Detail Shop The place to talk about the daily care of your Crossfire and share the products you use to care for your Crossfire

Mequiar's anti-static ingredient

Old 10-21-2004, 01:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mequiar's anti-static ingredient

I have noticed that since I use the "Mequiar's nxt Generation car wash w/anti-static ingredient" that my car is not getting nearly as dusty as when I used the Mr. Clean soap. Within a day or less my car would be covered in dust just setting in the garage.

Has anyone else used the anti-static Mequiar car soap and had similiar results?

Old 10-21-2004, 03:15 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Mequiar's anti-static ingredient

I agree.

Old 11-07-2004, 07:42 PM
Thumbs up Re: Mequiar's anti-static ingredient

I did an experiment today using Mequiar's anti-static ingredient soap vs Mr. Clean expensive green soap. I washed both of our cars, the XF with anti-static stuff and my wifes Bonneville with the "high priced spread" AKA: Mr. Clean. Both cars set outside in this beautiful 60 degree Indiana day. The Bonneville was definitely the dust magnet. The XF washed first with approx. an hour head start, was probably only 10% as dusty as the Bonneville.

Conclusion: the Mequiar's anti-static ingredient really works. Granted this wasn't the most scientific experiment, but seeing is believing.

Extra note: I did use the Mr. Clean system with both cars and very little hand drying was needed on either car.

Old 11-07-2004, 11:00 PM
Smile Re: Mequiar's anti-static ingredient

I've been using Eagle One soap to replace to overpriced Mr. Clean soap. It's just a little thicker, but I can use it without thinning it out and have had no problems yet. Seems to do a good job. I only wish they had a generic filter out there to replace the Mr. Clean Filters. Cat I have gone to the carwash across from Greenwood Mall 3 times now and have had no signs of scratches or swirls on my black paint job. For $12 you get a full interior and exterior clean and a hand towel wipe down to finish. Just a thought if your short on time and want your baby to shine.

Old 11-09-2004, 07:48 PM
Angry Re: Mequiar's anti-static ingredient

Since I am currently "jobless", I probably won't be doing any $12 car washes for a while. No swirl marked, I am really surprized, but that is good to know.

Speaking of dust magnet. Today I washed both the XF and the Blazer (that is banished to the driveway). I had already cleaned both vehicles and had the Blazer in the garage giving it a wax job, when I heard the high pitch of a saw. To my dismay a contractor across the street was saw cutting their driveway and a cloud of white dust was rolling over my just freshly cleaned XF. The grooves on the hood were partially filled with concrete dust, plus the car was more of a pink color with all of the dust on it...............so it got anothor cleaning.

Old 11-10-2004, 08:22 AM
Default Re: Mequiar's anti-static ingredient

I am getting ready to garage my Roadster for the winter here in the next week or so. I won't have to worry about cleaning for quite some time. I just need to decide if I want to spend the money on a car cover or just let it sit unprotected.

Old 11-15-2004, 08:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Indyxfire317,
I just want to tell you a story about cars and winter. My husband had one of his summer cars in the attached garage for a couple weeks and didn't use it. Then when he went to take it for a ride, the drivers door had this wierd sound when it closed, like there were a million loose parts in it. He looked at it himself, because we don't like to take cars in if we can help it, and he found an entire winter storage of cracked corn for a mouse family inside. I keep some bird food in the garage (no longer, may I add) and a mouse was hording corn and hiding it in the car door because it was being stored in the garage. (Being a 50th anniv. Vette, he was pretty fumed
Just want to say, make sure there is absolutely no source of food anywhere in the building where you are going to store the car. The rodents are getting ready for the winter just as you are getting ready to store your car for the winter!
We never cover the cars over winter, because we still like to see them. They get a little dusty, but nothing that hurts them. Sometimes when a cover is on a car, something tends to get set on them, whereas when they are uncovered, everybody knows that's a no-no. I guess that's just a matter of what you prefer.

Old 11-15-2004, 10:22 PM

Thanks MI. I appreciate the heads up. After reading what you have to say about a car cover I am ok with not getting one. And after thinking about paying $ 580 a month for the car to just sit in my garage for 4 months, I will try to get it out every chance I can. It should not have to sit for extended periods of time this way.