some intelligent answers to my question.

Old 08-28-2007, 01:18 PM
Life is random...so am I.

Do the SRT8's have a top speed limiter like most Dodge's do?

I know for fact my x-fire does 163...according to state police radar!

Old 08-28-2007, 01:23 PM
Forum Regular

Wow. Are you way off base about me. Check out my stable of cars in my sig. I have no other passion, except college football. If you don't know what the 05-06 GTO's run, then you sir are a fake car enthusiast. Last time I checked it was in the 13.3 range. I'm fully knowledgeable regarding the LSX engines. I'm a GM man from way back.

Old 08-28-2007, 01:29 PM
Life is random...so am I.

Getting pretty ugly in here...

But I seem to remember the GTO's running in the middle 13's as well.

At least according to Motor Trend magazine...(admittedly not the best source)!

Old 08-28-2007, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by ws6vert
Wow. Are you way off base about me. Check out my stable of cars in my sig. I have no other passion, except college football. If you don't know what the 05-06 GTO's run, then you sir are a fake car enthusiast. Last time I checked it was in the 13.3 range. I'm fully knowledgeable regarding the LSX engines. I'm a GM man from way back.
Again, you are quoting numbers from a magazines. I know people that have them. I've raced them on the street and a drag strip. It is RARE to find a stock GTO. I do see your stable. Very impressive, I might add. That's why I'm surprised at the lack of respect for other cars and your tall tales. If you are being a wise guy, that's fine. Add some technical knowledge to my question instead of boasting about "kills" that don't exist.

Old 08-28-2007, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by apkano

Speedo goes to 180 mph. Many members have documented speeds at 177 mph.

Old 08-28-2007, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by nyc_srt8
Are they any srt6's in the nyc area...who wants to race my "gutless" srt8, anyone??? I have the perfect place were we can get them up to the governors...

Oh yeah, the fastest recorded stock srt8 time is 12.56 at 111.50
On what kind of tire?

See here is the problem with e-fighting... It is impossible to compare to cars when for 1. They both aren't at the same track at the same time 2. For the most part, Srt6 are usually bone stock or very minor mods, yet self admittedly one of the srt8's in this there said that they ate modded. I've raced srt8's, my buddy has one and the best he could muster at the track was 13.5 one day, I ran 13.3 that same day on the exact same conditions.

I've also had days where the best I coils do was 13.5's and yet until recent I had the fastest stock time of 13.06, until Needwings beat me with a 13.04 stock time.

Old 08-28-2007, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by fflores
On what kind of tire?

See here is the problem with e-fighting... It is impossible to compare to cars when for 1. They both aren't at the same track at the same time 2. For the most part, Srt6 are usually bone stock or very minor mods, yet self admittedly one of the srt8's in this there said that they ate modded. I've raced srt8's, my buddy has one and the best he could muster at the track was 13.5 one day, I ran 13.3 that same day on the exact same conditions.

I've also had days where the best I coils do was 13.5's and yet until recent I had the fastest stock time of 13.06, until Needwings beat me with a 13.04 stock time
Trust me. I'm done!

Old 08-28-2007, 04:04 PM

Yes at 171 (I visit this almost every weekend).

Old 08-28-2007, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by fflores
On what kind of tire?

I've also had days where the best I coils do was 13.5's and yet until recent I had the fastest stock time of 13.06, until Needwings beat me with a 13.04 stock time
I said stock. That means no mods.

Old 08-28-2007, 04:09 PM

All this talk and still no one steps up to race. I'm waiting!!!

Old 08-28-2007, 04:59 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First I work for chrysler jeep dodge as a sales guy we bought an srt6 there I have taking the car to track days, and various other short tracks...I have raced plenty of srt8 and have come with the same result getting there *** kicked I have never had an srt8 even come close...So I dont know where anyone is coming from telling me that its even a close call...I flat out spank them!!! This car is under rated by magazines amongst others, So please dont sit there and tell me about what you read!!! simple truth I've only been beat by 3 cars One was a porsche gt and the other was a geared and modded z8 bmw, and a 2006 bmw m5 with exhaust and intake...stock M5's dont pull, I pull them till 145, and I'm sure the new zo6 could definitely take me down if they can ever get traction...I've raced plenty of cars here on highway 1 PCH in socal...come down and let me put you srt8 to shame HOSS!

Old 08-28-2007, 05:01 PM
Forum Regular

All this talk and still no one steps up to race. I'm waiting!!!
PLEASE COME ON DOWN BIG GUY STEP UP!!! all this talk but your not walking!!! let your heavy bullnose 4 door take a real spanking...

Old 08-28-2007, 05:09 PM
Forum Regular

Are they any srt6's in the nyc area...who wants to race my "gutless" srt8, anyone??? I have the perfect place were we can get them up to the governors...

Dude seriously your so full of ****. Never in any form even with slicks would a stock srt8 run a 12.56...your on CRACK my friend!!! new m5's barely get into that region...go on you tube and type in m5 vs srt8 and see your big boat get spanked by and m5 in the quarter by about 7 cars "AND BOTH ARE IN STOCK TRIM"...your so full of BS! get a clue buddy your car is fast for what it is and thats it...it doesn't compare to many of today's high power cars...so leave it at that!!! oh and if you still feel like showing off how slow your car is compared to a srt6 then come on down...

Last edited by freakingfastsrt6; 08-28-2007 at 05:12 PM.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:16 PM
Forum Regular

Getting pretty ugly in here...

But I seem to remember the GTO's running in the middle 13's as well.

At least according to Motor Trend magazine...(admittedly not the best source!)
You are correct. Mid 13's because they have narrow tires and horrible traction problems. Especially the 6 speed cars. Very hard to launch. I drove a '05 GTO for a week when the 400 horse LS-2 came out and was not very happy with it. Never even thought about driving a 4 door porker like the SRT-8's. If I can't take a hard curve and the car want pull at least a .90, I don't want it.

Old 08-28-2007, 09:16 PM

Damn, that's some GREAT stuff you're smoking... Puff Puff Pass bro...

I've seen a stock Magnum SRT-8 turn a 12.76 on drag radials, but there is no way it would do a 12.56 STOCK. And at 111.50 MPH!?!?!?! Come on, to get that time out of that MPH he would have had to have had a 1.2 60 FT. which is PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE! Not even an AWD SRT-8 Jeep can do that. 111 MPH trap speed is roughly good for a 12.85-95 at best.

And as far as you seeing you governor on a weekly basis... You obviously hold no value on your own life or the other people on the road. Darwinism will catch up with you...

Old 08-28-2007, 09:26 PM

I have VIDEO and time slips to back it up...

I go to the track every other weekend. I've OWNED 11 Sec cars, I know what the hell I'm talking about...

Every time I go out I routinely beat GTOs, WS6, C5 Vettes and YES SRT-8s. The only SRT I have trouble with is the Jeep, do to it's AWD traction/launch capabilities. I would PAY to see an 11 Second SRT-8 Charger, Magnum or 300. A friend on mine owns the "WORLDS MOST POWERFUL" normally aspirated SRT-8 Charger. It been in 3 Magazines and on the cover of two. It's an '07 SuperBee. The owner's name is David Floyd, look it up...It puts down 11s but it also makes more than 700 HP and can't hook up even on Drags, Hardly stock. The stock tires on those cars DO NOT hook up, most people spin them to at least the 330 Ft. mark...

I'm not going to sit here and say I will beat your SRT-8, there is always a car out there that is faster, or has a better driver. All I'm saying is stop with the BS claims, that don't even make sense to someone that does this all the time. Those numbers just don't add up...

A VIPER runs, on average an 11.60-11.80. It weighs about 3,300 lbs and has 510 HP and 525 Ft. Lbs of torque. You're honestly going to sit here an say that a 420 HP 42,00 lbs Automatic Sedan is going to run less than a second slower than a VIPER?

On average it take a weight reduction of 100 lbs, to pick up 0.10 Seconds in the 1/4. Or 100 HP to pick up 1 second. Lets do some simple math here. In order for a 4,200 lbs car with 420 HP to run in the 11s, it would have to be putting out well OVER 500 HP or lose about 1,000 lbs of weight, which is impossible.

Here's an idea... Haywood, I'm glad to welcome you to the Crossfire family. I think you are a decent guy overall, just keep it polite in here. We have a good group that gets along with each other for the most part. As for "you others" Please troll back under the rock from which you came until your sense of reality returns from it's chemically augmented vacation...

Last edited by NeverEnough; 08-28-2007 at 09:36 PM.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:54 PM
Forum Regular

I'm not sure I care who wins or by how much...what I do know is I rarely see another crossfire and I have seen only one OTHER SRT-6 that was actually owned by someone (and it was RPM - great guy BTW) - and I saw 3 other SRT-6s at the Tom Ahl dealership in Lima, OH. Conversely, I see 300C taxi cabs, and Charger police cars...even if you win you have to point out that your car is (or rather isn't) a 3.5L grocery hauling soccer mom driven sedan...not that this is a bad thing when going 85 down the expressway...BUT its not a Crossfire SRT-6.

I have 2 "hemi" charger's in my fleet of Law Enforcement vehicles, granted, not SRT-8s but the really cool thing is I never get my SRT-6 confused with my "company" car...

Man I love the freedom to express opinions...

Just my $.02...no change please.

Old 08-28-2007, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by NeverEnough
I have VIDEO and time slips to back it up...

I go to the track every other weekend. I've OWNED 11 Sec cars, I know what the hell I'm talking about...

Every time I go out I routinely beat GTOs, WS6, C5 Vettes and YES SRT-8s. The only SRT I have trouble with is the Jeep, do to it's AWD traction/launch capabilities. I would PAY to see an 11 Second SRT-8 Charger, Magnum or 300. A friend on mine owns the "WORLDS MOST POWERFUL" normally aspirated SRT-8 Charger. It been in 3 Magazines and on the cover of two. It's an '07 SuperBee. The owner's name is David Floyd, look it up...It puts down 11s but it also makes more than 700 HP and can't hook up even on Drags, Hardly stock. The stock tires on those cars DO NOT hook up, most people spin them to at least the 330 Ft. mark...

I'm not going to sit here and say I will beat your SRT-8, there is always a car out there that is faster, or has a better driver. All I'm saying is stop with the BS claims, that don't even make sense to someone that does this all the time. Those numbers just don't add up...

A VIPER runs, on average an 11.60-11.80. It weighs about 3,300 lbs and has 510 HP and 525 Ft. Lbs of torque. You're honestly going to sit here an say that a 420 HP 4,200 lbs Automatic Sedan is going to run less than a second slower than a VIPER?

On average it take a weight reduction of 100 lbs, to pick up 0.10 Seconds in the 1/4. Or 100 HP to pick up 1 second. Lets do some simple math here. In order for a 4,200 lbs car with 420 HP to run in the 11s, it would have to be putting out well OVER 500 HP or lose about 1,000 lbs of weight, which is impossible.

Here's an idea... Haywood, I'm glad to welcome you to the Crossfire family. I think you are a decent guy overall, just keep it polite in here. We have a good group that gets along with each other for the most part. As for "you others" Please troll back under the rock from which you came until your sense of reality returns from it's chemically augmented vacation...
Thanks. Appreciated. I'm done with the pissing match. I just don't like when people disrespect any other car that's not yours. I personally don't like the GTO, but modded, the car is a rocket. Just wanted you guys to see this for your information. One of the fastest naturally aspirated SRT-8s in the country. Peace out.

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/per...again-top.html

Old 08-28-2007, 10:53 PM
RPM

Originally Posted by bflinn
. . . only one OTHER SRT-6 that was actually owned by someone (and it was RPM - great guy BTW).
Gracias and ditto.
Besides yours, I've only ever seen 3 other ones in person, and 1 is mine.

Hopefully this 'pissing match' is over, fun to read as it may be. If not, arrange for a SRT8/SRT6 run somewhere (off the streets I hope).

There is always going to be a faster car than what you drive. Think about it, SRT-speaking - the Viper owns all of us.

Oh, and here is the 300C SRT8 folks' commentary:
http://www.300cforums.com/forums/srt...highlight=srt6

Last edited by RPM; 08-28-2007 at 10:56 PM.

Quick Reply: Nobody wants to race me!