Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

"New" & like new SRT6's are Disappearing on eBay, Autotrader & Cars.com

Old 09-05-2007, 10:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: "New" & like new SRT6's are Disappearing on eBay, Autotrader & Cars.com

The dealer is 3.5 hrs away from me now, so that tactic won't quite work in this situation.
Forgot to mention, the sales person replied to my offer saying I will not get an Srt-6 for under their price and that I need to act quickly because they will be gone by the weekend. I highly doubt that all 15 will disappear by the weekend. I think I'll just wait it out and see if he writes back, if I can't find one then I guess I'll go back to the S2k. It's not a bad car but when I can get something better for the same price I'd rather do that. Thanks for the advice everyone. Appreciate it.

Old 09-06-2007, 12:20 AM
<--- Huge Horsepower
Default Re: "New" & like new SRT6's are Disappearing on eBay, Autotrader & Cars.com

I don't mean to be rude, but if $1,500 (-6%) on a $26K 330 HP Sports Car makes or breaks the deal, especially when the car is already 45% under sticker and they are providing a 8/80 warranty, then perhaps you would be better of with a Honda Fit or Toyota Yaris.

Tires, brakes, oil changes and insurance are going to break you.

Old 09-06-2007, 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by BrianBrave
I don't mean to be rude, but if $1,500 (-6%) on a $26K 330 HP Sports Car makes or breaks the deal, especially when the car is already 45% under sticker and they are providing a 8/80 warranty, then perhaps you would be better of with a Honda Fit or Toyota Yaris.

Tires, brakes, oil changes and insurance are going to break you.
Funny you say that, I already own a Toyota Yaris plus a truck, bike and 4 wheeler. It's not about breaking me I just want the best deal possible. I'm not rich, I work hard for my money so that $1,500 could certainly be used elsewhere. I see where your coming from though. It's still a good deal as is, maybe I'm being too greedy. I'll be patient for now and see how things pan out.

Old 09-06-2007, 12:48 AM
svo
Forum Regular

If that is the Texas dealer that starts with a "B" and has quite a few - they would not budge when I called and gave them my number in California. I too was in the Car Business for 5-years and to be honest. That Texas dealer has some real brains. They bought a ton of them, immediately listed them for 4K over what they paid when everyone else was wanting to make 5K or more, the supply is running down and pretty soon the only choice buyers will have is - Do you want the car or not? None of us really complain about the price of a pizza and there is almost 400% profit in pizza.

There are some dealers out there that are getting concerned after they've had the car on their lot more than 30 days. And some of them are willing to take only a 2K profit. You really need to call around if you're from out of state and give them your number they are quicker to get to their bottom line. Some dealers will hold out for the "killing" like the one dealer 3 miles from my house that had 1 SSB Coupe with 500 miles, they told me they wouldn't take anything less than 29K if i wanted to buy it, which I didn't, but they sold it to someone for 31K.

I wasn't really in the market myself but thought i would be in the next year or two, but when else will you be able to get SOOO much car for the same price with the miles they have on them now? Other than the tax and license fees I really don't think they'll depreciate much over the next 2 years.

Old 09-06-2007, 12:51 AM

SRT6Powa,

Classy! Nice response. I couldn't agree with you more. Way to keep the forum useful and informative and not respond to personal attacks. Welcome. I am in the same boat and will be lurking for just the right deal on my Xfire SRT6 vert as well. $1,500 pays a years insurance or gas!!!

Matt

Old 09-06-2007, 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by svo
If that is the Texas dealer that starts with a "B" and has quite a few - they would not budge when I called and gave them my number in California. I too was in the Car Business for 5-years and to be honest. That Texas dealer has some real brains. They bought a ton of them, immediately listed them for 4K over what they paid when everyone else was wanting to make 5K or more, the supply is running down and pretty soon the only choice buyers will have is - Do you want the car or not? None of us really complain about the price of a pizza and there is almost 400% profit in pizza.

There are some dealers out there that are getting concerned after they've had the car on their lot more than 30 days. And some of them are willing to take only a 2K profit. You really need to call around if you're from out of state and give them your number they are quicker to get to their bottom line. Some dealers will hold out for the "killing" like the one dealer 3 miles from my house that had 1 SSB Coupe with 500 miles, they told me they wouldn't take anything less than 29K if i wanted to buy it, which I didn't, but they sold it to someone for 31K.

I wasn't really in the market myself but thought i would be in the next year or two, but when else will you be able to get SOOO much car for the same price with the miles they have on them now? Other than the tax and license fees I really don't think they'll depreciate much over the next 2 years.
That's the place. They are about 3.5 hrs from me.

Old 09-06-2007, 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by Miata 5.0
SRT6Powa,

Classy! Nice response. I couldn't agree with you more. Way to keep the forum useful and informative and not respond to personal attacks. Welcome. I am in the same boat and will be lurking for just the right deal on my Xfire SRT6 vert as well. $1,500 pays a years insurance or gas!!!

Matt
Right on, not trying to step on anyone's toes, merely looking for info. Good luck with your search.

Old 09-06-2007, 10:28 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just put a deal together the other day on our last "NEW/USED" coupe. It went for $25,634, had maybe 60-70 miles on it, CERTIFIED, and we are shipping it to New York at no charge. (About $300 real money) I just spoke to my used car buyer and asked him about the "no mile" SRT-6 cars. He said the Convertibles are gone, but there have been a few (less than 10) coupes that have shown up over the last 4-6 weeks. They have also went up in price, which is why we haven't bought any more. He told me to focus on the low mile '06 lease turn in cars.
The party is over, and the lights are about to go out on the SRT-6 cars. If you want one, buy one. Doesn't have to be from me, but you're taking a chance to miss out. If you don't care about having almost a full warranty, just buy one w/ less than 10,000 miles on it. There are still lease turn in cars that are selling in the low 20's.
(Also someone on an earlier post said that the car had a 7/70 powertrain warranty, They don't. No SRT vehicle was eligible for that. It would have to be certified through a 5-star dealer, and would then have an 8/80, or its just a 3/36.

Old 09-06-2007, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by todk64
Just put a deal together the other day on our last "NEW/USED" coupe. It went for $25,634, had maybe 60-70 miles on it, CERTIFIED, and we are shipping it to New York at no charge. (About $300 real money) I just spoke to my used car buyer and asked him about the "no mile" SRT-6 cars. He said the Convertibles are gone, but there have been a few (less than 10) coupes that have shown up over the last 4-6 weeks. They have also went up in price, which is why we haven't bought any more. He told me to focus on the low mile '06 lease turn in cars.
The party is over, and the lights are about to go out on the SRT-6 cars. If you want one, buy one. Doesn't have to be from me, but you're taking a chance to miss out. If you don't care about having almost a full warranty, just buy one w/ less than 10,000 miles on it. There are still lease turn in cars that are selling in the low 20's.
(Also someone on an earlier post said that the car had a 7/70 powertrain warranty, They don't. No SRT vehicle was eligible for that. It would have to be certified through a 5-star dealer, and would then have an 8/80, or its just a 3/36.
Tod,
Excellent words of Advice! Buy a "New" SRT6 "NOW or Forever Hold your Peace"! My Best! Bill (SF)

Old 09-06-2007, 10:43 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by todk64
I bought my NEW SRT 6 a year ago next month, the dealership was having a big weekend sale and their asking price was $29,995 down from $34,495. I ended up giving $26,500 for the car, that was a hell of a deal a year ago.

Old 09-06-2007, 11:33 AM
<--- Huge Horsepower

Originally Posted by SRTpowa
Right on, not trying to step on anyone's toes, merely looking for info. Good luck with your search.
SRTpowa,

Please don't take it as an attack, I did not intend to be rude.

I purchased my "New/Used" SRT-6 coupe for $25,600 without the certified warranty. I too tried hard for a lower price but the dealer was anchored.

By looking at your username you must want an SRT-6 and hope you get one.

At $25,999 with the 8/80 powertrain warranty - that's a smokin' deal you won't get from a private party who as already put 12K - 25K of foot stompin' miles on the car.

The dealers are anchored on their prices so don't let $1,500 stand in the way between you and a great sports car.

Old 09-06-2007, 11:59 AM

I agree that $26K is a great price for the car, you might as well buy it now while there are a few left.

I bought from the "B" dealer you are talking about in Texas July of 2006 (A new SRT-6 coupe). At that time they were asking $29,999 and the best I got them down to was $29K even. At the time it was the best I could do in a large radius of where I live so I took the car.

Prices subsequently went down over a year by about five grand (I don't worry about it as I got to enjoy the car for a year) but they seem to be heading back up.

Case in point. A month ago that "B" dealer was listing New/Used SRT coupes for $25,999 - they have now raised their advertised price on SRT-6 coupes to $29,999! If they are still willing to honor $26K I would take it. I doubt if you call them "fresh" asking about these cars they will even go that low now, they usually don't come down much off of their advertised specials.

Old 09-06-2007, 05:36 PM

Well, I will be making the 3.5 hr trek to the dealer at noon tomorrow. Guess I'm not as patient as I thought. Hope all goes well and I can find the right one for me.

Old 09-07-2007, 09:28 PM

Well, I will be making the 3.5 hr trek to the dealer at noon tomorrow(Friday). Guess I'm not as patient as I thought. Hope all goes well and I can find the right one for me.
Well, it's Friday night now, which one did you get? Inquiring Minds want to Know!

SF

Old 09-08-2007, 11:21 AM

Got it! I didn't get in till around midnight and the car is covered in bugs. I should have borrowed my friends trailer and pulled her home but I was on a time crunch. Yesterday afternoon was the only time off I would have to make the trip for a while. Anyway that place is in the middle of nowhere! The car I was originally looking at online had a big gouge on the door, but after inspecting the other three silver models I found one that looked to be in good shape. The only thing that bothers me is the headlights look either scuffed up or have condensation in them and by the door handle there are some light surface scratches. I'm sure after I wash her up today I may find more minor imperfections, especially after that 4 hr drive. Overall I am very pleased with the car in the short 4 hours I have had behind the wheel. It definitely goes when you hit the throttle, nice interior, good stereo and actual usable trunk space compared to the S2k. Funny thing is I pulled into a Sonic for a quick bite to eat on my way back and this girl was all googly eyed and asking me what kind of car it was and she had never seen or heard of it, bla bla bla. Things could have got interesting but I already have a great girl and wasn't about to throw it away on most likely jailbait. LOL.
Details:
Had around 20 miles on it. They were firm on the price and I ended up trading in one of my vehicles that was only about 2 mo old. I haggled with them for about 2 hrs and finally got them within $300 of what I wanted for the trade. Their price was $25,999 Total out the door came to $31,500 after louisiana 9% tax. TTL and my trade balance. Without my trade and no money down I could have been out the door for under 30, but with the trade I had to put some down to make it happen. I will post pics once I get her cleaned up and the sun comes out.
Got some questions...
They said they don't do certification but the car still has 2.5 yrs left on the original warranty. So can I get it certified here after the fact or just go with a Maxicare plan later?
My car has Continental tires, I noticed some others had Michelins?
Do you think I should change the oil right away since they probably never did?

Old 09-08-2007, 11:44 AM
Thumbs up Re: "New" & like new SRT6's are Disappearing on eBay, Autotrader & Cars.com

Congrats On Doing it! Sounds like you got another good deal on a Diminishing Group of SRT6s!
Wash her up, get her pretty & show her off to all of us. We can't wait to see her in her Sunday Best!
BTW, stay away from the "Jail Bait", it will get you in Real Trouble!

SF

Old 09-08-2007, 11:49 AM

Congrats. As for the headlights, it's a common Xfire problem. There is a service bulletin out for the condensation problem. They also have a problem fogging from sitting in the sun for extended periods. You can try do fix that yourself with PlastiX or just have a dealer fix it under warranty. Yes, the lights are a warranty item. Mine had condensation also, so I took a copy of the TSB that I printed from this website because many Chrylser dealers don't have a clue. Took about 4 days for them to order the parts. Mine had minor scratches as well, but after hours and hours of buffing using NuPolish scratch repair and Zymol wax, I got them out. Silver hides a lot, but I always seem to find something if I look hard enough. I've fixed just about everything though.

Old 09-08-2007, 01:17 PM
<--- Huge Horsepower

Great deal!! - The longer you keep the car, the more your fixed expenses will flatten out. You won't be sorry, these are bit*hin' cars.

My SRT had the same issues, Chrysler is replacing the headlights and a tire under warranty. To bad it did not have the Michelins, I much prefer them over the Contis on my Limited. I changed the oil / filter (fleece) and air filters just for GP.

Clean her up, start planning your mods & ENJOY!

Old 09-08-2007, 01:55 PM
Question Re: "New" & like new SRT6's are Disappearing on eBay, Autotrader & Cars.com

Got it!
Got some questions...
They said they don't do certification but the car still has 2.5 yrs left on the original warranty. So can I get it certified here after the fact or just go with a Maxicare plan later?
My car has Continental tires, I noticed some others had Michelins?
Do you think I should change the oil right away since they probably never did?
1) Just get a Maxicare plan later on the Web, that's what I'll do 2 years from now.
2) I love my Conti ASPs, they were a $185 Upgrade on the Sticker & if I want to go out in the Snow here (if it snows this winter), I can. There are No issues with the Conti's, they hug the Road on the Curves & on the Fast Take-offs, I had them on my Limited also.
3) Some say yes & some say no? Read a few of the threads on initial oil changes, some suggest that the Oil put in, in the Factory is Special & should be left for the first 5 or 6,000 miles, even if it's been sitting for a couple of years.

My Best to you with your "New" Crossfire!

SF

Last edited by SilverFox; 09-08-2007 at 01:57 PM.
Old 09-08-2007, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by BrianBrave
Great deal!! - The longer you keep the car, the more your fixed expenses will flatten out. You won't be sorry, these are bit*hin' cars.

My SRT had the same issues, Chrysler is replacing the headlights and a tire under warranty. To bad it did not have the Michelins, I much prefer them over the Contis on my Limited. I changed the oil / filter (fleece) and air filters just for GP.

Clean her up, start planning your mods & ENJOY!
How are you getting them to replace a tire? I have the stock Conti's on my car as well and one tire is bubbled in two spots. Is that enough to warrant a claim?

Quick Reply: "New" & like new SRT6's are Disappearing on eBay, Autotrader & Cars.com