Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Stage 2 Install questions... and concerns

Old 04-06-2013, 12:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stage 2 Install questions... and concerns

So I finally got the time to rip off the bumper and start the install of the kit (iso-kit, supercooler, and chill charger fluid) Now over all it is an amazing kit and great parts! Nothing cheaply made.

But as for the install the only part that has caused me trouble was putting in the new p/s line and putting on the clamps that were given in the kit. While doing this section right behind the driver headlight I noticed a hose had popped loose from a section I hadn't touched on purpose... it was connected to some Bosch piece that looks to have the hose and a few electric wires hooked up to it... I don't know what it could be... there was no clamp on it either making it seem less force like hose piece.

Other questions would probably be on the last little bit in the coolant reservoir do you just unplug and move fast to put the iso kit into place on the lower tube? Or is there a good clean way to get it all out of there? And then I guess fill it all with coolant and distilled water and once a day or so go by just close the iso kit and put the chill charger in the super cooler only?

Not the best at this stuff but it has gone smoothly so far just got too tired to finish today so hitting it in the morning. Any help is appreciated!

Old 04-07-2013, 05:28 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Stage 2 Install questions... and concerns

someone please help our mate here.....

Old 04-07-2013, 11:03 AM

Well thank you Billy22Bob! Ha But after just biting the bullet I pulled the hose off for the iso kit and was able to keep from most of it spilling.

As for the piece that I am not sure what it is... I just put a clamp on the hose that was coming off so it doesn't come off again and so far has been good to go!

Only question bugging me is the chill charger on if I should wait till I turn the valves to isolate the SC from the radiator to pour it into the SC only or just go ahead and dump it in the coolant reservoir?

Now for the rest of the install. It is finally finished and I took it out last night for a ride and kept it calm to make sure no leaks were occuring. So for now the car is doing great just haven't isolated the kit yet and haven't done the Chill charger. Only thing I did differently was in some instructions it said to run the inlet tube for the SC down and around to the inlet but it was just way easier to run the hose up and along the top of the fan shroud (zip tied it up and no movement) and back under the headlight to the SC.

Now she is ready for the Summer heat!

Old 04-07-2013, 11:15 AM
Received 544 Likes on 460 Posts

Originally Posted by srtmodder
Well thank you Billy22Bob! Ha But after just biting the bullet I pulled the hose off for the iso kit and was able to keep from most of it spilling.

As for the piece that I am not sure what it is... I just put a clamp on the hose that was coming off so it doesn't come off again and so far has been good to go!

Only question bugging me is the chill charger on if I should wait till I turn the valves to isolate the SC from the radiator to pour it into the SC only or just go ahead and dump it in the coolant reservoir?

Now for the rest of the install. It is finally finished and I took it out last night for a ride and kept it calm to make sure no leaks were occuring. So for now the car is doing great just haven't isolated the kit yet and haven't done the Chill charger. Only thing I did differently was in some instructions it said to run the inlet tube for the SC down and around to the inlet but it was just way easier to run the hose up and along the top of the fan shroud (zip tied it up and no movement) and back under the headlight to the SC.

Now she is ready for the Summer heat!
Keep the valves open and fill the tank as normal, burp the hoses a few times and then run the car up to heat. The level will go down a bit, so top it up again. Run the car a few days keeping an eye on the fluid level. When it does not fall anymore and with the car hot from a run turn the valves to isolate the circuits from each other. Job done.

Old 04-07-2013, 02:38 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any idea on how much extra volume you had to add for the Supercooler v the stock Cooler?

Old 04-07-2013, 06:41 PM

Well I found a how to link that was showing me some stats and was pretty close. What I came up with was about 8-9 cups... Yeah I know no one measures by cups but that was he posted on the how to. He said 8 cups for the sc compared to 3 for the stock one. So far though all has been good and just closed the valves after driving over an hour and a half on the highway.