Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Bought it! 2005 ssb srt6 coupe

Old 07-27-2018, 09:24 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Cool Bought it! 2005 ssb srt6 coupe

Now my questions. Understand, I have dove into a lot of articles here and I'm sure the answers are there, haven't cracked the owner's manual but I will... could you indulge me on these:

1. Lug nut torque? I plan on pulling the wheels and do a thorough cleaning of them as well as the undercarriage.

2. I know some folks use a battery tender (trickle charge). Is there any downside to using a knife blade type battery disconnect. I've used this type for a '65 Vette...I know the Vette is NOT high tech like this car. So totally disconnecting power causing repeated rebooting to all the modules is that a downer for this car?

3. When driving this Crossfire, does it relearn how you drive her over time? How it shifts, gas pedal response. Or, is this fixed at the factory?

4. Interior lights. I see the switches which turn them on/off. But the whole interior is dark when the doors are open. Got to be something simple right?

5. Lastly, the latch mechanism at the hatch sticks in the unlock position so I Liquid Wrenched the handle after wiping the car down in the garage from all the rain. I'm hoping the soaking of Liquid Wrench doesn't affect any electrical operation there.

Whoops, 1 more. In that 1st pic of the dash, I see a wrench and a code 730. What is is it and should I be worried?

Appreciate any responses to these.

OK. This thread is worthless without pics of our new ride, so here you go.

Oh, that vanity tag came off the Vette to get the Fire home.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_1537[1].JPG (2.44 MB, 30 views)
IMG_1533[1].JPG (2.39 MB, 21 views)
IMG_1538[1].JPG (2.50 MB, 24 views)
IMG_1540[1].JPG (2.36 MB, 26 views)
IMG_1541[1].JPG (2.78 MB, 30 views)
IMG_1542[1].JPG (2.82 MB, 30 views)
Old 07-27-2018, 10:07 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: Bought it! 2005 ssb srt6 coupe

Lugs.. 82 ft lbs
Throttle reset..
1) Turn the key to the on position, the position just before the starter turns over.

2) Press the gas pedal firmly to the floor with the key in the "on" position.

3) Hold the pedal to the floor for five seconds, then turn the key back to the "off" position (don't remove the key), then release the gas pedal.

4) Wait 2 mins. for a full reset

Trunk latching is pneumatic ... no electricals to worry about.
Interior lights.. could be door switch.. or could be locking pump module in the bottom of the hatch area..
Wrenches.. either 750 miles past oil change time.. or not reset at last oil change

For a more social interaction join us here on Facebook.. https://www.facebook.com/groups/241776609949593/

Old 07-27-2018, 10:30 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

A 76 year old man buys a pristine SRT6, that is bad ***!

Old 07-27-2018, 10:31 PM

Mrmiata,

Much obliged on your quick response! Got to start fast reading that owners manual. The reset of the oil change will be there. Plan on changing oil /filter this week.

Regards,

Old 07-27-2018, 10:35 PM

Anthony,

�� It's just a number. My wife and I've been blessed with good health and and I'm pursuing this love affair for cars.

Thank you!!

Regards,

Old 07-27-2018, 11:53 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by CROSSFIRERUSH
Anthony,

�� It's just a number. My wife and I've been blessed with good health and and I'm pursuing this love affair for cars.

Thank you!!

Regards,
I fully agree and hope my wife and I are kicking it the way you both are a few decades from now. You both are truly blessed.

Last edited by grip grip; 07-28-2018 at 10:55 PM.
Old 07-28-2018, 08:43 AM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

As one old geezer to another, welcome to the forum. My SRT is about the same mileage as yours, I have had it for nearly 7 years now, enjoy. We are just pips-squeaks to some on here, my granddad Lorne is a regular here.

Old 07-28-2018, 08:51 AM
Forum Regular
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

The Dome Light has a slider switch with 3 positions "ON", "OFF" and "ON when door opens" My guess you are turning it full off.
congrats on buying a new toy. I have a SRT roadster, enjoying it fully and I'm past 80. At local Cars and Coffee

Old 07-28-2018, 09:08 AM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 457 Likes on 321 Posts

Hello and welcome
If you are retired and living in Michigan I highly suggest you join many other Crossfire owners here on the weekend of August 18th at the Woodward Dream Cruise in Royal Oaks Michigan
You can spend time and have all your answers from all of the other owners attending.
Also the designer of our Crossfires "Eric Stoddard" will stop by and you can meet him and get his autograph on your car.
This is the 12th year in attendance for the Crossfires and we have an amazing parking spot for this event too
All the info you need is in post #1 in the thread link below

Woodward Dream Cruise & BBQ night - August 17th & 18th 2018 - Michigan

Last edited by Valk; 07-28-2018 at 11:16 PM.
Old 07-28-2018, 10:28 AM

onehundred80, Shamrock (are you the youngin' onehundred80 speaks of), regardless, you have been playing (improving) your Fire. Nice! Thanks for that dome light tip. Valk, thank you for making me aware of the Crossfire participation at the Dream cruise.

Thank you all for the welcome. This is a great, friendly place. Appears there's room for the modders and the stockers as well as just improving, tweaking these cars.. I like that.

Would any of you have any insight on this question I posed last night?

2. I know some folks use a battery tender (trickle charge). Is there any downside to using a knife blade type battery disconnect. I've used this type for a '65 Vette...I understand the Vette is NOT high tech. So totally disconnecting power causing repeated rebooting to all the modules is that a downer for this car?

As always, thanks in advance!

Regards,

Old 07-28-2018, 10:31 AM

Oh, one more new question...I know, I know, read the bloody manual. What's the trick to raise the hood to a 90 degree, straight up position.

Thanks!

Regards,

Old 07-28-2018, 10:51 AM

Oh, one more new question...I know, I know, read the bloody manual. What's the trick to raise the hood to a 90 degree, straight up position.

Thanks!

Regards,
At the top of the strut on the side is a button, push it in and raise the hood, to lower it to the first position the button will now be at the bottom of the strut main body. Take the weight of the hood as you push the button in this time.

Old 07-28-2018, 12:56 PM
Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

onehundred80, Shamrock (are you the youngin' onehundred80 speaks of), regardless, you have been playing (improving) your Fire. Nice! Thanks for that dome light tip. Valk, thank you for making me aware of the Crossfire participation at the Dream cruise.

Thank you all for the welcome. This is a great, friendly place. Appears there's room for the modders and the stockers as well as just improving, tweaking these cars.. I like that.

Would any of you have any insight on this question I posed last night?

2. I know some folks use a battery tender (trickle charge). Is there any downside to using a knife blade type battery disconnect. I've used this type for a '65 Vette...I understand the Vette is NOT high tech. So totally disconnecting power causing repeated rebooting to all the modules is that a downer for this car?

As always, thanks in advance!

Regards,
I have a negative battery cable disconnect on my Limited, it was a dealer installed when new. Only downside I've found to using it (or disconnecting/removing the battery during Winter storage) is that the Navigation has to re-establish communication. Some get the BAS/ESP light, which is an easy fix by turning the steering wheel full lock right, then left, then centering it with the ignition in the run position. Fortunately I've never had to do this.

Old 07-28-2018, 03:04 PM

onehundred80,

Thank you again!! Like pushing that "That Was Easy" button ����

bluecoupe, That's good to know. So, your experience (car does not have the factory nav) is there's no downside to killing power this way? �� OK, what's this acronym BAS/ESP stand for. Understand, I was born too early ��

Regards,

Old 07-28-2018, 07:44 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Brake Assist System/ Electronic Stability Program
Welcome to the forum...lots of knowledge an sometimes lots of BS...Enjoy the (s)miles!

Old 07-28-2018, 08:21 PM

Steve Jr,

Just read that in the book...imagine that. Thanks for the welcome. Yeh, ya' can't let the bs get in the way of just enjoying these gems.

Regards,

Jim
In God We Trust!

Old 07-28-2018, 08:29 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In God We Trust!
All others pay cash...Or at the least , make me smile...

Old 08-04-2018, 09:55 AM
P-J
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

If your interior lights do not work in any position of the switch and there is no cargo light and your fob does not lock the doors and set the alarm check fuse #9, I just had this issue and this fuse was blown.

Old 08-04-2018, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by bluecoupe
I have a negative battery cable disconnect on my Limited, it was a dealer installed when new. Only downside I've found to using it (or disconnecting/removing the battery during Winter storage) is that the Navigation has to re-establish communication. Some get the BAS/ESP light, which is an easy fix by turning the steering wheel full lock right, then left, then centering it with the ignition in the run position. Fortunately I've never had to do this.
I just saw this thread and everytime the battery is disconnected for some time the pollution error codes are set and you have to go through the reset procedure, which can take some time if you do not do some of the motions prescribed. My pollution test is due in March and it is awkward as the car is off the road at that time, I shall see about moving the test date forward, you can do that as many cars are in the US for the winter and as such people cross the border behind in the testing and liable to get a ticket. With the cops having a Big Brother camera (ALPR) scanning all the license plates you get caught real quick, just ask my son. The Automatic License Plate Recognition infra-red camera does 3,000 plates an hour. it
It catches cars that are on the wanted list, cars with out proper licenses etc and in some jurisdictions cars that are not insured.

Last edited by onehundred80; 08-04-2018 at 10:54 AM.
Old 08-04-2018, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Mrmiata

Trunk latching is pneumatic ... no electricals to worry about.

For a more social interaction join us here on Facebook.. https://www.facebook.com/groups/241776609949593/
There is an electrical socket on the latch, it is for the anti theft switch.
It is mounted on the blue plate.

Last edited by onehundred80; 08-04-2018 at 11:15 AM.

Quick Reply: Bought it! 2005 ssb srt6 coupe