Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

What Else Do You Want?

Old 02-04-2009, 11:20 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What Else Do You Want?

<--- wants a bigger twin screw runing around 25psi, or twin turbo set up thats still streetable and able to run 10-to low 11's. personally after enjoying this twin screw i dont want to go back to turbo.

Last edited by ProjectMayhem; 02-04-2009 at 11:23 PM.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by MD SRT6
Damn, just because I don't post for a while, I get dropped just like that,LOL........I still lurk. I think I had a stack of owe maybe 250 slips last year!
Oh my bad Jeff! :P You are definately not forgotton man!

Old 02-05-2009, 09:19 AM

Actually my name is jesse, and stop posting, this thread is for asking the crossfire owners, the ones that are interested in having parts made for there vehicles that are not avalible yet. You are sending this thread into the wrong direction, go argue with someone else.

Originally Posted by cruzinquick
Street Racing - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0SVT...eature=related

That's your business, but when you ask for $600 from each person for a product comes responsibilities. As a new company seeking business on this forum with no references from the crossfire community (jfire no offense just joined in Aug. 08), your business becomes your clients business. If your in jail it would be difficult to deliver product, hypothectically of course.

I'm not here to measure the size of your ****. I'm not picking on your company either.

On how fast you can go; 5 seconds then I say yes your on par with the big boys. 8 seconds and slower your just another driver like the rest of us whether its you driving or your wife.

I did the same to LET, TVT, NW and Code3 when they first came with product. I ask for proof of results i.e. video, timeslips, etc.. dyno's are nice but with video of the pull.

Don't sell until the r&d has been thoroughly exhausted. Possibly 6 mos of wear and tear, 100 1/4 mile passes, baseline and guaranteed results. That's not asking too much for a product that requires the transmission to be removed.

My nod to NW is because he tested his products thoroughly before releasing them publicly. Some a little too late, but none never early. He has one of the best reps here and a partnership would have opened your door easier because he has earned the respect of the forum...

You started on the wrong foot. This was your introduction
"Again I own a performance/fabrication shop and have a customer with an 05 srt and has fallen a little short on finding an aftermarket parts supplier for the crossfire. I am posting a question/pole to you the owner, on what aftermarket performance parts you would like to see developed. Both in terms of increasing your power as well as traction/handling upgrades. I believe in reasonably priced, quality components everyone can enjoy, not just the above average wealthy people, which seems to dominate this market with very high priced stall converters, cold air intakes, coil over kits, etc."

Now I'm paraphrasing for you here. This is how it should of been done.

Hello my name is Thomas Calvert. I am the proud owner of Illinois Dyno Center since 2001. I specialize in auto, motorcycle, and diesel repair and performance. I do not have any complaints with the Better Business Bureau and run a very responsible and reputable business. A client brought to my attention a niche market for the SRT6. As an avid performance junkie willing to help all those who want to go faster, I decided to share my vast knowledge and help find those undeveloped parts. If anyone is near Port Byron please feel free to stop by. My address is 1010 N. High St. Port Byron, IL 61275 or call me 309-523-9200. Feel free to share your wish list and I'll see if I can make them come true.

Now that would have been a better 1st post.

On to talking smack about pulling hard like a 10 second car. Since a street racer doesn't have timeslips I'll give you an example of mine. Compare the mph gain from the 1000' to the 1320' and see the gain. I'm not talking the actual mph, the mph gained during that portion of the track. It is on par with a 10 second car. I'll give you truth again from a timeslip. My car (12.138 pass) at the 1000' mark = 89.517mph at the 1320' mark = 114.156 = 24.639 mph gain. Other car (10.875 pass) at the 1000' mark = 99.836 at the 1320' = 124.039 = 24.203 mph gain. Yes a modded SRT6 pulls the equivalent on the top end of a 10 sec car.

So how is this talking smack? I'm talking facts. Anything else?

Thanks Brian and Blue.

Old 02-05-2009, 10:26 AM
Forum Regular

[quote=Trbokmro]Again I own a performance/fabrication shop and have a customer with an 05 srt and has fallen a little short on finding an aftermarket parts supplier for the crossfire. [quote]

I have yet to find someone to make a tower/strut bar for the front. This would be a great addition with simple bolt on benefit.

Old 02-05-2009, 11:12 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Trbokmro
Actually my name is jesse, and stop posting, this thread is for asking the crossfire owners, the ones that are interested in having parts made for there vehicles that are not avalible yet. You are sending this thread into the wrong direction, go argue with someone else.
Hello Jesse,

You have your chance to increase your credibility to the forum. You posted you have 3 websites and Illinois Dyno Center was one of them. Is this not your shop? Like Brian suggested go buy an SRT6 play with it for a while, get some MDSRT6 like numbers and instant credibility will come. All current vendors have a crossfire or MB with similiar motor. I have posted facts with real numbers. So far you have posted nothing but immature responses. You know so little about the SRT6 that you laughed when I said it pulled like a 10 second car. I proved it with a timeslip. This is our forum and I will post as often as I want, you are still a visitor. All I was asking was for you to increase your credibility with reliability, and proven numbers for your first product publicly introduced here (your stall upgrade).

I did respond with what I would like made available for our cars. I hope your the one who delivers and becomes another valuable source. Also I recommend the SSB because it is the fastest color available. Please don't insult us again by saying our 12 second cars are for wives. Your practically speaking to the entire SRT6 forum with that one. We all love our 12 second cars and wouldn't trade them.

Old 02-05-2009, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by cruzinquick
Hello Jesse,

You have your chance to increase your credibility to the forum. You posted you have 3 websites and Illinois Dyno Center was one of them. Is this not your shop? Like Brian suggested go buy an SRT6 play with it for a while, get some MDSRT6 like numbers and instant credibility will come. All current vendors have a crossfire or MB with similiar motor. I have posted facts with real numbers. So far you have posted nothing but immature responses. You know so little about the SRT6 that you laughed when I said it pulled like a 10 second car. I proved it with a timeslip. This is our forum and I will post as often as I want, you are still a visitor. All I was asking was for you to increase your credibility with reliability, and proven numbers for your first product publicly introduced here (your stall upgrade).

I did respond with what I would like made available for our cars. I hope your the one who delivers and becomes another valuable source. Also I recommend the SSB because it is the fastest color available. Please don't insult us again by saying our 12 second cars are for wives. Your practically speaking to the entire SRT6 forum with that one. We all love our 12 second cars and wouldn't trade them.
+1 Respect is earned and not just given regardless of past credentials. In your case, its earned with a product proven to work. Till then lets cut the wish list here till we can see atleast one proven product.

Old 02-05-2009, 12:47 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlUEMDsrt6
+1 Respect is earned and not just given regardless of past credentials. In your case, its earned with a product proven to work. Till then lets cut the wish list here till we can see at least one proven product.
What are we back in High School. The guy is offering products as far as the proven tested... time will tell, the principal behind the converters isn't new. Also with track numbers as you know these vary car to car day to day driver to driver. I think if you are interested in his items then give them a try, but I don't think there is any reason to start bickering back and forth. LET didn't own a crossfire and made parts, so you don't have to have one. Why start pissing him off early, if his products fail to deliver he will sink his own ship. In the mean time he has a converter that is being tested and the prices are a lot less then others that are for sale.

Last edited by Bulldogger; 02-05-2009 at 12:50 PM.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:01 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bulldogger
What are we back in High School. The guy is offering products as far as the proven tested... time will tell, the principal behind the converters isn't new. Also with track numbers as you know these vary car to car day to day driver to driver. I think if you are interested in his items then give them a try, but I don't think there is any reason to start bickering back and forth. LET didn't own a crossfire and made parts, so you don't have to have one. Why start pissing him off early, if his products fail to deliver he will sink his own ship. In the mean time he has a converter that is being tested and the prices are a lot less then others that are for sale.
Thanks for posting this. I am truly surprised how quickly folk get a little testy on this forum.

Lets just see what he can do for you, and if you like his products then its a win!

Otherwise dont buy em or promote his products.

Cant we all just get along here (kumbaya playing in the background)

Old 02-05-2009, 01:13 PM

If his skin is that thin where he will take his ball and go home then he is in the wrong business. I am not attacking, but challenging him to prove his many boasts.People get their panties in a twist anytime someone questions a vendor around here. You can take your delicate sensibilities to the nearest knitting forum.

Old 02-05-2009, 01:14 PM
Forum Regular

Jesse and Illinois DYNO pride themselves on manufacturing and selling items to the tuner community at FAIR prices.

Jesse has successfully modified EVERY car i have ever owned, (jaguar, lexus, audi, mercedes, lincoln, etc) he has figured out how to modify many of my cars that other shops said were 'impossible.'
and his business is a family-owned shop that has a stellar reputation in the community. it is a smalltown shop, where people don't just throw in the towel in a pissing contest either! this is a shop where families in this town would throw down FOR this shop! this is the same shop that does all the repairs for the local police, fire department and just about every trucking biz out here, not to mention their reputation at the track! and tom's TDI jetta that was the highest horsepower jetta in the world, and featured in magazines.

our relationship started from Stealerships and other speed-shops trying to overcharge me for labor and parts.
jesse would find the parts himself and do the work himself at a LEGITIMATE rate saving me thousands of dollars. THEY DO THIS KIND OF STUFF EVERY DAY, AND THAT'S WHY THEY HAVE SURVIVED THE TEST OF TIME, AND PEOPLE CONTINUE TO STAY LOYAL TO THEM. IDC is 'LOYAL.' and 'loyalty' can give people an 'edge.'

you will find, that jesse will almost NEVER say "it can't be done," because he has always found a way. he has HEAVILY modded ALL of my cars over the last decade, and none of them have ever had failed results! how many vendors can you say that about? it's not a guarantee, but a stellar track-record.

jesse has installed high stall torque converters, valve-bodies, nitrous kits, turbo-kits, fabbed full custom exhausts, headers etc. for many of my cars. He even fabbed racing seats into my jaguar by himself, when the vendors i bought the seats from said it was impossible! i even have business associates who bring their porsches, vipers, audi's, and ferrari's all the way out to port byron for jesse's skills from chicago and des moines iowa!!!! they see the work he does on my cars and drool!!!

'Cars' are my hobby, and i have NEVER sourced anyone else for work but IDC. 10years of work by them, and still not a single SNAFU/problem. obviously, the world isn't perfect, and stuff happens, but my results have been superior.... my 2 cents.

btw, jesse does not need a crossfire... does LET? IPT? VRP? plus, he has mine. and i trust his work implicitly. c'mon guys, it's torque converters, not rocket science. jesse has been working on cars since before puberty! he sees a great market potential with this platform and is tired of seeing how horrible the prices are on most of this stuff. he's doing us a favor. i don't blame him for being defensive.

Last edited by j-fire; 02-05-2009 at 01:21 PM.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:22 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LET not only had but has...My Crossfire.

They have access codes to my garage and keys and have used my car anytime and all the times they have wanted....I was out of state and country multiple times while they have used and tested with my car.

Why own if one is in a garage 5 minutes from there shop?

Old 02-05-2009, 01:24 PM

Very good idea! Thanks for the input I will get to checking on hood clearance to see if this is a possibility. I'll post what I come up with later next week!

This is what the tread is intended for, good, productive, input on upgrade parts for your cars. I am glad to see that some of you are taking this oportunity seriously.

Thanks again and keep the good ideas coming!

Old 02-05-2009, 01:24 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BlUEMDsrt6
If his skin is that thin where he will take his ball and go home then he is in the wrong business. I am not attacking, but challenging him to prove his many boasts.People get their panties in a twist anytime someone questions a vendor around here. You can take your delicate sensibilities to the nearest knitting forum.
hmph. well..... jesse ALREADY makes great money, and has for YEARS because of all the other business he does!
my contacts alone from chicago and des moines make him PLENTY of money. trust me!
he has some sick toys....

Old 02-05-2009, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by j-fire
Jesse and Illinois DYNO pride themselves on manufacturing and selling items to the tuner community at FAIR prices.

Jesse has successfully modified EVERY car i have ever owned, (jaguar, lexus, audi, mercedes, lincoln, etc) he has figured out how to modify many of my cars that other shops said were 'impossible.'
and his business is a family-owned shop that has a stellar reputation in the community. it is a smalltown shop, where people don't just throw in the towel in a pissing contest either! this is a shop where families in this town would throw down FOR this shop! this is the same shop that does all the repairs for the local police, fire department and just about every trucking biz out here, not to mention their reputation at the track! and tom's TDI jetta that was the highest horsepower jetta in the world, and featured in magazines.

our relationship started from Stealerships and other speed-shops trying to overcharge me for labor and parts.
jesse would find the parts himself and do the work himself at a LEGITIMATE rate saving me thousands of dollars. THEY DO THIS KIND OF STUFF EVERY DAY, AND THAT'S WHY THEY HAVE SURVIVED THE TEST OF TIME, AND PEOPLE CONTINUE TO STAY LOYAL TO THEM. IDC is 'LOYAL.' and 'loyalty' can give people an 'edge.'

you will find, that jesse will almost NEVER say "it can't be done," because he has always found a way. he has HEAVILY modded ALL of my cars over the last decade, and none of them have ever had failed results! how many vendors can you say that about? it's not a guarantee, but a stellar track-record.

jesse has installed high stall torque converters, valve-bodies, nitrous kits, turbo-kits, fabbed full custom exhausts, headers etc. for many of my cars. He even fabbed racing seats into my jaguar by himself, when the vendors i bought the seats from said it was impossible! i even have business associates who bring their porsches, vipers, audi's, and ferrari's all the way out to port byron for jesse's skills from chicago and des moines iowa!!!! they see the work he does on my cars and drool!!!

'Cars' are my hobby, and i have NEVER sourced anyone else for work but IDC. 10years of work by them, and still not a single SNAFU/problem. obviously, the world isn't perfect, and stuff happens, but my results have been superior.... my 2 cents.

btw, jesse does not need a crossfire... does LET? IPT? VRP? plus, he has mine. and i trust his work implicitly. c'mon guys, it's torque converters, not rocket science. jesse has been working on cars since before puberty! he sees a great market potential with this platform and is tired of seeing how horrible the prices are on most of this stuff. he's doing us a favor. i don't blame him for being defensive.
See now that's a great introduction. The E55 guys are the ones getting charged 3x over. That's a great platform to expand as well. Similiar mods just V8 style.

Old 02-05-2009, 02:29 PM

Thanks everyone for getting this forum back to a good productive path! I am glad to see the change in tone on the recent posts! I am not here to blow smoke or bicker with anyone. I just want to offer my experience and ideas to help get you guy out from under the thumbs of your two or three suppliers, and make a full range of aftermarket, affordable products that you guys the enthusiasts want!

I am not the biggest company and don't have 90 years experience but I am taking an interest in providing the parts the big companies decided it was not worth making, thanks for your support!!!

Old 02-05-2009, 02:48 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks everyone for getting this forum back to a good productive path! I am glad to see the change in tone on the recent posts! I am not here to blow smoke or bicker with anyone. I just want to offer my experience and ideas to help get you guy out from under the thumbs of your two or three suppliers, and make a full range of aftermarket, affordable products that you guys the enthusiasts want!

I am not the biggest company and don't have 90 years experience but I am taking an interest in providing the parts the big companies decided it was not worth making, thanks for your support!!!
make some pulleys for a reasonable price, that would be really nice.

Old 02-05-2009, 02:54 PM
Forum Regular

O.K. now that the love is flowing how about making a strut/tower brace for these babies? It should be an easy one.

How long do you think it would take to make these?

Old 02-05-2009, 03:00 PM

The only issue i see is the clutch setup, i know it's usefull to help regulate pulley acceleration..... what are your thoughts on removing the clutch setup? has it been done? that would easily knock 3/4 of the price off.

oh and the strut brace i already posted alittle earlier, I will check later next week to see if there is hood clearance, something like that wouldn't take much time at all to fab up. after the first probably a week to start producing and have powder coated.

Last edited by Trbokmro; 02-05-2009 at 03:02 PM.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:18 PM
Forum Regular

oh and the strut brace i already posted alittle earlier, I will check later next week to see if there is hood clearance, something like that wouldn't take much time at all to fab up. after the first probably a week to start producing and have powder coated.
Also consider an aluminum or stainless version polished with beautiful welds!

Thanks - this thread is moving fast so I missed your post on the strut.

Old 02-05-2009, 03:32 PM
Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts

The only issue i see is the clutch setup, i know it's usefull to help regulate pulley acceleration..... what are your thoughts on removing the clutch setup? has it been done? that would easily knock 3/4 of the price off.
Believe that reason the SC is clutched is for fuel economy.
Can't be that much of a difference if it were directly connected.
Plus the SC would be connected ALL OF THE TIME. No delays at all.
I think a directly connected pulley would work.
Woody?