Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Eurocharged ECU tune dragstrip times

Old 10-08-2011, 02:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eurocharged ECU tune dragstrip times

I just got my ECU tune from Eurocharged yesterday and took my crossfire to the track last night to see the difference. I bought the computer cable from them and they programed mine right over the internet. Anyway, my crossfire ran a best of 8.62 at 87mph in the eighth mile before the tune. Of course thats with a 2.01 sixty ft..spinning. With the ECU tune it ran a best of 8.23 at 89MPH with a 1.98 sixty ft. Spins alot easier now of course. Im working on my launch, but looks like a set of drag radials are going to be necessary, since my Eurocharged supercharger pulley will be here very soon. My dragstrip is at 2100ft elevation. My car allready has a needswings CAI. Anyway, if anybody is interested in an ECU tune. Its a wise investment.I would highly recommend Eurocharged.

Old 10-08-2011, 07:12 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Eurocharged ECU tune dragstrip times

That's a nice improvement with just the tune added. You'll love the pulley with another tune to drop you into the 7's.

Old 10-08-2011, 07:52 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow, that is a huge gain! A lot of people may not appreciate what winnng by six thenths look like at the finsish line.

Old 10-09-2011, 07:32 AM

Sevens are my goal. The weather was cooler than the last time i raced the car, about 10 degrees cooler and dryer. So maybe a tenth could be attributed to that. But still an awesome gain for just a tune. I will keep you posted when i get the pulley and an exhaust mod.

Old 10-09-2011, 09:38 AM

I was wondering what kind of 1/4 mile time does that translate to 12.6 ish?

Old 10-09-2011, 09:52 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ModlessG
I was wondering what kind of 1/4 mile time does that translate to 12.6 ish?
Fastest recorded = 11.6 without NOS?

Old 10-09-2011, 11:31 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by srt340
I just got my ECU tune from Eurocharged yesterday and took my crossfire to the track last night to see the difference. I bought the computer cable from them and they programed mine right over the internet. Anyway, my crossfire ran a best of 8.62 at 87mph in the eighth mile before the tune. Of course thats with a 2.01 sixty ft..spinning. With the ECU tune it ran a best of 8.23 at 89MPH with a 1.98 sixty ft. Spins alot easier now of course. Im working on my launch, but looks like a set of drag radials are going to be necessary, since my Eurocharged supercharger pulley will be here very soon. My dragstrip is at 2100ft elevation. My car allready has a needswings CAI. Anyway, if anybody is interested in an ECU tune. Its a wise investment.I would highly recommend Eurocharged.
So, how is the drivability after the tune? Initial throttle tip in more sensitive? Too sensitive for everyday driving? Do you plan on upgrading cooling with the S/C pulley or is the factory setup OK with the increased boost?

I'm not going to drag race the car. I just want more output and better response from the drive train. Basically, I want to recover the missing 19 HP and 20 ft/lb that disappeared in the transformation from Mercedes to Chrysler. I'm trying to decide between the EC tune only or the SC pulley with the tune. Here in CT, I'm basically at sea level and our premium gas is 93 octane (87/89/93). So I'm thinking the tune could have a noticeable impact by itself.

I submitted some questions to Eurocharged on their website a week ago but so far there has been zero response. Not exactly confidence inspiring when you're talking about spending $1,000 bucks and modifying some complex ECU tuning in an AMG engine. After hearing people on this site rave about them, the lack of response is a bit surprising. Makes me wonder how responsive they'll be after purchase if there are problems. I mean why build a website with a Q&A feature if you don't intend to respond. Oh well.

Old 10-09-2011, 06:23 PM

The initial throttle response is alot better than it was. It used to feel kind of lazy, but now its is crisp. Just driving down the road at 50mph or so, you can just stab on the throttle and the throttle is instant.Its nothing too much for a daily driver.....I have a new johnson ic pump on the car. Im going to do the coolant separation, and the oil catch can mod that Needswings sells. And a rear cat delete with a true dual exhaust out to a two in two out dynomax x flow muffler. Thats all im going to do...i think. Ive been a drag racer for years and i have a 5.50 "street" car. Once a racer, always a racer, so who knows.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:41 AM
Forum Regular

awesome job on the runs! Glad to see its working out for you.

Spudracer- we don't show any record of an email coming in. The website should have cc you on the message, can you forward that to me so I can figure out what happened?

jake@eurocharged.com

Old 10-12-2011, 07:23 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by EUROCHARGED
awesome job on the runs! Glad to see its working out for you.

Spudracer- we don't show any record of an email coming in. The website should have cc you on the message, can you forward that to me so I can figure out what happened?

jake@eurocharged.com
Hi Jake. It wasn't an email (I think). Your website has a button on it labeled "ask a question about this product".

Supercharger Pulley Pre-Order!

When I clicked on the button, it opened a dialog box on the website that asked for Name, Email, and message text.

Enquiry - Supercharger Pulley Pre-Order!

I filled it in and hit enter. I figured it was more of a chat box or messaging system than email since I didn't send it from my email account.

Anyway, the questions were more or less.....
  • Cooling - will the additional boost require cooling system upgrades or is the factory cooling able to handle the loads?
  • Airflow - are the stock intake and filters able to pass enough air at 18 psi?
  • Sensor - is the mass airflow sensor able to cope with the additional volume of air?
  • Driveability - is the ECU tune still comfortable to drive on the street? i.e. throttle tip in not too abrubt?
  • Gas - here in CT, I'm more or less at sea level and our premium gas is 93 octane. This sounds like pretty good conditions for the tune and boost, yes?

I'm not into drag racing. I'm an ex road racer looking for a more fun and responsive daily driver.

Last edited by Spudracer; 10-12-2011 at 07:32 PM.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:54 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Spudracer
Hi Jake. It wasn't an email (I think). Your website has a button on it labeled "ask a question about this product".

Supercharger Pulley Pre-Order!

When I clicked on the button, it opened a dialog box on the website that asked for Name, Email, and message text.

Enquiry - Supercharger Pulley Pre-Order!

I filled it in and hit enter. I figured it was more of a chat box or messaging system than email since I didn't send it from my email account.

Anyway, the questions were more or less.....
  • Cooling - will the additional boost require cooling system upgrades or is the factory cooling able to handle the loads?
  • Airflow - are the stock intake and filters able to pass enough air at 18 psi?
  • Sensor - is the mass airflow sensor able to cope with the additional volume of air?
  • Driveability - is the ECU tune still comfortable to drive on the street? i.e. throttle tip in not too abrubt?
  • Gas - here in CT, I'm more or less at sea level and our premium gas is 93 octane. This sounds like pretty good conditions for the tune and boost, yes?
I'm not into drag racing. I'm an ex road racer looking for a more fun and responsive daily driver.
I will dig in and see whats wrong with the site...but to answer your questions:

Factory cooling is fine, but upgraded cooling will just help you recover faster

Stock intake is fine, upgraded intake makes more power!

Sensor is not a problem, you will see more gains with the ecu tune paired with it.

ECU tune is extremely drivable. You just have more power when you need it. If your not gunning it everywhere, it will feel simular

Perfect conditions! If you are tuning as well, we custom taylor the file for your elevation as well as gas

Jake

Old 10-13-2011, 10:46 AM

8.62 at 87mph is roughly 13.70's at 105 mph in 1/4

8.23 at 89MPH is roughly 13.10's at 107 mph in 1/4

Old 10-13-2011, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by 70GS455
8.62 at 87mph is roughly 13.70's at 105 mph in 1/4

8.23 at 89MPH is roughly 13.10's at 107 mph in 1/4
You are off a little bit.
Fast Chrysler Crossfires 1/4 Mile 0-60 Drag Racing - DragTimes.com

closer to 12.7 and 13.2

Old 10-14-2011, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by linstr63
You are off a little bit.
Fast Chrysler Crossfires 1/4 Mile 0-60 Drag Racing - DragTimes.com

closer to 12.7 and 13.2
You're right, my experience base was with turbo vehicles, which roughly multiplies by 1.58 for the ET and 1.22 for the MPH.

From the database, looks more like 1.52 - 1.54 for the ET and 1.25 - 1.28 for the MPH.

Old 10-17-2011, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by 70GS455
You're right, my experience base was with turbo vehicles, which roughly multiplies by 1.58 for the ET and 1.22 for the MPH.

From the database, looks more like 1.52 - 1.54 for the ET and 1.25 - 1.28 for the MPH.
Yeah from personal experience I've pulled 8.5 in the 1/8th before (can't recall the speed but it's posted here somewhere) and I've done 8.6/13.2 @ 106 before. So an 8.2 would be close to 12.6 or so.