Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

any1 have pic of fuel reg installed by pump?

Old 03-13-2015, 07:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default any1 have pic of fuel reg installed by pump?

Im in the process of installing the SL55 Pump, high flow fuel filter, and AEM fuel regulator and i wanted to know the best position to put the fuel regulator. Rob is saying to mount it to the stud of the body but i dont have a nut to hold it in place. Yes, of course i can go buy one but in my mind set i think it should be included with the kit. The location im thinking (for regulator) is the stud just above the -/+ terminals of the fuel pump. Also, does anyone know of a trick to get the fuel lines on easy? Spray some kind of lube? With the limited about of space and laying on my back that s*** is a b****.

Old 03-13-2015, 08:08 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq
Default Re: any1 have pic of fuel reg installed by pump?

Originally Posted by rmcdaniel12
Im in the process of installing the SL55 Pump, high flow fuel filter, and AEM fuel regulator and i wanted to know the best position to put the fuel regulator. Rob is saying to mount it to the stud of the body but i dont have a nut to hold it in place. Yes, of course i can go buy one but in my mind set i think it should be included with the kit. The location im thinking (for regulator) is the stud just above the -/+ terminals of the fuel pump. Also, does anyone know of a trick to get the fuel lines on easy? Spray some kind of lube? With the limited about of space and laying on my back that s*** is a b****.

Yes...its not easy on your back. One of the lines is very difficult because the ID is smaller than the inlet. I put the regulator just rear of the pump, parallel to it. I just put my cover on last week or I would have taken a pic then, Be careful when you install everything that you take into consideration not to obstruct the re-installation of the cover. This is the perfect job for working under a hoist. Be sure to relieve the pressure at the rail connection before removing any lines or prepare for a face wash of gas.

Old 03-13-2015, 08:17 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have several but I am not able to download them right now, a computer problem. I use hose clamps, like large hemostats, to help with the spritz in the face of gas. Also, I pull the fuse to the pump and run the car till it dies, that;ll empty the lines.

Old 03-13-2015, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by SparkieSRT6
Yes...its not easy on your back. One of the lines is very difficult because the ID is smaller than the inlet. I put the regulator just rear of the pump, parallel to it. I just put my cover on last week or I would have taken a pic then, Be careful when you install everything that you take into consideration not to obstruct the re-installation of the cover. This is the perfect job for working under a hoist. Be sure to relieve the pressure at the rail connection before removing any lines or prepare for a face wash of gas.
I already have everything disconnected. I opened the gas cap to release pressure. I have pump and filter mounted and hosed together. I have tank line hooked the the bottom of regulator. The regulator is hanging in place for the night as i had enough and needed to eat. The motor line and pump line are yet to be hooked up and i got annoyed from trying to wrestle it.

Old 03-14-2015, 07:56 PM

Well heres the finally result

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
2015-03-14 14.35.10.jpg (1.19 MB, 70 views)
Old 03-14-2015, 09:54 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Well heres the finally result

It's difficult to see but it looks ok. I have mine a little more compact but as long as it doesn't leak and works ok, you're good. It is a pain to manipulate everything, especially if you're ham fisted but worth the effort.

Old 03-14-2015, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by JEFASOLD
It's difficult to see but it looks ok. I have mine a little more compact but as long as it doesn't leak and works ok, you're good. It is a pain to manipulate everything, especially if you're ham fisted but worth the effort.
Dude, my hand is raw from fighting to get hoses on lol

Old 07-24-2015, 12:24 PM
Forum Regular

Can someone tell me which fitting has what hose going to it. Mcdaniel has the bottom fitting/hose going to the tank when the instructions say the bottom fitting is the outlet port. I would think the outlet would go to the motor? Confused with all this.

Old 07-24-2015, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Sweet2002
Can someone tell me which fitting has what hose going to it. Mcdaniel has the bottom fitting/hose going to the tank when the instructions say the bottom fitting is the outlet port. I would think the outlet would go to the motor? Confused with all this.
I dont have the bottom hose going back to the tank. It goes from the outlet of the filter to the regulator. My set up is: tank hose to bottom of pump, top of pump to top inlet of filter, bottom outlet of filter to inlet of AEM regulator, outlet of AEM regulator to fuel rail line.

Old 07-24-2015, 02:38 PM
Forum Regular

I dont have the bottom hose going back to the tank. It goes from the outlet of the filter to the regulator. My set up is: tank hose to bottom of pump, top of pump to top inlet of filter, bottom outlet of filter to inlet of AEM regulator, outlet of AEM regulator to fuel rail line.

Thanks, I guess once I or a shop gets under there it will fall into place. Did you use the .100" piece that came in the regulator or change it? It controls how much fuel can flow. Thx.
PS: one of the 3 fittings Rob supplied is larger than the other 2, where does that go on the AEM, the right side?

Rod, your description helped a lot, thanks. I am hoping to have the pulleys, wideband and fuel pump/filter/regulator all installed this coming tuesday, Mark

Last edited by Sweet2002; 07-24-2015 at 08:03 PM.
Old 07-24-2015, 08:05 PM
Forum Regular

Rod, did you cut up the 2' section of line Rob supplied or did you use the stock lines?