Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

How to build a fast Crossfire

Old 11-26-2007, 08:52 PM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: How to build a fast Crossfire

I posted this in another thread, but I feel it bears repeating here as well.

Heck, I may even post it as it's own thread as a honey pot for the whiners. One type of post that they never seem to get tired of reading is anything that is complaining about too many duplicating posts.

Speaking of being sick and tired, I am sick and tired of people posting over and over again that:
  • We should search before posting.
  • There is no value in reposting something that was talked about last week.
  • There is no value in reposting something that was talked about last month.
  • There is no value in reposting something that was talked about last year.
  • That new members are only allowed to post only after having searched old posts.
  • That new threads are only valuable if someone has read all the wisdom of long time members and then has something to add.
  • That the time at which you joined and/or de-lurked in a forum have anything whatsover to do with the quality of your posts.
  • That the time at which you joined and/or de-lurked in a forum have anything whatsover to do with the quality of your personality.
  • That the time at which you joined and/or de-lurked in a forum have anything whatsover to do with the quality of your person.
Honestly, you see the same whiny things on communities all over the web:
  • We were here first.
  • We already talked about this.
  • We joined sooner so we know better.
  • Crotchety old-timers who act as though they have the right, no, the dutyto try to beat enthusiasm out of new members.
Get over your self-important selves. Shut up, and get out of the way of those of us trying to enjoy the time we spend on this forum. This is a forum, not a FAQ. It is a community, not a library.

I'm not taking your ridiculously egotistical comments personally, I'm just sick of hearing this rehashed crap over and over and over and over from yet another group of self-appointed (this time cyber) wet blankets. You are your type are not unique to this board. Heck, you and your type are present not just in the cyber world, but in groups the real world too.

You all have either forgotten or never bothered to learn some important life lessons.

There is value in conversation, even if it has been discussed before.

Developing the skills, knowledge and enjoyment of others is one of lifes great joys.

There is value in camaraderie, especially for new members.

New members are just that, new, and they are needed to replace members not only who have wandered away, but those who have been chased away by the posse of pre-posted post police.

It is one sign of a coming death knell for a group, club, or online community when the nattering nabobs of negativity get their scaly grips on what is publicly perceived to be acceptable behavior, shouting down anyone who dare stand up to them.

To them I say only this, "Go try peddling your stifling overbearing words someplace else. We're not buying them here."

So that's it, my manifesto on wet blankets. Certainly it violates rule #21 of being a smooth operator, but I'm willing to risk it this one time

FWIW - I myself am a bit of an old-timer on the "web," at least for someone of my age. I've been on BB's since 1986, had an "internet" email address since 1987, been on usenet since 1988, first "surfed the web" in 1994, made my first buy on ebay in 1996, and joined Yahoo in '97.

Last edited by Display_Name; 02-20-2008 at 08:25 AM.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:29 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 477 Likes on 333 Posts

yadda yadda yadda...

Old 11-26-2007, 11:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HDDP doesn't even have an SRT-6 even though he's thought of here to be the expert on Crossfires. Until now the SRT's weren't the majority and weren't cheap enough to risk blowing it up and test.

jonny-be-banned lol I like that but it wont happen. Anyway by you being ignorant actually helped my case of newbies not searching and putting in the time reading. HDDP is for the most part the only one on here who has ripped apart an SRT and is putting it in his car. Him and woody know more about this engine then you can imagine. IF you have a question AND YOU SEARCHED he will still answer it. Also who else takes the time to provide pictures with measurements, Whatever you need he will be in the shop and pull the part off just to take a picture to show you where it is and what it does. HE has been the only one really for the last 3 years calling out half the companies that come on here with promises that people HAVE gotten riped off on. SO since you have been here what 2 months and learned nothing my last 3 post only makes you look bad not me. AS FOR blowing your engine if you would have read and searched again the supercharger is only blowing half of what it is capable of every pulley since LE has been way under boosting what this engine is very capable of handling lol i'm done its too funny.

As for Mr. Rambles sounds like you need a friend...

Last edited by jonnyangel04; 11-27-2007 at 12:09 AM.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:15 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Searching is a good thing. But god help anyone who latter searches for informatin on "fast Crossfire" and ends up reading all this crap.

This thread started out pretty good. All you need to know to get your SRT into the low 12's.

A moderator should edit this thread of all the BS and make it a sticky in the SRT section.

Old 11-27-2007, 11:02 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Something else to keep in mind with all the new members is that they might not now how to search, or WHAT to search for. Not everyone is a computer guru like some of the members on here. While I believe that everyone would like to see the active membership increase, being so harsh on the newest members is not the way to go about it. If they are asking about a subject that has been talked about over and over, then it shouldn't be very hard to find them a link to the best thread dealing with the question or concern they have, now should it? Just take the moment, find the link, post the reference and maybe any other info you can to help them. If that's to much effort to help out someone new, then don't say anything, and go to another thread that you have more interest in.

Old 11-27-2007, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by The Toy
Something else to keep in mind with all the new members is that they might not now how to search, or WHAT to search for. Not everyone is a computer guru like some of the members on here. While I believe that everyone would like to see the active membership increase, being so harsh on the newest members is not the way to go about it. If they are asking about a subject that has been talked about over and over, then it shouldn't be very hard to find them a link to the best thread dealing with the question or concern they have, now should it? Just take the moment, find the link, post the reference and maybe any other info you can to help them. If that's to much effort to help out someone new, then don't say anything, and go to another thread that you have more interest in.
Agreed, the last thing we should be doing is being rude and running off new members. What is really boring is talking to the same small handful of members.

Old 11-27-2007, 12:03 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LantanaTX
Agreed, the last thing we should be doing is being rude and running off new members. What is really boring is talking to the same small handful of members.
it's not boring talking with the same people it's really boring reading the same questions posted. but this sites success is really based on what the aftermarket parts companies are supplying us. If any of the mederators had a brain in thier heads they would be offering free advertisment on here to all the speed companies like Green filter, K&N, brake pads, etc, etc..., while the suppliers can give us 10-20% off. This stuff is not rocket science and it's not gonna happen by itself. We have to entise the aftermarket. Right now we're consisdered the biggest pains in the a.s.s to make parts for but that's only because we're mature enough to see through thier bullsh1t.

Last edited by Maxwell; 11-27-2007 at 12:06 PM.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Maxwell
it's not boring talking with the same people it's really boring reading the same questions posted. but this sites success is really based on what the aftermarket parts companies are supplying us. If any of the mederators had a brain in thier heads they would be offering free advertisment on here to all the speed companies like Green filter, K&N, brake pads, etc, etc..., while the suppliers can give us 10-20% off. This stuff is not rocket science and it's not gonna happen by itself. We have to entise the aftermarket. Right now we're consisdered the biggest pains in the a.s.s to make parts for but that's only because we're mature enough to see through thier bullsh1t.
Ok, you're right, you are not boring, but it is nice to see new people on here. If you see a post that annoys you from a newbie just move on and don't comment. Someone complained about the "is rebading legal?", that was one of the best laughs I have gotten on here. It helps to have a sense of humor. If this site isn't growing, it is dying.

Last edited by LantanaTX; 11-27-2007 at 04:49 PM.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Maxwell
I agree I am not going to dog on the Moderators but it would nice to have some sponsors. LET would probably be a sponsor same with EVO and NEEDSWINGS sponsors can always be there for R&D as well as questions that have been answered before. The site is not dying there are tons of laughs that being one of the best I also agree.

Old 11-27-2007, 07:54 PM
She can ride with me ;)

You know, it's funny. Everyone says to search, and that there's nothing new, and that this is jsut a rehash of the same old info posted in a ton of old threads, blah blah blah blah blah!

I call BS on all of that. What most of you nay-sayers are missing here is that Chi-Town brought it all together in ONE place:

What he did.
How he did it - including parts list AND prices.
AND good solid evidence of what his work acheived.

I've done A LOT of searching and reading, and universally what I've found is that you have cross-reference a hundred threads just to piece together enough info to figure it one thing out. A LOT of posts are very poorly written. People don't think about the whole POINT of posting is to share information. That information is useless if you can't present it clearly, concisely, and unified. That's what Chi-Town did in the first post of this thread - and THAT'S why I called him my hero. It's not that he modded his SRT6. Anyone with time and money can do that. It's that he took the time to put it all together in ONE thread, with all the info someone needs if they want to follow in his footsteps.

Someone above said something about not being a computer guru and not being able to find info they were looking for in this forum. Well, I AM a computer guru and I CANNOT find information I want in this forum. You have to KNOW what to search for before you even start searching or you'll end up sifting through hundreds of threads that have nothing to do with - or very little to do with - what you're searching for. And that's not just THIS forum. It is common to most forums.

To all those people who jump on others and say "search, search, search," and "I'm tired of reading the same old stuff" I say take the bull by the horns! If you know so damn much about everything, then make a stinking FAQ post, and ask it to be stickied. If you're tired of people asking about Rotex Golds, make a Brake Pad FAQ or even a Rotex Gold FAQ. What this forum needs is for people that ARE in the know to put together simple straight forward easy to find posts that answer those repeated-oh-so-many-times questions. If you're not willing to do that, then stop complaining that people ask the same questions all of the time. Put up or shut up!

OK, that's my rant. And I really hope a moderator clears all the crap out of this thread (including this post) and stickies it!!

Old 12-01-2007, 06:02 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Subscribing for updates. Good thread, even with the occasional cruft input. Too bad there's no member "voting" to place stickies on the board. Over time, users could "vote" and then a moderator could just see which threads have the most "votes". Only one vote allowed per member to not skew the results. Would seem to make the good threads "bubble" to the top... like the "Sometimes sluggish acceleration" thread that tells everyone it's the 2ndary intercooler for the supercharger that causes on overheat condition, so they can tell the Chrysler techs at vehicle drop off.

Old 01-07-2008, 03:37 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Hey johnnyangel04. This is a period (.). Use it once it a while. It allows you to take a breath between sentences when you are ranting.

Old 01-07-2008, 03:57 PM

I believe it's now "How to sell a fast Crossfire"

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ad.php?t=20668

Last edited by Valk; 02-10-2008 at 09:15 AM.
Old 01-07-2008, 05:28 PM
She can ride with me ;)

Aw, that was a cheap shot Gary!

Old 01-07-2008, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by tom2112
Aw, that was a cheap shot Gary!
I have met Chi-town....he's a nice guy. I am just razzin him here.
A new baby will be replacing his old baby. It's all good.

Old 01-07-2008, 06:28 PM
She can ride with me ;)

Cool. No harm, no foul.

Old 01-07-2008, 08:07 PM

WOW, this thread has become really FUN to watch... I'm happy you are all having nice healthy discussions

Old 01-07-2008, 08:53 PM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I actually drove a slightly used Benz E500 4matic today. Very Very nice! Just nowhere near as fast

Old 01-08-2008, 10:33 AM
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Chi-Town have you been having much luck looking for a replacement car? I hope you didn't go with SRT-10, cool car but the gas is just way too bad.

Old 01-08-2008, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Goldwing
Hey johnnyangel04. This is a period (.). Use it once it a while. It allows you to take a breath between sentences when you are ranting.
lol Its. good. to. see. this. old. thread. lol It is great we are all getting along. Chi go for the SRT-10 they are monsters and the superchargers are not all that expensive http://www.illinoisdynocenter.net/DodgeRamSRT-10.html OUCH OUCH OUCH. I cant think of anything sweeter though then chirping third in a truck when you are all by yourself, and driving it like the family grocery getter when you have the new baby in the back. I wish we had the same power to weight ratio and a back seat.

Last edited by jonnyangel04; 01-08-2008 at 08:39 PM.

Quick Reply: How to build a fast Crossfire