Detail Shop The place to talk about the daily care of your Crossfire and share the products you use to care for your Crossfire

dent on hood

Old 10-06-2006, 02:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question dent on hood

first of all hi to everybody. i'm a new member and glad to be one. i just got my xfire roadster 2 weeks ago and i noticed a very small dent on the hood near the wiper so i brought i back to the dealer and they said they can't do much for it. that it is on area where the dent guy can't reach it. i would appreciate any other suggestion.

Old 10-06-2006, 09:02 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: dent on hood

Docxfire, that's a bummer. The Dent Wizards do a great job when they can get "behind" the dent. But if yours is indeed in a spot they can't get to, then I'm not sure if they have anything else in their bag of tricks that would work.
The first thing I would ask you, is what color is your car? If it's white, black, or yellow, then you don't have metallic paint and it probably wouldn't be too hard for a good body shop to fill the dent and match the paint. But any other color, and you would stand a good chance of the hood never being a perfect match.
Is the dent small enough that you can live with it, even though everytime you walk up to your car, that's the first place you eyes will look everytime.
Just remember, no matter how small the dent is, it will look 10Xs bigger to you than anybody else. Good Luck.

Old 10-08-2006, 11:06 AM
Forum Regular

docxfire,

Crazy as it sounds, dry ice may be the answer to your problem. Simply let the car sit out in the sun and get good and warm. Then place the dry ice over the dent and it will cause a contraction that might pop the dent out. I used this technique before on a couple of hail dents on the hood of my BMW with good success. I can't hurt to try.

Kevin

Old 10-08-2006, 05:37 PM
Forum Regular
Thumbs up Re: dent on hood

Originally Posted by kjmurphy
docxfire,

Crazy as it sounds, dry ice may be the answer to your problem. Simply let the car sit out in the sun and get good and warm. Then place the dry ice over the dent and it will cause a contraction that might pop the dent out. I used this technique before on a couple of hail dents on the hood of my BMW with good success. I can't hurt to try.

Kevin
Wow, that's a great idea. Thanks.

Old 10-09-2006, 09:14 AM
Cool Re: dent on hood

yes dent is very small and i probably could live w/ it. i'll try the dry ice. thanks a lot for the suggestions.

Old 10-10-2006, 11:20 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Re: dent on hood

The dry ice technique does work.

Old 10-13-2006, 11:46 AM
Forum Regular

docxfire,

Any update on the dent? Have you tried the dry ice yet?

Kevin

Old 10-16-2006, 09:52 AM

not yet. reason is that i live in PA and the weather is on the colder side. i don’t know if you have any suggestion to warm or heat the area.
also the car is back to the dealer when i brought it for the dent end up having some white specks all over. they said it could be paint and they claim its not from them but the only place this car has been is from my garage to their place and the day i brought it. i really look at it and it was not there. so i argue so i hope they'll take care of this they are saying they might wet sand it then buff it. i’m just not having good luck lately.