Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Disaster at the Miami drags

Old 10-30-2008, 07:04 AM
Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts
Default Re: Disaster at the Miami drags

Disaster - Kinda of a strong word for an accident.
Thought that someone got severely injured or killed!
Don't scare us like that!
Oh I get it, Halloween, right?

Old 10-30-2008, 07:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by distantpulse
I can see why the time was poor because of the 60ft being bad, but I can't understand the mph's being that low. Depending on how bad you spun, your mph's should increase as well.
I agree as does Jim that our times should be much better as well as our 60 ft times. My best 60ft time is 1.91 and time (1/8) was 8.35. Jim has been at 1.82 60 ft. My ECU was tuned at one time, but I am guessing that the dealer had put it back to factory settings or the original tune by LET did not take into consideration the pulley and CAI. Jim's SRT that was tuned is faster then mine and he has a different supercharger pulley, but has not put on the 181 pulley yet and his ECU was tuned.

Old 10-30-2008, 07:23 AM

I have a hard time believing that you guys are spinning in 3rd! I cant get mine to spin when im in 3rd on the street let alone the track! Maybe there was some oil on the track or something. It wouldn't surprise me.

Old 10-30-2008, 07:28 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The damage could have been worse, I hope you get it fixed up soon!

Old 10-30-2008, 07:44 AM

I have a hard time believing that you guys are spinning in 3rd! I cant get mine to spin when im in 3rd on the street let alone the track! Maybe there was some oil on the track or something. It wouldn't surprise me.
I don't think anyone said here that we were spinning in 3rd. I know I'm not. Most of the spinning is at the line. This is due to the poor track conditions.

Old 10-30-2008, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by RMADERMAN
I don't think anyone said here that we were spinning in 3rd. I know I'm not. Most of the spinning is at the line. This is due to the poor track conditions.
Jim posted this......

"cruzinquick After adding the pulley I've only raced one time without my drag radials. I actually have it on video tape almost hitting the wall. That was the car spinning mid track when shifting into 3rd. Never have ran with stocks again.
and that goes X2 for me"

Old 10-30-2008, 07:53 AM

Jim posted this......

"cruzinquick After adding the pulley I've only raced one time without my drag radials. I actually have it on video tape almost hitting the wall. That was the car spinning mid track when shifting into 3rd. Never have ran with stocks again.
and that goes X2 for me"
I think he was refering to when he was racing his PT Cruisers. Jim does not have drag radials to the best of my knowledge on his SRT. And that was most likely at Morosa, a 1/4 mile track in Palm Bch.

Old 10-30-2008, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by RMADERMAN
I think he was refering to when he was racing his PT Cruisers. Jim does not have drag radials to the best of my knowledge on his SRT. And that was most likely at Morosa, a 1/4 mile track in Palm Bch.
That would make more sense.

Old 10-30-2008, 08:29 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about the 6 gettin dinged ! I suppose he was runnin street tires instead of drag radials !

Old 10-30-2008, 08:30 AM

double post.........please delete

Old 10-30-2008, 08:30 AM

Heck that is nothing, I shredded the tires completely off my rims the last time i was at the track and had to be towed to the tire store to get new ones. Now that was an expensive trip to the track!

Old 10-30-2008, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by mrphotoman
Heck that is nothing, I shredded the tires completely off my rims the last time i was at the track and had to be towed to the tire store to get new ones. Now that was an expensive trip to the track!
Ahhhhh, you are too much man!

Old 10-30-2008, 09:09 AM
Received 214 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by cruzinquick
Ouch, sorry to hear about that. After adding the pulley I've only raced one time without my drag radials. I actually have it on video tape almost hitting the wall. That was the car spinning mid track when shifting into 3rd. Never have ran with stocks again. Some tracks are just prepped great, and then some that are just dangerous. If you must run with stocks, do a dry burnout after driving around the water.
I was tring to do a sentence quote here is the intire qoute ,,i said X2 for me ,, no more street tires on the strip unless i use TC jim

Old 10-30-2008, 09:10 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chaulk up the times to poor track conditions, prep, surface all the above. Distant is blessed with a great track. He can run non-dr's and still put 1.7 60' foot. Any track that has an event from the NHRA National schedule usually has a great track. Also factor in you DA. Humidity could be your worst enemy. That's why I say to ask at the tower or announcer booth to check what the current DA is. You could of been running in horrible DA, and that could have factored to both.

Old 10-30-2008, 10:12 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cassidyrj1
I was at the track that night and im thinking the reason that we got slow times is because we couldn't get any traction. It was my first time and i was taking it easy and i still spun off the line with traction on.
I hate to say it, but that track sucks.

Old 10-30-2008, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by cruzinquick
Chaulk up the times to poor track conditions, prep, surface all the above. Distant is blessed with a great track. He can run non-dr's and still put 1.7 60' foot. Any track that has an event from the NHRA National schedule usually has a great track. Also factor in you DA. Humidity could be your worst enemy. That's why I say to ask at the tower or announcer booth to check what the current DA is. You could of been running in horrible DA, and that could have factored to both.
No doubt, but I have run 3 tracks (Atco, MIR, Cecil) and have not spun at any of them......They are all good tracks though so I can't compare. County Line seems a little rinky dink IMO. I wouldn't race there.

Old 10-30-2008, 11:13 AM

Hey guys,

I really appreciated the opportunity to race with you last night. It was a great time and you're a great group of folks. Hopefully we'll do it at Moroso next time. Jim, most sorry about your car, hope you get it fixed soon.

Tom

Old 10-30-2008, 11:56 AM

wreckwriter? Do you work for an insurance agency?

Also, when Jim reports that accident you better not tell your insurance it happened at the racetrack or bye bye insurance!

Old 10-30-2008, 12:15 PM

Go to their website and look at the video about half way through. There are two rustangs running eachother. I guess they pride themselves on how slick the track is?!

http://www.countylinedragwayinc.com/

Old 10-30-2008, 12:16 PM
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Yeah Jim, you can look into that Grey one now while the repairs are underway, Glad its just sheet metal.

When I was talking to Jim about post cooling he told me some of his long past. It can be tricky out there and without the traction control you have a real tendancy to torque steer these short wheel base cars. I find that the Left rear tends to carry the majority of torque load.

I pulled the fuses to eliminate the controls for traction to test my LSD and if you are going into racing a bunch I recommend the Phantom grip. It will not assist you if you overpower the tires and have both spinning. On my first 1/4 mile try I did just that, and as soon as you break the stiction ( dynamic friction) you are rolling on marbles.

Here is my pattern using 235 Hoosiers on the rear going up hill without warm-up. I am now mounting my Kumo 275's on 17" rims for testing before the return to MIR.

Woody

Quick Reply: Disaster at the Miami drags