Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Nobody wants to race me!

Old 08-28-2007, 11:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Re: Nobody wants to race me!

Originally Posted by RPM
Gracias and ditto.
----------------------------------------------------
Oh, and here is the 300C SRT8 folks' commentary:
http://www.300cforums.com/forums/srt...highlight=srt6
Thanks RPM for the url, it was a good read! These two threads have made me smile a lot tonight! Nite all!

Old 08-28-2007, 11:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Nobody wants to race me!

I'm not here to fight with you guys over who car is faster so I will ignore all the stabbs taken at me...talk is cheap. I'm still waiting for someone in the new york city area with a stock srt6 to step.

For you who accused me of using drugs...

http://www.challengevideos.com/2005/...05notearsb.wmv

This was at atco raceway in new jersey.

Last edited by nyc_srt8; 08-28-2007 at 11:35 PM.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by nyc_srt8
I'm not here to fight with you guys over who car is faster so I will ignore all the stabs taken at me...talk is cheap. I'm still waiting for someone in the new york city area with a stock srt6 to step.

That's pretty impressive, and I like to be proven wrong. However, that isn't what you said. You clearly stated it was a 12.56 @ 111.50. That was close, but not quite. That guy has obviously mastered the art of Launch control. What was the 60 ft. on that run? I can't say I've seen an SRT-8 actually hook that well on stock tires...

I still think that is either a factory freak or there is something that isn't being disclosed about that car... By the calculations I've come up with, for a car that heavy to run that time at that MPH it had to be putting out closer to 450 HP once you correct for drivetrain loss...

But anyway, I really don't care that much about this pissing match, all I can go on is personal experiences. And in my experience(whether it be a bad driver, a bad track, poor launch etc.) I've beaten almost every stock GTO, WS6, SS, SRT-8(except Jeep) etc. out there. The SRT-8s are great cars in their own right, I won't sit here and say otherwise. I would like to add one to my collection as a matter of fact. I just get pissed off when someone comes on here that doesn't own an SRT-6 and starts talking ****. You get what you give. I'll meet you at MIR, Englishtown, VMP, where ever. Now if you want to really get your feeling hurt, I now of a certain SRT-4 that Kills ALL, even modded vipers. And yes it is a street car... Anyone want to feel what a 9 Second 4 Cylinder car feels like??? Regardless of configuration, there is ALWAYS a car out there that is faster...

Old 08-29-2007, 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by NeverEnough
That's pretty impressive, and I like to be proven wrong. However, that isn't what you said. You clearly stated it was a 12.56 @ 111.50. That was close, but not quite. That guy has obviously mastered the art of Launch control. What was the 60 ft. on that run? I can't say I've seen an SRT-8 actually hook that well on stock tires...

I still think that is either a factory freak or there is something that isn't being disclosed about that car... By the calculations I've come up with, for a car that heavy to run that time at that MPH it had to be putting out closer to 450 HP once you correct for drivetrain loss...

But anyway, I really don't care that much about this pissing match, all I can go on is personal experiences. And in my experience(whether it be a bad driver, a bad track, poor launch etc.) I've beaten almost every stock GTO, WS6, SS, SRT-8 (except Jeep) etc. out there. The SRT-8s are great cars in their own right, I won't sit here and say otherwise. I would like to add one to my collection as a matter of fact. I just get pissed off when someone comes on here that doesn't own an SRT-6 and starts talking ****. You get what you give. I'll meet you at MIR, Englishtown, VMP, where ever. Now if you want to really get your feeling hurt, I now of a certain SRT-4 that Kills ALL, even modded vipers. And yes it is a street car... Anyone want to feel what a 9 Second 4 Cylinder car feels like??? Regardless of configuration, there is ALWAYS a car out there that is faster...
I stated that the fastest time is 12.56. Now the video I showed was the fastest stock srt8 on film.

Englishtown is good for me. Let me know what date and time works best for you.

Oh yeah, we have seen lots of srt8's at the track running high 12's stock...my guess is the srt8's are underrated and my personal best 60 is 1.91 on factory tires.

Old 08-29-2007, 03:20 AM
Forum Regular

I'm not here to fight with you guys over who car is faster so I will ignore all the stabs taken at me...talk is cheap. I'm still waiting for someone in the new york city area with a stock srt6 to step.

2 Words NITROUS BOTTLE...Seriously for the video posted that has no proof in its value to me or anybody on this forum...first show me pics of the motor and rear-end and the trunk with the same license plate on that car since you see all these cars every weekend like you said...right? anyone can produce a video of a srt8 running those numbers but nowhere does it show it in "STOCK" form hell the car isn't even owned by you??? show me your car running that time and show me the motor right before you line up at the gate show me the tires and the undercarriage and trunk and rear seat and then sow me you putting the camera in the car on a seat bracket...your word at this time means nothing and its obvious that you will not be in the running for this years Darwin award!!!

Old 08-29-2007, 03:34 AM
Forum Regular

I stated that the fastest time is 12.56. Now the video I showed was the fastest stock srt8 on film.

Englishtown is good for me. Let me know what date and time works best for you.

Oh yeah, we have seen lots of srt8's at the track running high 12's stock...my guess is the srt8's are underrated and my personal best 60 is 1.91 on factory tires.
First tell me this how in the hell are going to sit and defend yourself when 2007 bmw M5's are running mid 12's all day long and some are in the high 12's and every video I've seen on the net that compares the 2 in an all out drag the srt8 gets its *** handed to itself...My srt6 is neck and neck with the brand new '07 M5 and really if anything I'm pulling the m5 to 130 140 that's being nice cause I have raced about three of them and one was modded and yea that definitely pulled me and like I said previously the only mod I did was removing the resonator and two small cats and adding a bigger diameter pipe...and that's no joke!!! and dont forget the srt6 is detuned.

Old 08-29-2007, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by freakingfastsrt6
2 Words NITROUS BOTTLE...Seriously for the video posted that has no proof in its value to me or anybody on this forum...first show me pics of the motor and rear-end and the trunk with the same license plate on that car since you see all these cars every weekend like you said...right? anyone can produce a video of a srt8 running those numbers but nowhere does it show it in "STOCK" form hell the car isn't even owned by you??? show me your car running that time and show me the motor right before you line up at the gate show me the tires and the undercarriage and trunk and rear seat and then sow me you putting the camera in the car on a seat bracket...your word at this time means nothing and its obvious that you will not be in the running for this years Darwin award!!!
1st, I never stated either the car in the vid or who ran the 12.56 was mine. But if you want to meet him at atco raceway in nj it can be arranged. 2nd, srt8's on juice trap between 115 and 123 (75-125 shot) and this is well documented. 3rd, I never said I see these cars every weekend, but we do have track events with between 30- 80 cars showing and the stock cars are running between 12.75 and 13.1 (i've seen this with my own eyes).

You want all these photos and different angles with plates showing...geez, whatmelse you want me to show you, the track showing it's timing calibration are up to par?...lol.

Now that I said this, you can go on and on about what you believe or not. You will be speaking to deaf ears...if your post is not commenting on a drag race with me I will not respond. Have a great day...

Old 08-29-2007, 10:54 AM

Still waiting...

Last edited by nyc_srt8; 08-29-2007 at 11:00 AM.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:59 AM

I agree, there is nothing about that video that really proves anything other than that car ran that time. I could have any number of invisible tweaks done to it. "Yeah, it's completely stock man, lets run. I'll even open the hood for yah, as he pushes the remote bottle opener for the Sneaky Pete NOS under the passenger seat" This is all pointless. Talk is just that. Whether its me, you, your brother or your wife's second cousin's brother's uncle... Without seeing the car and run in person it's all meaningless and idle smack talking. I would say show me a time slip, but that doesn't matter either. Same as the video, it just shows a run and a time, but not proof of anything about the car...

I'll tell you what, since you seem so intent on proving your point...

I don't have time to drive all the way up there for something that doesn't matter all that much to me. But, pick a Friday night(other than this coming one) and come on down to either VMP or Richmond Dragway for there street wars series. Those are close enough for me to get there. I'm not gonna sit here and say that you will be "OWNED" by the greatness of the 6, but I do think it will interesting none the less. I would FULLY expect to be owned by Haywood's modded 8, but I have beaten stock ones before.

http://www.virginiamotorsportspk.com/SCHEDULE.htm
http://www.richmonddragway.com/

Haywood, why don't you try and make it down as well. We can try and make it an SRT grudge match night... No betting, just plenty of face to face friendly smack... May the best Mopar Win... I'll get a few SRT-4s and the "KillerBee" SRT-8 out there...Hell, I'll keep it interesting, how about going up against a couple of 11 Second Cummins 4x4 trucks? Or we could make this really fun and rent a track and go all day... I'll leave that up to you guys...

On another note... Why does it have to come down to this anyway... These are all great cars in their owns specific ways. I would buy an SRT-8 myself if they were in my price range. I'll be honest about it. I'm not rich, I can't afford an 8. I wish I could. Hell I've been driving Neon SRT-4s for years, and the SRT-6 just got cheap enough to upgrade. Can't we all just get along? I'll be happy to match up with anyone for a friendly run, but the smack talk is getting out of hand. Sorry to be the kill joy voice of reason, but I'm over it. If you want to run, then we'll run... I find it funny that people who own cars in the same family have to fight like Rustang and Camaro owners... Just grant the proper respect where it's due. The SRT-8 LX platform cars are great cars, what else can I say.

Last edited by NeverEnough; 08-29-2007 at 11:32 AM.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:01 PM

Ok, so I've been doing a little more in-depth research on this subject. It would appear that the 12.56 car mentioned here is the Fasted documented 300 SRT-8 out there. That's fine. I believe you. It's a fast car. BUT, lets look at the law of averages. "Most" 300 SRT-8s are running in the 13.1-13.2 range, which is on par with the SRT-6. I don't know if this particular 300 is a Wednesday Factory Freak or what, but it's def. running A LOT better than 99% of them out there. Nice 1.8 60 Ft. by the way. That must be a sticky track. I know that played in heavily on running that time. If the car legitimately runs those kinda times consistently, then that's cause for applause. If it does run in the 12.5-12.7 all the time, then I'll bow out now, as I know I don't have anything for that. But if that was a one time thing, then I'm still down.

Old 08-29-2007, 12:29 PM
Default new poster

hey, all. Just wanted to get my two cents in. For what it's worth, I'm another of those 12 second bone stocker club members, and I have a Charger SRT8 in my neighborhood who has run a 12.69! My time was on stock all season tires and the car was brand new. 60 ft. was 2.0x. If you know your drag racing a near 111 MPH trap means there's a much better ET in there with some traction!

To those who say that 425 hp won't get that time in a 4,440 lb. car (with fat driver in place), I agree! This is the most under rated N/A engine I've ever owned, and if the ambient temp is under 75 degrees it is a roaring monster. The WORST time I've ever run was 13.1x over and over learning the launch, and I can assure you there is a certain amount of expertise in getting this sled off the line.

As far as SRT6 goes, I have two SRTTE's and I have nothing but respect for the "pocket rocket". The SRT6 really impressed me with it's handling dynamics and it's killer motor. What a machine!

And lastly, don't discount the "sled" on the road course. I have bought laps all over the country and this car can really boogie on the track! I've passed some hot cars at triple digits on straights and out braked some real club racers into corners! Have you seen our brakes?

In short, I have great respect for any and all SRT vehicles. Let's get together anytime and have fun doing what these cars do best - Haul ***!!!

Old 08-29-2007, 12:53 PM

Ok, so I've been doing a little more in-depth research on this subject. It would appear that the 12.56 car mentioned here is the Fasted documented 300 SRT-8 out there. That's fine. I believe you. It's a fast car. BUT, lets look at the law of averages. "Most" 300 SRT-8s are running in the 13.1-13.2 range, which is on par with the SRT-6. I don't know if this particular 300 is a Wednesday Factory Freak or what, but it's def. running A LOT better than 99% of them out there. Nice 1.8 60 Ft. by the way. That must be a sticky track. I know that played in heavily on running that time. If the car legitimately runs those kinda times consistently, then that's cause for applause. If it does run in the 12.5-12.7 all the time, then I'll bow out now, as I know I don't have anything for that. But if that was a one time thing, then I'm still down.
My intentions was never to fight with ya bro. In my 1st post I said all I want is a race with a srt6, nothing more nothing less. I have respect for the srt6, shoot it was a ball to drive at the SRTTE.

MIR is too far for me. As I stated before "NYC AREA". The furthest south I'm going is atco. Thanks for stepping up to the plate...

For the record, that was not my car. However I have a high 12 second stock charger. I also "had" a stock high 12 sec 300 (mildly modded now).

The car in the video is the car that ran a 12.56 and the highest I seen him run was 12.7. All his runs are at atco raceway in new jersey.

Last edited by nyc_srt8; 08-29-2007 at 12:59 PM.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:59 PM

Hmmm, it would seem that the invasion has begun...

But anyway, nice to see that there are at least some SRT-8 owners that aren't arrogant, cocky ****** (It seems that the majority I encounter are). I welcome open, even tempered discussion. Welcome to the board...

Like I said in a previous post, I don't mind being proven wrong. That's how you learn, and learning is the enemy of ignorance. I'm starting to think that the track I go to is a bit "slow". I've been told that it runs about .2-.3 slower than a good track. Maybe that's why I have a lack luster best of 13.36 E.T. That may also help to explain why most of the SRT-8s I've seen out there run in the 13.3 or slower. Hell LS2 GTOs usually run in the 13.8s there and Mustangs are hard pressed to run a 14 flat. Maybe i need a change of venue...

Old 08-29-2007, 01:04 PM

My intentions was never to fight with ya bro. In my 1st post I said all I want is a race with a srt6, nothing more nothing less. I have respect for the srt6, shoot it was a ball to drive at the SRTTE.

MIR is too far for me. As I stated before "NYC AREA". The furthest south I'm going is atco. Thanks for stepping up to the plate...

For the record, that was not my car. However I have a high 12 second stock charger. I also "had" a stock high 12 sec 300 (mildly modded now).

The car in the video is the car that ran a 12.56 and the highest I seen him run was 12.7. All his runs are at atco raceway in new jersey.
I'll attempt to get a video of me running my buddies Magnum SRT. I usually nose him out by about 1/2-3/4 length...

For now, going on averages, I'm going to consider the cars to be a draw. It's too close in my opinion. Most everything i can find basically says the cars are only about .1-.2 seconds different in either direction in 0-60 and 1/4 miles times.

Old 08-29-2007, 01:45 PM

I'll attempt to get a video of me running my buddies Magnum SRT. I usually nose him out by about 1/2-3/4 length...

For now, going on averages, I'm going to consider the cars to be a draw. It's too close in my opinion. Most everything i can find basically says the cars are only about .1-.2 seconds different in either direction in 0-60 and 1/4 miles times.
Cool, magnums are the slowest of the srt8's and they run on average .2 tenths slower than 300c/charger srt8's. They are a 150 lbs heavier.

Old 08-29-2007, 01:50 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome...FINALLY!!!

Old 08-29-2007, 02:06 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome...FINALLY!!!
Trial by Fire...

You have to earn it. PUN intended!

Last edited by NeverEnough; 08-29-2007 at 03:08 PM.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:40 PM
Forum Regular

Look I like your thought and such, and would love to believe him as well but I cant see past a huge heavy car running those kinda of times...I've driven plenty of the srt8's and they stick great way they are on the track as long as the track is prepped good...any average driver can drive it good...secondly You got to remember an average driver only gets about a 12.50 out of stock vipers where I run...a good driver might dip into the low 12's but for the most part not to much...? I have run my car at the track along with about 20 others I've owned and have been racing for about 16 years...and since the intro of the srt8 at my dealership I have driven close to 3 years with the srt 8 in all forms...magnums chargers 300's modded stockers and blown and even a supercharged one...and never besides the modded ones have I ever said to myself hum? that this would pull my srt6 it just doesn't have the power and its way to heavy...srt 6 is just too much for it! I've raced countless srt8's and its just not a race in any way its 4 car lengths sometimes more when i go against them...so I dont know maybe they have freak cars but here in cali its likely...maybe high 12's like 12.96 or something every once in a while id believe, but never will you get me to believe 12.5's or 6's or 7's on any stock srt8...except for maybe the jeep.

Old 08-29-2007, 02:48 PM
Forum Regular

Still waiting...
You still haven't answered my question pertaining the e90 m5??? please evaluate, and if you look on you tube type in m5 vs srt8 and dont look at the e39 (2003) style m5 only 2006 2007 m5's and these are pro drivers not getting the srt8 into the 12's hummm...? oh and the srt8 getting spanked by 7+ lengths all day...hummm that would mean the new m5 would be running like a mid 11 second quarter all day long STOCK by your calculations, and puttin the hurts on new zo6's and lots of other supercars as well huh? A 4 door STOCK boat M5 being compared to the supercars of the world "WEIRD"...Man I need to rethink my buying my next car.

Last edited by freakingfastsrt6; 08-29-2007 at 02:50 PM.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:06 PM

I just read the thread on the 300 site... Its funny that you guys write about how ignorant the member of this forum are, yet some of the posters over in the 300 site quote that the srt6 will run mid to high 13 because it can barely break 100-101 mph trap in the 1/4. Now I do agree that this forum isn't filled with drag racers as it been one of my gripes of this group as a whole. I'm sure that 90% if the people on this site haven't dyno'd or been to any track of any type. I've only had by car for 5 months, in that time I have gone down the track at 13.06 @109 mph with just a 2.0 60', with a summer tire (anything other then the old all-seasons that I have), something like a ps2 or a azenis any I know I would break 12's. I autox'd the car shortly after. I road raced at the srt nationals (though only in 1 heat). I dyno'd that at one of my cars dyno days.

I would love to run my car where ever it is you guys run your cars to net a stock time of 12.6. I can only imagine what i could net at that track. Out here in chicago i have seen plenty of srt8's run. I personally have yet to see any of the srt8's go faster then 13.3.

Quick Reply: Nobody wants to race me!