Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Sprint Booster, yes/no?

Old 07-21-2015, 05:47 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sprint Booster, yes/no?

I have just found out about this. I did a search and many seem to give this a thumbs up. However it does not seem to be a must have. There is a thread here right now about the best way to accelerate and though it is not about mods this Booster is not mentioned as something the car should have. Is it proven to reduce et's, truly, by the guys here who have it?
By the way, thanks to the Crossfire guys as I have an SLK32 and there is little on performance on the SLKworld forum!

Old 07-21-2015, 07:14 AM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: Sprint Booster, yes/no?

Sprint Booster, yes/no? My vote is NO. I didn't notice it when installed with my NA engine, Had to take it out when I got the V8 installed due to the car constantly downshifting as if I put the pedal to the floor.

Put that money towards a power adder

Old 07-21-2015, 11:14 AM
Forum Regular
Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

If you have a tune on your car you dont need it anyway. A tune does what the Sprint Booster does, its mainly for stock tune cars. Just gets rid of throttle by wire lag programmed into the stock tune, ugh I hate throttle by wire.

Old 07-21-2015, 04:46 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

YESI have one and enjoy no lag along with my tune.

Old 07-21-2015, 05:42 PM

I don't think getting one is a good idea. Faster throttle response so you have greater potential to spin tires and slow acceleration.......doesn't make sense to me, especially if you have power mods.

Old 07-21-2015, 09:12 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Made my tires spin so bad,I removed it a week later. (NO) Squirrel Crusher

Old 07-21-2015, 09:40 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

yes...you will get use to it.... a tune does not take all the lag out either... But, spend money on the go fast parts first... If not going to buy go fast parts, then the sprint booster is a yes....for sure. Be sure to do a throttle re-set. It doesn't always take the first time. Out of here...

Old 07-22-2015, 08:15 AM
Forum Regular
Talking Re: Sprint Booster, yes/no?

About 50/50. Depending on the rpm my car may respond very quick or lag a bit. Pulleys, wideband and fuel mods to be installed first, thx all.
It would be nice to see my sisters response when she drives it

Old 07-22-2015, 01:29 PM
Received 386 Likes on 333 Posts

No, don't have one and don't want one. I know all it does is max the pedal signal in a shorter throw of the pedal. I have an N/A but it is the same for the SRT-6's as well. Also, I have a tune.

Old 07-23-2015, 09:27 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It took me 2 visits to the track to get the hang of the improved throttle response from a tune, so I can't imagine what would happen if it was even touchier. I don't see a need with a tune.

Old 07-23-2015, 01:25 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 477 Likes on 333 Posts

My story is a bit different
I got the Sprint Booster back in 2008 .... before the tunes were even available I believe.
The Sprint Booster was very impressive to the way the car responded once I did the simple self install.
I was and still am extremely pleased with it and this was my first mod 7 years ago

A few years later with the Sprint Booster installed I got a Eurocharged Dyno tune in their shop which added 18 HP to the wheels
Together the Sprint Booster and the tune make the car very fun and responsive to accelerate.

I can honestly say that the Sprint Booster made a more noticeable difference in the quick throttle response than the tune but maybe it is because the sprint booster was the first mod

What I can still say for sure to this day is that whenever I ride in a Crossfire that does not have the Sprint Booster it is very obvious due to the lack of throttle response I can feel

Now if I get into an SRT ....well it's perma grin without any mods in comparison to my na 3.2 with mods

Old 07-23-2015, 01:36 PM
GTW

I have an NA with manual and no mods and I love the Sprint Booster. It makes a big difference. Also remember that it has 3 settings, off, green (responsive) and red (more aggressive). After reading comments on here I expectedt that green would be my choice for everyday driving, but I prefer using red. It took me a day or two to adjust to.....changes the gas/clutch feel. Now I can't say how well it works with an automatic or with mods but it works for me.

Old 07-23-2015, 03:33 PM
Received 510 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by GTW
I have an NA with manual and no mods and I love the Sprint Booster. It makes a big difference. Also remember that it has 3 settings, off, green (responsive) and red (more aggressive). After reading comments on here I expectedt that green would be my choice for everyday driving, but I prefer using red. It took me a day or two to adjust to.....changes the gas/clutch feel. Now I can't say how well it works with an automatic or with mods but it works for me.

Agree whole heartedly.

The car should have been delivered with this mod. especially the manual tranny version.
The normal lag makes double clutching almost impossible. For up shift, no biggie. but downshifting requires a consistently snappy response. Without the SB the engine ramp up is more like "When I can get around to it,"

The Sprint Booster makes the manual Crossie a totally different, and very fun, car to drive aggressively. And allows a driver to use the engine to help maintain control and speed through the twisties. I love mine on the NA and on the SRT.

Old 08-01-2015, 04:08 PM
Forum Regular
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Sweet2002
I have just found out about this. I did a search and many seem to give this a thumbs up. However it does not seem to be a must have. There is a thread here right now about the best way to accelerate and though it is not about mods this Booster is not mentioned as something the car should have. Is it proven to reduce et's, truly, by the guys here who have it?
By the way, thanks to the Crossfire guys as I have an SLK32 and there is little on performance on the SLKworld forum!
With your mods, do you have a tune? If not, do that next without question. On the sprint booster, I have mixed thoughts. It was the first mod I had and made a definent difference. Since I've done a lot of mods and tuned everything. I usually drive with the sprint on green. I have to be careful at take off for spin but I get basically instant throttle response while driving which I like. Putting it in red mode is a no no. The car just jumps. So I would say, without many mods, yes. With mods and tune, if you already have it prob worth hanging on to but I wouldn't shell out the money for it at that point. I

Old 08-10-2015, 03:39 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let me first say that I have no experience with the Sprint Booster, but that being said I have a tune from Eurocharged (my first mod) and a 65mm S/C pulley. If the throttle were any touchier than it is now, it would be very difficult to avoid spinning the tires from a standing start. I don't see where the Sprint Booster would benefit my SRT-6.

Old 08-10-2015, 08:04 PM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I vote yes. It makes it feel more like a mechanical linked gas pedal to me.
To me that is preferable.

Old 08-11-2015, 06:50 AM
Forum Regular

You SRT guys must have light rear ends. That or a "regular" tire. When I ran TOYO PROXES R888's it just hooked and went. my car has a little stumble off the line then it is all good. Other mods to consider first.

Old 08-11-2015, 06:54 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sweet2002
You SRT guys must have light rear ends. That or a "regular" tire. When I ran TOYO PROXES R888's it just hooked and went. my car has a little stumble off the line then it is all good. Other mods to consider first.

I am running all season tires, but they are michelin as3's, which have more grip than some of the summer only tires out there, and they are 275's in the back which are about 3/4's of an inch wider than stock. I need more grip before any more mods...

Old 08-11-2015, 05:19 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Thornh
I am running all season tires, but they are michelin as3's, which have more grip than some of the summer only tires out there, and they are 275's in the back which are about 3/4's of an inch wider than stock. I need more grip before any more mods...
You may need to try a drag radial that is DOT approved. I have used a few of them with good returns except they don't last very long. It's a trade off.