Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Got my car back. Quick 181 pulley review

Old 03-25-2011, 06:54 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my car back. Quick 181 pulley review

So $1k later the 6 is back in business. Ive driven the car for 2 days now and it feels great with the new crank pulley. Theres more power throughout the entire rpm range. It feels as if the engine also spins a bit more freely (almost like getting a lightened flywheel). For some reason the exhaust is more noticable now but the supercharger whine has decreased. It was 85 degrees today and the car felt as fast if not faster as when i last took it to the track when it was 55 degrees out. With only the CAI. I went with the 181 since there are horror stories of the 185 running out of fuel and theoretically the 181 should provide more power than a 178. Even thought it seems as all pulleys can go equally as fast with the right tune. I will be getting the mail order Eurocharged tune next week.

Old 03-25-2011, 08:22 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Got my car back. Quick 181 pulley review

what were the final torque specs and how was the crank repaired? hopefully the air wrench was left in the toolbox and a proper torque wrench was used
wouldnt recommend any high speed or wot runs until that tune is in place. 181 runs lean also without proper tuning

Old 03-25-2011, 09:38 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by 32krazy!
what were the final torque specs and how was the crank repaired? hopefully the air wrench was left in the toolbox and a proper torque wrench was used
wouldnt recommend any high speed or wot runs until that tune is in place. 181 runs lean also without proper tuning
Good info to know. Isnt leaner meaner anyways? Haha, I will def go easy on it. It was torqued to spec. I cant remember right now. 160? whatever the directions said i did. The crank was fine. it was the flywheel that needed to be replaced.

Old 03-26-2011, 06:06 AM

my bad. had you confused with another member who had a crank pulley shear the keyway due to improper torque. still need the tune!

might consider reconfirming the spec with jerry. i know the v8 crank pulleys are getting the torque in the 275 ft/lbs plus 90*!!

Old 03-26-2011, 10:07 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

He is good on the crank bolt... 150ft/lbs + 90 deg.....

Old 03-26-2011, 10:16 AM
Received 572 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by Holycrap
So $1k later the 6 is back in business. Ive driven the car for 2 days now and it feels great with the new crank pulley. Theres more power throughout the entire rpm range. It feels as if the engine also spins a bit more freely (almost like getting a lightened flywheel). For some reason the exhaust is more noticable now but the supercharger whine has decreased. It was 85 degrees today and the car felt as fast if not faster as when i last took it to the track when it was 55 degrees out. With only the CAI. I went with the 181 since there are horror stories of the 185 running out of fuel and theoretically the 181 should provide more power than a 178. Even thought it seems as all pulleys can go equally as fast with the right tune. I will be getting the mail order Eurocharged tune next week.
So what was bent or had to be fixed? Was it the ring gear dislodged?

Old 03-26-2011, 01:05 PM

Personally I would have liked to see you go with a 185mm but we do what we feel comfortable with.With all the banter over leaning issues I can't blame you for your choice. I went backwards to my 181mm a few weeks ago but after only twenty minutes of test driving, about a week of staring at the engine compartment and great deal of carefull concideration along with a new custom tune, I couldn't be happier with my choice to return to the BIG 185mm. Like Tim the Tool Man says, "bigger is better" and "More Power oohoohooh". Eurocharge sells an average of three 185mm per week and they are turning out some of the wildest C32's and SRT's going.
I am not commenting to get an argument about which is the better pulley I am here to tell you, just wait till you get the tune on if you think she's something now!
Do you have plans to get an inner cooler? I believe any increase in boost warrents the addition of a larger than stock cooler.
Anyway have a good one and enjoy...
Mike

Old 03-26-2011, 03:45 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by onehundred80
So what was bent or had to be fixed? Was it the ring gear dislodged?
lulzwheel.jpg

Look at the nasty bend on the top left

Last edited by Holycrap; 03-26-2011 at 03:49 PM.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:59 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Montana Crossfire
Personally I would have liked to see you go with a 185mm but we do what we feel comfortable with.With all the banter over leaning issues I can't blame you for your choice. I went backwards to my 181mm a few weeks ago but after only twenty minutes of test driving, about a week of staring at the engine compartment and great deal of carefull concideration along with a new custom tune, I couldn't be happier with my choice to return to the BIG 185mm. Like Tim the Tool Man says, "bigger is better" and "More Power oohoohooh". Eurocharge sells an average of three 185mm per week and they are turning out some of the wildest C32's and SRT's going.
I am not commenting to get an argument about which is the better pulley I am here to tell you, just wait till you get the tune on if you think she's something now!
Do you have plans to get an inner cooler? I believe any increase in boost warrents the addition of a larger than stock cooler.
Anyway have a good one and enjoy...
Mike
My first choice was the 185. The 185 has more power down low which is great for daily driving. It seems like at the strip they all perform similalry. The fastest no nitrous srt-6 on drag times has an 11.7 on a 181 pulley. The code 3 pulley recently also ran an 11.7 also. It's just a matter of preference. Can't go wrong with any choice. I will be getting an intercooler but i have 1 more power mod to go after the tune.

Old 03-26-2011, 04:51 PM

i think you guys mean heat exchanger. there is no aftermarket intercooler available unless a custom unit (top mounted intercooler) is built