Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

New ic pump, same problem now what

Old 09-05-2013, 05:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: New ic pump, same problem now what

I guess I did check it at first but not after the pump replacement. It's possible it burnt the fuse when I was hot-wiring the pump to do a burp. By the way, I was able to burp the pump by just squeezing the line with my hand and watching the fluid go into to the reserve tank. It was very easy once I put a battery on the pump.

Old 09-09-2013, 08:38 PM
Djo

The ic bosh pump is referred to as the number 10 can anyone give me the full Part number? I Bought one from euro import And the numbers aren't matching up to what the website says will fit my car. When I first bought it I spoke to a rep who assured me this was the correct pump I don't think so Thanks 2005 SRT six Roadster

Old 09-09-2013, 08:43 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Djo
The ic bosh pump is referred to as the number 10 can anyone give me the full Part number? I Bought one from euro import And the numbers aren't matching up to what the website says will fit my car. When I first bought it I spoke to a rep who assured me this was the correct pump I don't think so Thanks 2005 SRT six Roadster
Mercedes Auxiliary Water Pump - Bosch (OEM) 0392022010 | FCP Euro

Old 09-09-2013, 08:47 PM
Djo

Thanks I appreciate it! The pump just looks rather small but I guess I'll be good to go

Old 09-09-2013, 10:55 PM
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Djo
Thanks I appreciate it! The pump just looks rather small but I guess I'll be good to go
Not to worry. It's a super efficient pump. They use the same pump for the intercooler on the SL65 AMG twin-turboed SOHC 36-valve 6.0-liter V12 that cranks out 621 hp and 738 lb-ft torque.

Old 09-10-2013, 02:00 PM

Nervous newbie here. JUST purchased my SRT6. 23K on the odometer. Time to change the ICP, as I can feel it go limp when gassed too hard. I bought the Bosch, so I shouldn't need to monkey with the bracket or drill a hole (as seen in the how-to-pdf). By the way, I know the Johnson gets big points, but I went with the Needswings site for the Bosch and separator kit. Hoping to not have to replace the thing in another 25K, but nervous about overpush of fluid.

Sooo... why I'm here: I see a lot of references in the forum to soldering when it comes to the connection wires. Is that necessary, or will crimping, sleeving, and taping work? If absolutely recommended, I've got a friend who's got the soldering set up. Also, while I'm in there would be the best time to install the fluid separator. Can someone give me a quick breakdown on hints, fluid types, and rough fluid replacement amounts? Finally, about how long should this entire evolution take? I'm thinking as a newbie, about 4-5 hours.

Old 09-10-2013, 02:09 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Oregon Jaybird
Nervous newbie here. JUST purchased my SRT6. 23K on the odometer. Time to change the ICP, as I can feel it go limp when gassed too hard. I bought the Bosch, so I shouldn't need to monkey with the bracket or drill a hole (as seen in the how-to-pdf). By the way, I know the Johnson gets big points, but I went with the Needswings site for the Bosch and separator kit. Hoping to not have to replace the thing in another 25K, but nervous about overpush of fluid.

Sooo... why I'm here: I see a lot of references in the forum to soldering when it comes to the connection wires. Is that necessary, or will crimping, sleeving, and taping work? If absolutely recommended, I've got a friend who's got the soldering set up. Also, while I'm in there would be the best time to install the fluid separator. Can someone give me a quick breakdown on hints, fluid types, and rough fluid replacement amounts? Finally, about how long should this entire evolution take? I'm thinking as a newbie, about 4-5 hours.
Since you bought the Bosch pump, there shouldn't be any soldering involved - the new style has the same connector as the original does - it's plug and play.

As far as the separator is concerned - I haven't installed one, so someone else will have to chime in on that.

Good luck!!

RL

Old 09-10-2013, 03:56 PM
Received 551 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by Oregon Jaybird

I did the separation, it took a couple of hours. The fluid should all be changed when you do this, who knows how old the fluid is. Change pump, I have to do that, but can't see it taking more than an hour. So I'd say your total for all these three tasks is 4-5 hours.
Here is the fluid. Only use HOAT fluid, anything else will be regretted by you.
How to do a fluid flush by James1549

Old 09-10-2013, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
I did the separation, it took a couple of hours. The fluid should all be changed when you do this, who knows how old the fluid is. Change pump, I have to do that, but can't see it taking more than an hour. So I'd say your total for all these three tasks is 4-5 hours.
Here is the fluid. Only use HOAT fluid, anything else will be regretted by you.
How to do a fluid flush by James1549
Hey, I really appreciate the lowdown. I have to note how insanely awesome SRT6 owners are to other owners on this forum. Thanks a ton. Everyone has consistently been amazingly helpful and nice. I can see it's more than just the car, and that's fantastic.

Old 09-10-2013, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by RL67037
Since you bought the Bosch pump, there shouldn't be any soldering involved - the new style has the same connector as the original does - it's plug and play.
As far as the separator is concerned - I haven't installed one, so someone else will have to chime in on that.
Good luck!!
RL
Oh, GREAT news, brah. Great news. I was a bit concerned about my soldering capability. Feeling super relieved that I don't need the pigtail. Many mahalos, RL.