Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Game plan

Old 04-27-2017, 12:18 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Cool Game plan

So as many of you are aware, I'm no stranger to Crossfires and I SORELY miss my old SRT-6. That car was a bit of a "dream deferred" situation as I never really got the chance to complete it as I would have liked to. The wife is now out of school, and we're in the new house with a 3rd bay in the garage which needs to be filled with something fast and fun

I'm beginning the search for a SRT-6 roadster, in Graphite. My last SRT was Graphite and I always loved the "classy" look of that color. I would like to find one with mileage near or below 50,000 (if possible). I will be tuning it for speed, but obviously with it being a convertible I won't be doing much "official" racing with it. This will mostly be a weekend toy for cruising and the local monthly car shows, so condition IS important but I'm also a realist -- minor nicks and scrapes are to be expected and I can have those fixed. I have some neat things planned -- nothing you guys haven't seen before, but perhaps in a configuration that hasn't been as cohesive.

If you guys come across one for sale, let me know. As I am in the market for a VERY specific car, I am in no huge rush and am willing to wait for the right car. Still kicking around the idea of a '05-'06 SLK55, but it's tough to pass up the option of a SRT roadster when I can buy one for $10,000 less and be faster/rarer

Thanks guys!

Old 04-27-2017, 12:39 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 449 Likes on 316 Posts
Default Re: Game plan

John,
My best wishes that you find the right one.
A man of faith that you are you can be sure there is one somewhere waiting just for you my friend !!

Old 04-27-2017, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Valk
John,
A man of faith that you are you can be sure there is one somewhere waiting just for you my friend !!

Haha thanks man! Oh I know they're out there, it's just a matter of linking up with the sellers and being patient. But, I have no problem waiting. Just gives me more time to get the 3rd bay set up properly

Old 04-27-2017, 02:16 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will keep my eyes peeled for you sir. It took Laurie 3 years of off and on searching to find her perfect Aero Blue 6 coupe. Be patient, the right one is out there for you.

Old 04-27-2017, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by 05roadsterguy
I will keep my eyes peeled for you sir. It took Laurie 3 years of off and on searching to find her perfect Aero Blue 6 coupe. Be patient, the right one is out there for you.
Thank you sir!! I probably wouldn't wait three years... but I'm okay with several months hahaha

Much appreciated

Old 04-27-2017, 04:00 PM
Administrator
Received 879 Likes on 685 Posts

I will keep my eyes open. I have longed to see you and Kim at a meet again.

Old 04-27-2017, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
I will keep my eyes open. I have longed to see you and Kim at a meet again.
Thank you Mark!

We've missed you guys as well. I called Franc today and talked to him for a bit, told him the next time he's in the Nashville area to give me a shout and we'd grab lunch. He said "don't come without Kim"

I'm beginning to think she's more popular than me

Old 04-27-2017, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by JHM2K
Thank you Mark! We've missed you guys as well. I called Franc today and talked to him for a bit, told him the next time he's in the Nashville area to give me a shout and we'd grab lunch. He said "don't come without Kim" I'm beginning to think she's more popular than me
Umm well hmm ?
Ya what Franc said

Last edited by Valk; 04-27-2017 at 06:03 PM.
Old 04-28-2017, 10:33 PM

Umm well hmm ?
Ya what Franc said
Hahaha!! I don't blame you guys

Old 04-28-2017, 11:36 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Have you tried finding that awesome one you sold?

Old 04-29-2017, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by InfernoRedXfire
Have you tried finding that awesome one you sold?
I know where it's at!! It's still in Nashville, a local guy bought it and is still LOVING it!! I ran into him in a cigar shop about five months ago.

Thing is... I want to get back into an SRT, but I've never owned a Crossfire Roadster. Life's too short to drive the same car twice

I will be taking this one to fairly high horsepower levels as well, but racing won't be the primary focus -- refinement and a "celebration of both AMG and SRT heritage" will be paramount. I want a FAST grand-tourer that might make the occasional appearance at an airstrip event (convertibles are allowed to run top-up), with frequent appearances at the local car shows. I may try to make an official quarter-mile pass or two (until they kick me off the track) just to get some certified numbers. But, no hardcore flogging at the track.

As for aesthetics... I won't be doing a full nuts-and-bolts restoration, but I will be fanatical with every easily-accessible area which can be improved upon.

This will be a weekend toy, a (fast) pampered example of an extremely rare vehicle.

Old 04-29-2017, 12:44 AM
Forum Regular

Sounds like a great plan you have , these cars are special but you know that :-) , i look forward to hearing about yours.
Good luck with your search !

Old 04-29-2017, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by daveesrt6
Sounds like a great plan you have , these cars are special but you know that :-) , i look forward to hearing about yours.
Good luck with your search !
Thanks brother! I'm looking forward to it. I will create a build thread once I pick it up, that way everything is easy to find if anyone needs to look back on anything I've done.

Old 04-29-2017, 05:44 PM

John,
I just want you to know that it's nice to have ya back here among us and I'm anxious to see what the future has waiting for you

Old 04-30-2017, 12:20 AM

I just want you to know that it's nice to have ya back here among us and I'm anxious to see what the future has waiting for you

I sincerely appreciate that, Gary. It honestly feels good to be back. You guys are family.