Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Help TPS nitrous Question

Old 07-10-2015, 09:08 AM
bdh
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help TPS nitrous Question

Lot of threads here on which wire to tap into for your 0-5 volt signal of the throttle body.
But they all start with a request for which wire to use & end with I found or figured it out, with out telling us which wire it was?
I know how to calibrate the throttle body. but I can not seem to figure out which wire to use.
I found the purple has 5 volts but it is constant if the throttle body is closed or open.
anyone remember which colour wire they used when they did their nitrous install?
Barry

Old 07-10-2015, 10:20 AM
Forum Regular
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Help TPS nitrous Question

Wow man - that's some heavy modding in your sig! What are you dynoing, and how are you getting all that grunt to the road!?

Old 07-10-2015, 11:22 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Help TPS nitrous Question

Originally Posted by bdh
Lot of threads here on which wire to tap into for your 0-5 volt signal of the throttle body.
But they all start with a request for which wire to use & end with I found or figured it out, with out telling us which wire it was?
I know how to calibrate the throttle body. but I can not seem to figure out which wire to use.
I found the purple has 5 volts but it is constant if the throttle body is closed or open.
anyone remember which colour wire they used when they did their nitrous install?
Barry

I can't identify the color, but the directions for the NOS controller should help:

TESTING THE THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR:
A properly adjusted and functioning throttle position sensor is essential to the proper operation of the NOS Mini Progressive Controller. The TPS is a precision electrical component that acts as a variable resistor. The ECU provides a reference voltage to the TPS. As the resistance varies with the throttle angle, the TPS provides a return signal to the ECU.
1. Locate the vehicle’s TPS sensor, and the associated wires that attach to it.
2. Connect the positive (+) lead of a digital voltmeter set to measure DC voltage to the TPS signal wire (there are 3 wires on the TPS) leading to the TPS and the negative (-) lead of the voltmeter to a good chassis ground.
3. Turn the ignition key to the "on" position.
4. Using the positive lead of the voltmeter, probe the wires that connect to the TPS sensor. One wire will have a constant 5 volt signal to it (reference), the other wire will be a ground wire, and the remaining wire will be the signal wire.
5. When the "signal" wire is located, note the voltage that is output with the throttle closed. This value will typically be 1 volt or less, depending on the application.
6. Slowly open the throttle and observe the voltmeter’s readout. The voltage should increase smoothly from the closed throttle voltage to 4.0 to 5.0 volts at wide-open throttle.
7. Remove the voltmeter wires from the TPS connector.
8. Connect the provided connector onto the wire that has a 0 to 5 volt output