Detail Shop The place to talk about the daily care of your Crossfire and share the products you use to care for your Crossfire

Buffer suggestions

Old 06-01-2011, 12:36 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Buffer suggestions

White is a tough color to get looking really great, and also difficult to photograph so as to properly show off your hard work. Looks like you've got it nailed on both counts though, Valith - your car looks fantastic!!!

Old 01-28-2013, 12:26 AM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 480 Likes on 333 Posts

Good price at the Porter Cable factory outlet store ~~ $113.99 and free shipping

Porter Cable Car Buffer Dual Action Polisher 7424XP

Old 01-28-2013, 08:42 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike-in-Orange
If I spent 30 minutes with you in a one on one training session on the DA buffer, I would be comfortable letting you buff out my car.

If I spent an entire day with you in a one on one training session on the rotary buffer, I doubt I'd be comfortable turning you loose on your own car.

There are good DA buffers on the market, from Meguiar's G110v2 to the Griot's Garage unit to the Porter Cable 7424XP. They are pretty much all the same (although the 7424XP is a bit down on power compared to the other two)

I wrote a fairly in depth introductory article on using the DA buffer for our forum - you can read it at D/A Buffing 101 – An Introduction to the G110v2 (and similar) - Car Care Forums: Meguiar's Online and it should give you some good insight into how to use the tool for maximum results.
Mike, after reading this I went with the G110V2 and have not purchased my pads or polishes yet and was hoping to go over the link you posted above and it states it is no longer valid, any possibiity you can relink that? I think it would be a great place for me to start. Thanks!

Thanks for reviving the thread, Gary

Old 01-28-2013, 10:31 AM
Received 550 Likes on 462 Posts

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
Mike, after reading this I went with the G110V2 and have not purchased my pads or polishes yet and was hoping to go over the link you posted above and it states it is no longer valid, any possibiity you can relink that? I think it would be a great place for me to start. Thanks!

I would like to add that ergonomically the Meguiars is better than the Porter Cable. The side handle of the PC unit does not allow you to 'lean' on the polisher and gives you a sore wrist. The bail handle of the Meguiars is perfect.

Meguiars buffer

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Meguiars.JPG (11.6 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by onehundred80; 01-28-2013 at 10:37 AM.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:52 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

It works for me, John :
http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...2-(and-similar)

Old 01-28-2013, 01:17 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you, Dave for reinforcing the feeling of an already good decision, especially since I got it for Xmas

Molly's mom must really love me LOL

Originally Posted by alaxfire
Worked this time, who knows, maybe they were firewall testing at the office or something, I am always the last to know LOL

Thanks!

Old 02-02-2013, 05:12 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

was hoping to go over the link you posted above and it states it is no longer valid,
This is really odd - someone emailed me this morning and said the link was dead, too, but I checked it on my phone then and on my desktop just now and it's fine. I have no clue what is/was going on but I'll definitely look into it Monday when I'm back in the office. Just glad it's working now.

Originally Posted by onehundred80
[B][SIZE=3]I would like to add that ergonomically the Meguiars is better than the Porter Cable. The side handle of the PC unit does not allow you to 'lean' on the polisher and gives you a sore wrist. The bail handle of the Meguiars is perfect.
That's exactly why we got away from the stick handle and went with the bale handle. But personally, I never use a handle on any of my buffers, DA or rotary. I find I can get into tight areas (like under the side mirrors) easier without one, and I just feel more in tune with the tool by holding onto the body of the thing.

Old 02-02-2013, 05:24 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike-in-Orange
and I just feel more in tune with the tool by holding onto the body of the thing.
That's what she said .......

Old 02-03-2013, 07:30 AM
Received 388 Likes on 335 Posts

That's what she said .......

Thats funny, thats what Ronaiah Tuiasosopo was thinking as well!