Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

SRT6, Locked up but not blown up???

Old 03-25-2010, 02:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: SRT6, Locked up but not blown up???

Originally Posted by 240M3SRT
This is a great post. Thanks for the info.

Do you think that an aftermarket wideband sensor would have picked up on this and read rich, so the driver would know what was going on?
I did have a pillar O2 and it was running rich, got it tunned so that it wasn't so rich but I think that the real damage had already been done before hand because of the injectors that were dumping fuel instead of spraying fuel which still continued after the tune.

Old 03-25-2010, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by tighed1
Now yer scaring me! My roadster runs waaaay rich judging by the looks of the tail pipes. Actually get black deposits on the rear of the car from the exhaust.
Thanks goodness for the extended warranty!
My tips were black as well... but I am talking very black and very noticable too. With the bad injectors I could see fuel spraying out the back when I hit it hard. If only I knew then what I know now I may could have saved the engine.

Old 03-26-2010, 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by ronaldjfletcher
My tips were black as well... but I am talking very black and very noticable too. With the bad injectors I could see fuel spraying out the back when I hit it hard. If only I knew then what I know now I may could have saved the engine.
Well, thanks again for comming on here and being so open and honest with us about what happened to your engine.

So what is your plan of action. A quick fix of some sort(wondering if you could replace just that one cylinder with engine in the car)? Replace bottom end all together? Junk yard long block assembly.....?

Old 03-26-2010, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by 240M3SRT
Well, thanks again for comming on here and being so open and honest with us about what happened to your engine.

So what is your plan of action. A quick fix of some sort(wondering if you could replace just that one cylinder with engine in the car)? Replace bottom end all together? Junk yard long block assembly.....?
I am going to replace the engine with a used one (junk yard) for now to limp by for a few months or so. Then I would like to have the seized engine rebuilt with better "race performance parts" like rods, pistons, heads, bigger head studs, cams, bearings ect.... what ever is possible will be done, less the making of parts.

1 cylinder seized and the other well on it's way to being, because of the two faulty fuel injectors. I am having the injectors assessed now, to find out if two brand new injectors went bad or was I sold faulty used injectors as if they were new ones. I will know by end of next week on this and I shall report it to all who cares to know, no matter if the findings are good, bad or indifferent.
* In the future I will periodically check injectors, "especially after replacing them" and I don't care if they have been dipped in gold I still want to see that spray... It only takes 30 to 45 minutes to check them, to make sure that they are NOT dumping fuel.

The reason I am being open and honest (the only way I know how to be) is because I do not want to see anyone else go through this within the current offered service's and have the ability to notice faulty parts right away and hopefully before they can cause any substantial damages.

More than likely I could just throw in the used engine and walk away from it and still break even in cost but I am not going to do that.

I love these little cars, especially the SRT 6 and I will run it until the wheels fall off and I can't replace them.

Last edited by ronaldjfletcher; 03-26-2010 at 08:45 AM.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:56 AM
ADDICTED TO BOOST
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good to see you on the forum Ron...not under this circumstance however. Have you had any talks with the gentleman that sold you those injectors and did the install? I am not going to name names either, but I am curious of his position in this.

Old 03-26-2010, 09:06 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for sharing the information with us, and I will be interested in the outcome of your checks on the injectors. It will be interesting to see what you do with the engine rebuild, and what kind of HP you can get out of it.

Old 03-26-2010, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by BLKFIN
Good to see you on the forum Ron...not under this circumstance however. Have you had any talks with the gentleman that sold you those injectors and did the install? I am not going to name names either, but I am curious of his position in this.
No real talking as of yet, I am waiting on the results of the assessments first. However he is completely aware of two fuel injectors being bad and has sent the old stock ones back??? instead of replacing the the two bad injectors or the whole set for that matter (actions/behavior) and this is the only reason why I am having them assessed to find out if they were new injectors or old used injectors.

And many thanks for all the help while in Dallas from you and all the Dallas guys, a good group...!

Last edited by ronaldjfletcher; 03-26-2010 at 09:39 AM.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:02 AM
ADDICTED TO BOOST

No real talking as of yet, I am waiting on the results of the assessments first. However he is completely aware of two fuel injectors being bad and has sent the old stock ones back??? instead of replacing the the two bad injectors or the whole set for that matter (actions/behavior) and this is the only reason why I am having them assessed to find out if they were new injectors or old used injectors.

And many thanks for all the help while in Dallas from you and all the Dallas guys, a good group...!
Glad I could help sir...I do not mind getting my hands dirty

Old 03-26-2010, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by BLKFIN
Glad I could help sir...I do not mind getting my hands dirty
I don't mind either but I am still learning.

Old 03-26-2010, 05:44 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

a rebuilt engine with the s/c pushing twin turbos!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-26-2010, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by 32krazy!
a rebuilt engine with the s/c pushing twin turbos!!!!!!!!!
....and thats why we call him 32crazy, lol.

Old 03-26-2010, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by bmorgan
Thanks for sharing the information with us, and I will be interested in the outcome of your checks on the injectors. It will be interesting to see what you do with the engine rebuild, and what kind of HP you can get out of it.
I will certainly post all "documented" information from the injector assessments, no matter if good, bad or indifferent.

Last edited by ronaldjfletcher; 03-26-2010 at 07:26 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:07 PM

Ok, it has been a long time, here are some pic's and I am waiting on one more GREAT part to arrive.

Left to right; 1) old engine 2) super-charger 3) semi-new engine 12K miles 4) empty-bellied engine bay.

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg
oldengine.jpeg (53.2 KB, 74 views)
scharger.jpeg (48.8 KB, 69 views)
newengine.jpeg (44.2 KB, 72 views)
emptybay.jpeg (53.9 KB, 82 views)

Last edited by ronaldjfletcher; 04-28-2010 at 03:42 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:05 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Did you ever get a result from the injector assessment?

Old 04-28-2010, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by bmorgan
Did you ever get a result from the injector assessment?
No not yet, I am waiting until the engines are swapped out.

The assessment is in two parts, the age of, if possible and which ones were dumping fuel and why.

So once I get my hands on the old engine, where it is going to be rebuilt, I can mark the injectors by way of their cylinder locations as they are pulled out and recorded on Video. I have to know in my own mind that they are marked correctly as I may need the information at a later date.

Last edited by ronaldjfletcher; 04-28-2010 at 05:25 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:15 PM

Ok, it has been a long time, here are some pic's and I am waiting on one more GREAT part to arrive.

Left to right; 1) old engine 2) super-charger 3) semi-new engine 12K miles 4) empty-bellied engine bay.
Got word today the one GREAT part that I have been waiting on will soon be on it's way, it's where the rubber meets the road, the EUROCHARGED "High Throw" Torque Converter...! The low-end and mid-range power to the ground will no longer be slipping away from me.

Old 05-03-2010, 09:27 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq

Got word today the one GREAT part that I have been waiting on will soon be on it's way, it's where the rubber meets the road, the EUROCHARGED "High Throw" Torque Converter...! The low-end and mid-range power to the ground will no longer be slipping away from me.
Anyone else already running this TC in their SRT6's?

Old 05-25-2010, 03:57 PM

The local dealer has gotten the wrong engine twice, non super-charged. I have given them my solid leads so they can get the right engine and no mark up on the engine I FOUND...!

Old 06-10-2010, 03:29 PM

OK, I got my SRT6 back on the road today and the belt is being eaten up and soon to fail, I will have my mechanic line it all back up again this weekend.

Now phase ll start's, fuel injector assessments (everyone knows why) and then on to building a proper race engine...!

*Note: The EUROCHARGED "High Throw" Torque Converter, it does work...!!!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
img005.jpg (300.7 KB, 38 views)

Last edited by ronaldjfletcher; 06-10-2010 at 05:29 PM.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:01 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK, I got my SRT6 back on the road today and the belt is being eaten up and soon to fail, I will have my mechanic line it all back up again this weekend.

Now phase ll start's, fuel injector assessments (everyone knows why) and then on to building a proper race engine...!

*Note: The EUROCHARGED "High Throw" Torque Converter, it does work...!!!
Pic attached....OUCH At least your back on the road.

Quick Reply: SRT6, Locked up but not blown up???