Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

datalogs LEAN AFR

Old 09-18-2013, 06:23 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: datalogs LEAN AFR

[QUOTE=32krazy!;758939]
Originally Posted by JesseJamessrt6
using the dashdaq you can log iat thru it.

crap tune
It came with car. I am going to make a trip to ATL soon to BuckHead Imports.

no need to replace the inj. just need a decent tune. i ran 550 cc inj. stacked pulleys, sl55 fuel pump and 11.9 afr at wot. it was all in the tune running 5% lt/ft

cars dont fall out of tune unless you change your mods. tunes are updated due to weather conditions or power adders. if you tune for conditions and dont change anything the tune lasts forever

I have not change mods and dont know if the last owner did. I cant get ahold of him. I only got ahold of the previous owner from him. who did the mods.
14.7 to 15 afr during a cruise is normal for closed loop driving. open loop ie: wot needs to be 11.8 to 12.2 . if the gauge is bad why trust it?
Honestly dont know if the gauge is bad. I am going by research done online. I dont know how to check if its bad. I have described to others what gauge is doing they say its bad.

Old 09-18-2013, 06:25 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=austinbarrylee;758940]
Originally Posted by 32krazy!

Honestly dont know if the gauge is bad. I am going by resource done online. I dont know how to check if its bad. I have describe to others what gauge is doing they say its bad.
tests for power at the sensor. test for power at the gauge. if theres power then the gauge is bad or the O2 sensor is bad. if theres no power then you have other issues

Old 09-18-2013, 07:23 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Jessie, it is curious that with your mods you would run rich while most folks have a lean issue. If you do not have obdii capability tied into your Zietronix setup, I would suggest buying an inexpensive scanner to check a few basic parameters. Using obdii instead of dedicated sensors will show you what the ecu is seeing. Looking at your ltfts would tell you if you have a faulty injector. Also a very low/high ect signal

Old 09-18-2013, 07:28 PM

Stupid phone!!!!! Sorry. Could change your mixture. A fuel pressure test would then be in order ( very easy to do). If these things check out then I would contact Eurocharged for a regime. You must rule out any problems first before retuning.

Old 09-18-2013, 07:29 PM

Regime lol spellcheck sucks!!!!!

Old 09-19-2013, 11:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=32krazy!;758939]
using the dashdaq you can log iat thru it.
Thanks for the feedback. I guess I will need to get things leaned out a bit during open loop, didn't realize that too rich is also a problem.

Originally Posted by tunaglove
Jessie, it is curious that with your mods you would run rich while most folks have a lean issue. If you do not have obdii capability tied into your Zietronix setup, I would suggest buying an inexpensive scanner to check a few basic parameters. Using obdii instead of dedicated sensors will show you what the ecu is seeing. Looking at your ltfts would tell you if you have a faulty injector. Also a very low/high ect signal
Originally Posted by tunaglove
Stupid phone!!!!! Sorry. Could change your mixture. A fuel pressure test would then be in order ( very easy to do). If these things check out then I would contact Eurocharged for a regime. You must rule out any problems first before retuning.
Thank you again. From what I read the DashDaq plugs into the zt-2 brain so even if I install it to help log IAT's, would it see what the ECU is seeing to help with checking LTFT and STFT? It does give an exact number on ECT in addition to IAT. Or should I just go with an obdii scanner that can read the LTFT? Would a faulty injector still run AFR's at 14.7 during closed loop? Looking at my data logs from crusing and idling speeds the AFR stays consistent at 14.7. It is strange that I am running so rich with open loop, something is going on.

Old 09-19-2013, 11:37 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by austinbarrylee
I have AEM wideband and I am reading very lean. I am going to change my sensor. I have been told the sensors go out on them frequently. WOT I am reading 15-16. Cruising I am reading 14.7 perfect. If you find out information please let me know. I was also thinking about changing fuel pump & injections
Originally Posted by hustler316
New pump and new injectors...problem solved. Call rob at needswings, we get our pump and injectors from him.
I realized I'm an idiot, I posted without quoting who I was posting to.... I didn't pay attention to the the fact that Austin hijacked the thread lol.

Jesse: you have way to much fuel or a timing issue it appears...hard to say without looking at your tune. It looks like you need to pull some fuel as has been stated already but without seeing what your car is running for timing it's hard to say exactually.

Austin: it appears you are suffering from fuel starvation, the first place to look after you verify your gauge is fuel pressure and under WOT. If the pressure drops significantly under WOT you have a weak pump and it needs to be replaced. If it doesn't then you need to see if you can add more fuel via the tune. If you add more fuel during the tune and you have the same results it's time to look at injectors. If you have to replace the stock injectors you might as well put larger ones in. The stock injectors are don't give you much room to play with. The bigger injectors allow you to add more fuel with a lower duty cycle effectively making the injector last longer because it doesn't have to work as hard...if that makes sense.

Old 09-19-2013, 11:49 AM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Open Loop: Car is under wide open throttle or heavy throttle. This is when you want and Air/Fuel in the mid 11's to mid 12's. This is when the ECU ignores signal from the o2 sensors. Car is also in open loop when you start it up, until the o2 sensors heat up.

Closed Loop: Car is being driven under light throttle, just cruising around. This is when the ECU uses the O2 sensor signals to constantly adjust the Air/Fuel in order to reach stoich, 14.7 for gasoline.

I hope this helps clear things up. I intentionally avoided terms like tables, fuel trims, and scaling.

Last edited by grip grip; 09-19-2013 at 11:55 AM.
Old 09-19-2013, 11:58 AM

here is a link for fuel trim info

What are fuel trims all about?

Old 09-19-2013, 12:09 PM

[QUOTE=JesseJamessrt6;759021]
Originally Posted by 32krazy!

Thanks for the feedback. I guess I will need to get things leaned out a bit during open loop, didn't realize that too rich is also a problem.

Thank you again. From what I read the DashDaq plugs into the zt-2 brain so even if I install it to help log IAT's, would it see what the ECU is seeing to help with checking LTFT and STFT? It does give an exact number on ECT in addition to IAT. Or should I just go with an obdii scanner that can read the LTFT? Would a faulty injector still run AFR's at 14.7 during closed loop? Looking at my data logs from crusing and idling speeds the AFR stays consistent at 14.7. It is strange that I am running so rich with open loop, something is going on.
yes the ecu could pull fuel to compensate and still hit 14.7 closed loop. Too much and you get an out of range code. If you have the dashdaq just look at the trims. A cheap code reader is a great tool to have around for quick checks.

Old 09-19-2013, 05:55 PM
Forum Regular

I just had a similar issue but I was running lean. 14.7 was normal driving but was getting into high 13 low 14 at WOT. I upgraded to the 55 fuel pump which brought me to high 11 low to mid 12.

Old 09-19-2013, 08:16 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq

Originally Posted by Dementors
I just had a similar issue but I was running lean. 14.7 was normal driving but was getting into high 13 low 14 at WOT. I upgraded to the 55 fuel pump which brought me to high 11 low to mid 12.

What other mods are you running with the SL55 pump.?

Old 09-19-2013, 09:25 PM
Forum Regular

Code 3 pulley 2nd generation
Eurocharged tune
NW DCAI
NW modified intakes

I will run it again after I have put more miles on it to see how the ECU compensates.

Old 09-19-2013, 09:34 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq

Eurocharged tune
NW DCAI
NW modified intakes

I will run it again after I have put more miles on it to see how the ECU compensates.

None of your mods would cause you to run unusually lean.

Old 09-19-2013, 09:36 PM

Eurocharged tune
NW DCAI
NW modified intakes

Do you have any logs you could post? Need the high flow fuel filter right?

Old 09-19-2013, 09:42 PM
Forum Regular

Yeah changed the filter too. I will post a log before and after. Can't do it at the moment.

I can't speak to whether I should be running lean or not based on those mods, just what the logs were telling me.

Old 09-19-2013, 10:19 PM
Forum Regular

Jesse, to clarify, I replaced the fuel filter but not with the high flow. I read your reply to fast the first time.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Data Log With Fuel Pump.jpg (191.7 KB, 15 views)
Old 09-20-2013, 02:28 AM

here is a link for fuel trim info

What are fuel trims all about?
Great information, thanks

Old 09-20-2013, 02:32 AM

Jesse, to clarify, I replaced the fuel filter but not with the high flow. I read your reply to fast the first time.
What is your fuel pressure?

Old 09-20-2013, 07:33 AM
Forum Regular

Silverarrow, I do not have a fuel pressure gauge installed yet unless you know of another way for me to get a reading.

Quick Reply: datalogs LEAN AFR