Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Nobody wants to race me!

Old 08-30-2007, 01:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Nobody wants to race me!

OBI on Sunday Morn. would be a nice start.

Old 08-30-2007, 01:56 PM
RPM

Originally Posted by nyc_srt8
Like I said earlier, I will not respond to your internet/paper racing anymore(how did you sucker me back into it...lol).

Still waiting...
I see the invasion has not ended. Shall the SRT6 owners invade the SRT8 forum as well? Nah .

nyc_srt8, there aren't a lot of SRT6s out there. Finding one in your neck of the woods with an owner who wants to race their car is going to be difficult.
Why don't you consult with some other SRT8 fellows and find someone in SoCal, Chicago, VA, or even Michigan () to try set something up?

Old 08-30-2007, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by RPM
I see the invasion has not ended. Shall the SRT6 owners invade the SRT8 forum as well? Nah.

nyc_srt8, there aren't a lot of SRT6s out there. Finding one in your neck of the woods with an owner who wants to race their car is going to be difficult.
Why don't you consult with some other SRT8 fellows and find someone in SoCal, Chicago, VA, or even Michigan () to try set something up?
Good Idea, but I want in on the action...lol.

Old 08-30-2007, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by SRT8KILR
OBI on Sunday Morn. would be a nice start.
Sounds good to me. Are you a srt6 owner?

Old 08-30-2007, 01:59 PM

well if you come to colorado and pull of a few spark plug wires i'll race you with my 04 lmtd. lol but afraid no srt 6 here. lol I just can't believe no body has gone and put it to the test yet ?? Win or lose, its just fun to have a great car and get to race it once in awhile. what kind of reaction times are you guys getting on average? and do you run on a .4 tree or a .5 tree back east?

Old 08-30-2007, 02:12 PM

Nope ... C6... I'm a former Maggie SRT-8 owner as well as a Ram SRT-10.

I love the whole SRT line-up and would love to see this match-up.
I was so impressed with the handling and balance of the SRT-6 at the SRTTE that I came very close to buying one. I love the straight line grunt of the SRT-8s but I too live buy the motto " Happiness isn't around the corner its in the corner". But I like to add that " if around the corner is a long straight then DAMN I'm mighty happy there also".
That and the fact that I need to shift to be truly at one with my car made the C6 the logical choice for me.
Either way you all have wonderful cars and should be very proud...
Stay safe out there...

John

P.S ... Don't mind the SRT-8 killer sig... I did that to **** of a few of my SRT-8 friends who think I'm a traitor for buying a Chevy.
I do have a Nitro and a PT Cruiser now though... Doesn't matter they are still pissed...

Last edited by SRT8KILR; 08-30-2007 at 02:15 PM.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by BCThomas
Well if you come to colorado and pull of a few spark plug wires i'll race you with my .04 lmtd. lol but afraid no srt 6 here. lol. I just can't believe no body has gone and put it to the test yet ?? Win or lose, its just fun to have a great car and get to race it once in awhile. what kind of reaction times are you guys getting on average? and do you run on a .4 tree or a .5 tree back east?
I have no clue if it's a .4 or.5 tree, shoot I don't even know the difference. The tracks I run at are sanctioned by the nhra. So whatever they use I would guess.

Old 08-30-2007, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by SRT8KILR
Nope ... C6... I'm a former Maggie SRT-8 owner as well as a Ram SRT-10.

I love the whole SRT line-up and would love to see this match-up.
I was so impressed with the handling and balance of the SRT-6 at the SRTTE that I came very close to buying one. I love the straight line grunt of the SRT-8s but I too live buy the motto " Happiness isn't around the corner its in the corner". But I like to add that " if around the corner is a long straight then DAMN I'm mighty happy there also".
That and the fact that I need to shift to be truly at one with my car made the C6 the logical choice for me.
Either way you all have wonderful cars and should be very proud...
Stay safe out there...

John

P.S ... Don't mind the SRT-8 killer sig... I did that to **** of a few of my SRT-8 friends who think I'm a traitor for buying a Chevy.
I do have a Nitro and a PT Cruiser now though... Doesn't matter they are still pissed...
Oh ok...trader...lol...

Old 08-30-2007, 02:40 PM

most "amateur" drag racing is done on a .5 tree, most pro is on a .4 tree, but i have had a few people that say they use the "other tree" so was just wondering, as it effects who might and does win in a race, simply due to reaction times. Here we race on a .5 tree, most of the time the biggest clue is the .5's run "down" the tree, red, yellow yellow, yellow, green. and of course your staging lights and dq light. most the .4 trees i have seen, light all the yellows at the same time. I manage to impress everyone with my reactions in the crossfire, but am not always the first one to the end of the strip. lol I have even gotten in the heads of people that own super expensive cars that go way faster and quicker than my crossfire, and then they always make the comment, "damn, i wasn't sure if i was going to win or not, cant believe how you get off the tree" pretty fun, but obviously doesn't compete with vipers, newer vettes, nsx's and or srt6's, not that there are any here to race with. Just enjoy my track time. PS, sorry for the off topic tangent. lol.

Last edited by BCThomas; 08-30-2007 at 02:42 PM.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RPM
I see the invasion has not ended. Shall the SRT6 owners invade the SRT8 forum as well? Nah.

Well, if you guys know any Charger or 300 SRT owners that are still stock in the Virginia area, I'm down for whenever. But they better hurry, I'm not going to be stock for much longer. I've got some mods coming down the pipeline pretty soon...

- Intercooler Heat Exchanger Alcohol Sprayer
- Water Injection
- EvoSport Intake Spacers
- Needswings Intake (when it's released to us)
- Removed Resonator
- Two of the cats removed...

I'm hoping all that will put me in the lower mid 12s.

Old 08-30-2007, 03:21 PM

Have been reading this forum for a short period of time due to the fact that my wife has been asking me to get her an SRT6 Crossfire, so I thought I'd read up on them. Looks like a pretty good car and would possibly be suited for her. I'm 6'2" 225 so Im not sure I'd fit well. On the subject above so I don't get accused of hijacking the thread. I have a 2006 300C SRT8 and live in S.C. and would love to get with an SRT6 owner to see how they compare in several categories and Silver Fox I will be in Sevierville Tennessee on 7-8 Sept. for the "Shades of the Past" hot rod show if you are in the area!

Bigsnake

Old 08-30-2007, 05:07 PM

I have lots of friends who own m5's and their is a huge difference between the one sold here and abroad. 1st the usa version cars can not launch like the europe version. If you ever take a peak at m5board you will see this written all over. I can give you screen names if you need to discuss this with them. They are terrible 1/4 cars here in the US because of this (with there given hp). From a roll is a different story.

Now about the video, let me ask you a question. Would you believe a stock m6 can run against a viper with a supercharger and keep up all the way to 196 mph? (please say no). I can show you video of this. So in other words I'm saying don't believe everything you see or hear. So now I know you're going to say well I guess I shouldn't believe the vid you posted... that's up to you. My buddies on m5 board and mbworld came down to the track one day when we had a srt8 event. The fast the m5 could muster up was 12.6 at 114. Now the fasted stock srt8 was 12.7 at 110. I can get him to vogue for this too if needed. But again, don't believe what you hear !lol. The only way this will be settled is when a srt6 runs my stock charger. End of story. So please stop internet racing. Get some of your srt6's here in ny to step up and end this whole thing. Thanks again.
There's been a couple of takers on your offer but you don't seem to want to do it. Sure they're out of state but you're the one that threw down the challenge, but you aren't willing to travel to back it up. My opinion is about the same as fflores, talk all the smack you want (on both sides) but until there is a heads up race at a track with both cars dressed the same then all it is, is idle chatter.

Old 08-30-2007, 08:42 PM
Arrow Bigsnake,

Originally Posted by bigsnake
Have been reading this forum for a short period of time due to the fact that my wife has been asking me to get her an SRT6 Crossfire, so I thought I'd read up on them. Looks like a pretty good car and would possibly be suited for her. I'm 6'2" 225 so Im not sure I'd fit well. On the subject above so I don't get accused of hijacking the thread. I have a 2006 300C SRT8 and live in S.C. and would love to get with an SRT6 owner to see how they compare in several categories and Silver Fox I will be in Sevierville Tennessee on 7-8 Sept. for the "Shades of the Past" hot rod show if you are in the area!

Bigsnake
Get her a SRT6 & you can enjoy it also, what a pleasure it is to drive, and the prices now are crazy.
Wish I could take you up on your offer, but I won't be going on the road that weekend & Sevierville is 2.5 - 3 hrs away.

My Best to you!
Bill

Old 08-30-2007, 08:53 PM

I'm 6'2" 225 so I'm not sure I'd fit well.

Bigsnake
I'm a BIG boy too. 6'1" 275 and I fit in it fine, even with a Dome Cap (Helmet)...

Leg room isn't a problem, its got plenty of that, its the head room that is tight, I have about 1 1/4" between the noggin and the headliner. Wearing a Helmet touches the headliner, but just slightly. You won't be disappointed...

Old 08-31-2007, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by Xfire fan
There's been a couple of takers on your offer but you don't seem to want to do it. Sure they're out of state but you're the one that threw down the challenge, but you aren't willing to travel to back it up. My opinion is about the same as fflores, talk all the smack you want (on both sides) but until there is a heads up race at a track with both cars dressed the same then all it is, is idle chatter.
Again read my original post. I said anyone in the "nyc area" and also in New Jersey. AGAIN the last I checked that is out of state...by the way, where are you located?

Last edited by nyc_srt8; 08-31-2007 at 12:05 AM.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:02 AM

still waiting!!!

Last edited by nyc_srt8; 08-31-2007 at 12:05 AM.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:18 AM

still waiting!!!
Find someone in VA for me to run... At least that would be a start.

Old 08-31-2007, 11:25 AM

Bigsnake
i'm 6' 3" 220 and im actually very comfortable in there. just make sure the back of the seat is upright and the bottom is all the way back and you'll have plenty of room.

Old 08-31-2007, 11:35 AM
RPM

I'm 6'2" 225 so Im not sure I'd fit well.
You may be a wee bit snug in the Coupe. I'm 6'2" 230 and I fit in the Roadster just fine. It's like a Caddy compared to a s2000.
still waiting!!!
Eh, you're still here huh? Find a stock Mid-Michigan SRT8 and we'll figure something out. Oh and mine is the roadster = heavier than the coupe.
Or find someone near Motown. NeedsWings has a SRT6 and goes to the track often (check with him if you prefer).

Old 08-31-2007, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by NeverEnough
Find someone in VA for me to run... At least that would be a start.
Haywood would run you and he is in VA.

Quick Reply: Nobody wants to race me!