Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Messed up throttle - PLEASE HELP!

Old 08-05-2014, 04:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Messed up throttle - PLEASE HELP!

Ok so I have had a frustrating day. Chuk Columbani has made my day 50x better and I'm praying you guys can make it 1000x better. So I get in my 05 SRT6 baby, and drive 20 miles to town to go buy some bread jelly water etc. So I come outside and its about 104 outside, I get in my car and turn her on and its idling really really rough. Like it isn't getting enough fuel? So I let it idle for a few minutes before it sorta levels out and I reverse and I realize I have virtually no control over my throttle. I coast into a parkin spot in the back, pop the hood and call chuk. He tells me that its probably my fuel pump or some sensor I forgot the name of. So I sigh and try to get onto the road and get to an access road to idle home and park her till I figure all of this out. Well as I pull out almost all acceleration is lost. I quickly pull into the nearest parking lot and I coast and watch what she does. Me pressing the pedal did virtually nothing at all. It idled itself to about 1500 rpms at max, otherwise floated at about 1000. Not wanting to break anything I park. I sigh and chuk tells me to go to an auto parts pale and see if they'll let me borrow an obd11 reader. So I walk the 15 blocks or so there and get told that id have to buy one (jerks) even if I left my phone shirt wallet id credit card and 60 bucks for a deposit. They wanted me to load her on a flat bed and bring it there. I gave up and walked back. By now my phone died so I went into CVS and bought a charger, because of course I took mine out. I got my charger came outside got in my car and said eh ill try one more time. So I crank her over and VROOM she's runnin like liquid gold! Unreal. So not wasting time I get my butt on the road and get back to the house, but I stopped off and pulled some codes on her just to be safe. The codes I received are as followed.

P0715; Turbine/Input shaft speed sensor circuit.
P0410; Secondary Aie Injection System. ( I actually got this one before and it went away literally a day later?)
P0120; Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor A Circuit
P0562 System voltage low (worth mentioning I left the car running because I didn't wanna risk shutting it off and it not starting right again. Yes I know you're supposed to turn it off and I'm sorry)

So what am I looking at replacing here people? Please PLEASE help because this is my only way back and forth between my ranch and my house and I have to be able to leave at a moments notice in case of emergencys on either side.

Old 08-05-2014, 05:58 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Re: Messed up throttle - PLEASE HELP!

Wow....quite the day. The starting and jerking sound a lot like the Crankshaft Position Sensor. The secondary air injection is a common code thrown. There are plenty on threads about it. Nothing to worry about for now. The speed sensor and the low voltage could be the start of a problem. So start with a Bosch crankshaft position sensor. I am sure, no I am certain, you will get many answers....lol

Old 08-05-2014, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
Wow....quite the day. The starting and jerking sound a lot like the Crankshaft Position Sensor. The secondary air injection is a common code thrown. There are plenty on threads about it. Nothing to worry about for now. The speed sensor and the low voltage could be the start of a problem. So start with a Bosch crankshaft position sensor. I am sure, no I am certain, you will get many answers....lol

I had a feeling a CPS could cause some of these problems. All I needed was verification to go and do it. Fixing to call locl auto store and see if they have a Bosch, gonna run a voltage reg and test the battery and alternator next. And someone said the speed sensor could be locked u with brake dust which is a serious problem I have, dust, I drive on dirt and rock roads so definitely a problem. Or even a squirrel/mouse ate the wire which is also very likely

Old 08-05-2014, 06:40 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

If the speed sensor goes, it could cause the car to go into limp mode, because it can't send the correct speed signals to the ECU, but I haven't heard of this happening before. Low voltage is a concern, because all sensors depend on correct voltage, and all kinds of strange things can happen on a bad battery. Again, this just could be an error code that just happened and isn't anything to be concerned about.

Old 08-05-2014, 07:57 PM

I've had speed sensors go out but never gone into limp mode...just give you a light and a code.

Old 08-05-2014, 08:08 PM
Received 549 Likes on 461 Posts

Not knowing what fault came first and which fault, if any, caused your problem, erase the codes and see which one comes back first, that may be the quickest way to find the fault as some codes just turn the CE light on and show no problem with the cars performance.

Old 08-05-2014, 08:12 PM
Forum Regular

Not knowing what fault came first and which fault, if any, caused your problem, erase the codes and see which one comes back first, that may be the quickest way to find the fault as some codes just turn the CE light on and show no problem with the cars performance.
#1 - That's good advice.

Old 08-05-2014, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80

Remind me how to clear codes again?

Old 08-06-2014, 12:47 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SouthernBronco
Remind me how to clear codes again?
Who ever read your codes should be able to clear the codes with OBDII.

Old 08-06-2014, 02:07 PM

I read my codes with their obdII reader.

Ok new update I'm getting really frustrated now. goin 75 pn the Hwy for not even 2 minutes and my car goes into limp mode for 20 seconds and comes back on. WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON!!

Old 08-06-2014, 02:19 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Do not rule out the transmission conductor plate. It has the transmission speed sensor and will put you in limp mode.
About $150, and there are threads here with a DIY.

Old 08-06-2014, 08:49 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SouthernBronco
I read my codes with their obdII reader.

Ok new update I'm getting really frustrated now. goin 75 pn the Hwy for not even 2 minutes and my car goes into limp mode for 20 seconds and comes back on. WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON!!

Did you clear the codes?

Old 08-07-2014, 08:02 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
Do not rule out the transmission conductor plate. It has the transmission speed sensor and will put you in limp mode.
About $150, and there are threads here with a DIY.
0715 is what I had when my NAG1 5 speed conductor plate croaked.

After it went into Limp Mode.

Please take note of what is displayed in the little "PRNDL" LCD window. If it is a black rectangle, it may be the tranny.

If it does it again, put it in PARK, shut off ignition, wait a few seconds, re-start. It may work, it may not.

As Alaxfire says, there are a number of threads on this issue. It was the last thing fixed for "free" under warranty in my case.

And, yes, I convinced them to flatbed it 120 miles to the nearest stealership that would/could work on it.