Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

Ecu Tuning: Crossfire Ecu Tune! Ny/ct/pa/nj

Old 01-12-2007, 04:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Ecu Tuning: Crossfire Ecu Tune! Ny/ct/pa/nj

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...hlight=eurorev

We are directly linked here.

Old 01-12-2007, 10:37 PM

Guys,

Like I have always said, I DO NOT own a crossfire/srt-6 but I own a MB C320, which I DO believe that these two cars have many in common.

I have nothing to do with SPEEDINNOVATION or EUROREV, what I'm trying to do is to pull 20+ heads that are willing to do a ECU tune from SPEEDINNOVATION, enough people for it to be "worth it" for them to fly all the way here to the east coast.

I sure do know that people tend to think everything with +HP is BS, and I feel the same also (many on mbworld states that k&n filters can give you like 5 hp, which I don't think so).

At the end of the day, a few of the crossfire forums HAVE been tuned by either speed innovation or eurorev, LINKED ABOVE.

I'm just trying to pull 20+ heads so I can also get my car tuned.

Old 01-13-2007, 01:42 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HDDP
No, you are correct with the base OEM numbers... but obviously you have never dyno'd a Crossfire, nor have you tuned one... It looks as though you are speculating... The naturally aspirated Crossfire only puts 170 -180 hp to the wheel... with TQ in the range of 200 - 220... Depending on the car...

So if you are advertising the aforementioned numbers, you are basing them on a hypothetical and ZERO actual information...

Don't come onto this forum and say you can add "X" amount of HP with your chip tuning until you have the data to back it up...
215 crank hp and 170 wheel hp = 20% drivetrain loss
236 crank hp and 187 wheel hp = 20% drivetrain loss

estimated of course ... i understand you are weary of their numbers cause they are advertising crank numbers but that is how these companies have had to go about it in the past cause MB owners are not a bunch that will buy a product that advertises 187 total hp on their 215 hp vehicle ... they just do not differentiate the two so their advertising contains little real information i agree ...

a gain of 21 hp to the crank is no small feat being that its a near 10% bump over stock power but seeing the air fuel ratio numbers you have provided us with before HDDP (thank you for that by the way) it may be the one NA car i could find it realistic on ...

HDDP, what would a realistic number look like to you for tuning on this ECU ? just out of curiosity...

Old 01-13-2007, 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by Sidez
alright another question if you do not mind... and yea i am going to bring up renntech heh... Renntech claims a 25 FWHP and some consider their tuning to be rather conservative... why only a 17 horse power gain stated for our engine? Are you understating or are they overstating the performance? and lastly if the performance offered is actually different then why? all the ecu remap can be is a change of stock parameters...?

other than that I am perfectly happy with the price and will willingly make the purchase if i feel assured that this product is not worse then the renntech remap.

thanks and I apologize for being a picky customer.
-Sidez
btw, thought i would help you out and let you know that your car has rwhp, not fwhp.

Old 01-13-2007, 02:44 AM

do they have a dyno?

Old 01-13-2007, 05:06 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by x'ed
btw, thought i would help you out and let you know that your car has rwhp, not fwhp.
FWHP does not mean front wheel horse power it means fly wheel...or at least the way i meant it... it was supposed to mean fly wheel not front wheel.

Old 01-13-2007, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Sidez
FWHP does not mean front wheel horse power it means fly wheel...or at least the way i meant it... it was supposed to mean fly wheel not front wheel.
here is rwhp, bhp.

where rwhp doesn't exactly mean hp coming from your rear wheel drive car. it just means that horsepower is calculated within the rear wheel.

bhp is used in jap cars, which is an estimated horsepower. with calculations of displacements distance etc...that's why when jap cars have "260 hp" a german car (crossfire is german!) can outrun a jap car with less hp.

btw, i've gather a few heads over on audizine, mbworld/mbklasse to participate in this activities.

i mean, if a crossfire member (from LA area) is willing to drop by at speedinnovation to check things out (to see if this is really legit) then i'd hope you do so.

Old 01-13-2007, 06:57 PM

here are some prices that I have gotten from speedinnovation on mbklasse.com/forums

W203s: $450 - 230 (m111/m271), 240, 320s
W203s: (06-07) $550 - 230 / 280/ 350
W203s: (AMG) $700 - C32 / C55

E36 (non M3) $250
E46 (non M3) $450 (323/325/328/330 / Ci/i)
E90 (non-T) $550
E92 (335i) $700 (guys, they HAVE boost)
E46 (M3) $500 (guys, they have no boost )

B5/B6 1.8T - $350 (same goes for the VW variants - but contact me)
2.0T FSI $450 (YES, we can do, of course - and generate same amount of power as APR on their 93 octane tuning that we do on our 91 octane tuning )

All others, shoot me an e-mail

Crossfire 3.2's $450
Crossfire SRT-6 $700

MINI 1.6s (all of em) $300

Old 01-13-2007, 08:26 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by intenseblu
HDDP, what would a realistic number look like to you for tuning on this ECU ? just out of curiosity...
I don't think you quite understand my point of contention... You can purchase the generic ECU reflash software for the W112 engine off the internet that most these guys use for $75.. There are only two different versions available which they advertise for 91 octane or 93 octane fuel... This software is a Bosch / MB standard software program that advances the timing somewhere in the range of 2-5% and does not alter the AF ratio or increase the performance of the FMU... It is the same program that everyone sells (powerchip, superchip, etc.) for $250-$650. You should realize a minimal hp gain ONLY because of the advanced timing...

The only way you can goose more substantial HP out of timing this car is if you spend hours remapping the ECU in conjunction with the FMU and altering the lambda and 02 sensors... And then testing it on a dyno... And I can pretty much guarantee they have never spent any time doing baseline tests with this W112 engine, then custom modified ECU based on the AF ratio and torque curves...

I would definitely take them up on their offer of a dyno before and after if my car was stock... But mine is so screwed-up with wacked-out modifications, it would not be a fair test...And my software was custom programmed by one of the former Bosch programmers and I don't want to mess-up the hard work we've done so far...

If they want to dyno my car now for free, then install their software and re-dyno it and do a comparison with my current software, I will be more than happy to bring my car to their facility on Wednesday of next week, providing they can guarantee that they can reinstall my current software after the test is completed...

Last edited by HDDP; 01-13-2007 at 09:14 PM.
Old 01-13-2007, 11:51 PM

I don't think you quite understand my point of contention... You can purchase the generic ECU reflash software for the W112 engine off the internet that most these guys use for $75.. There are only two different versions available which they advertise for 91 octane or 93 octane fuel... This software is a Bosch / MB standard software program that advances the timing somewhere in the range of 2-5% and does not alter the AF ratio or increase the performance of the FMU... It is the same program that everyone sells (powerchip, superchip, etc.) for $250-$650. You should realize a minimal hp gain ONLY because of the advanced timing...

The only way you can goose more substantial HP out of timing this car is if you spend hours remapping the ECU in conjunction with the FMU and altering the lambda and 02 sensors... And then testing it on a dyno... And I can pretty much guarantee they have never spent any time doing baseline tests with this W112 engine, then custom modified ECU based on the AF ratio and torque curves...

I would definitely take them up on their offer of a dyno before and after if my car was stock... But mine is so screwed-up with wacked-out modifications, it would not be a fair test...And my software was custom programmed by one of the former Bosch programmers and I don't want to mess-up the hard work we've done so far...

If they want to dyno my car now for free, then install their software and re-dyno it and do a comparison with my current software, I will be more than happy to bring my car to their facility on Wednesday of next week, providing they can guarantee that they can reinstall my current software after the test is completed...
you should email jose@speedinnovation.com

he'll be more than glad to assist you.

Old 01-14-2007, 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by advanz
you should email jose@speedinnovation.com

he'll be more than glad to assist you.
For what reason ?... If JOSE wants to sell his software and he is confident that it is what he expects it to be, then have him contact me directly... I will clear my schedule for Wednesday to have him dyno my car for free as is and we will log the current HP/TQ/AF... then flash their software, then re-dyno the car with their HP/TQ/AF, then reinstall my software...

Simple and easy, then there will never be a discussion about this again...

You can have JOSE call me directly at 310.291.1372

Old 01-14-2007, 02:25 AM
Forum Regular

advanz, please have this done with HDDP's car if possible ... his is the only one that is really modified to a good level on these forums and if you manage to prove your programming through him you will have many many customers on here ...

Old 01-14-2007, 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by intenseblu
advanz, please have this done with HDDP's car if possible ... his is the only one that is really modified to a good level on these forums and if you manage to prove your programming through him you will have many many customers on here ...
that is a no prob. i'll let jose know.

Old 01-14-2007, 03:27 PM

so how do they advertise hp numbers without a dyno to back it up?

Old 01-14-2007, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by x'ed
so how do they advertise hp numbers without a dyno to back it up?
Like I said in an earlier post... they are hypotheticals...

Old 01-14-2007, 08:17 PM

Like I said in an earlier post... they are hypotheticals...
i love when people try to sell us stuff, then when we doubt them try to convince us that they are the best tuners ever, then when we ask for proof they disappear. this has to be about the tenth time something like this has happened. remember that guy who said he developed an n/a package that gave 300 crank horsepower. then disappeared and never showed up again.

Old 01-14-2007, 08:35 PM

As a newbie here -- I love reading this thread...

Old 01-15-2007, 12:08 AM

didn't disappear, i'm still here.

Old 01-15-2007, 02:14 AM

HDDP,

I'm not following where you want this thread discussion to go - are you saying that we can't tune A/F, that we don't custom dyno tune, that we don't have the hardware/software to back-up your current software flash, that we don't actually have a retail location...

Here is ANOTHER example of a recent customer's dyno-tuned "lowly" C280 and if you happened to know, the make and model of this Mercedes-Benz comes with a non-reprogrammable chip - so how did we do it? How did this N/A vehicle magically gain 17 tq while the customer was watching us work on the dyno? Ebay fairy dust?

http://www.club202.com/forums/showth...5&pagenumber=9
- (Look for username 'OCKlasse' posts on the lower portion of this thread)

How is it that a Renntech StageII+ C32 has the following A/F ratio (@ 354.8 TQ/35.5 HP - Mods: Renntech Pulley | Renntech Stage II ECU | | Evo Headers | Greenfilters | SL55 Splitter | Denso IK-20's | Magnecor Wires | Resonator Delete | Sprint Booster | Evo Phenolic Spacer Kit | Eisenmann Race Exhaust | Random Technology 7000 Series Racing Cats | Custom SS Tubing w/ Magnaflow Y-Pipe):

while the SpeedInnovation C32 has the following (@353 TQ/351.1 WHP - SL55 Splitter, Evo ODPS, Filters):

If anyone actually cares enough to read through the thread just to be informed:
http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=177303 - you will notice we aren't even finished tuning that car yet (and it has yet to make more power presumably further on the top end).

What I'm surprised to see (and apparently we have seen this before, even before I), is that the skepticism and pessimism about 'true' tuning is so tainted that it's nearly completely tarnished. It takes a few bad eggs out there to "mess it up" for everyone else, I suppose, is the highlight of the discussion. I probably can't "say enough" about the subject of tuning without sounding extremely defensive (oh, great).

What have you got to lose by taking this chance - we have a 30-day money-back guarantee and are LOCAL to some of you folks. Look, let's face it, we don't have every car in the world to dyno right? And not every customer comes to us saying: "Yes, I'll gladly spend a bit more money to have my vehicle dyno-tuned", (rather opting for in-house DME retunes b/c of time/money constraints) but we HIGHLY suggest it for individual peace of mind, especially with an aftermarket mod list. Can we provide free dyno-tuning to everyone? No, of course not. (But that C230 was worked on for 2+ hours of dyno time to get where we wanted it to be and it was reseller sponsored by K1Motorsport).

HDDP, what is your complete mod list? When is the best time either I or our technician can reach you?

There's a lot of potential for you guys as far as ECU-tuning - but man, ya'll really make us stretch for it.

JP@SI

Last edited by JP@SI; 01-15-2007 at 02:20 AM.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by JP@SI

HDDP,

I'm not following where you want this thread discussion to go - are you saying that we can't tune A/F, that we don't custom dyno tune, that we don't have the hardware/software to back-up your current software flash, that we don't actually have a retail location...

Here is ANOTHER example of a recent customer's dyno-tuned "lowly" C280 and if you happened to know, the make and model of this Mercedes-Benz comes with a non-reprogrammable chip - so how did we do it? How did this N/A vehicle magically gain 17 tq while the customer was watching us work on the dyno? Ebay fairy dust?

http://www.club202.com/forums/showth...5&pagenumber=9
- (Look for username 'OCKlasse' posts on the lower portion of this thread)

How is it that a Renntech StageII+ C32 has the following A/F ratio (@ 354.8 TQ/35.5 HP - Mods: Renntech Pulley | Renntech Stage II ECU | | Evo Headers | Greenfilters | SL55 Splitter | Denso IK-20's | Magnecor Wires | Resonator Delete | Sprint Booster | Evo Phenolic Spacer Kit | Eisenmann Race Exhaust | Random Technology 7000 Series Racing Cats | Custom SS Tubing w/ Magnaflow Y-Pipe):

while the SpeedInnovation C32 has the following (@353 TQ/351.1 WHP - SL55 Splitter, Evo ODPS, Filters):

If anyone actually cares enough to read through the thread just to be informed:
http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=177303 - you will notice we aren't even finished tuning that car yet (and it has yet to make more power presumably further on the top end).

What I'm surprised to see (and apparently we have seen this before, even before I), is that the skepticism and pessimism about 'true' tuning is so tainted that it's nearly completely tarnished. It takes a few bad eggs out there to "mess it up" for everyone else, I suppose, is the highlight of the discussion. I probably can't "say enough" about the subject of tuning without sounding extremely defensive (oh, great).

What have you got to lose by taking this chance - we have a 30-day money-back guarantee and are LOCAL to some of you folks. Look, let's face it, we don't have every car in the world to dyno right? And not every customer comes to us saying: "Yes, I'll gladly spend a bit more money to have my vehicle dyno-tuned", (rather opting for in-house DME retunes b/c of time/money constraints) but we HIGHLY suggest it for individual peace of mind, especially with an aftermarket mod list. Can we provide free dyno-tuning to everyone? No, of course not. (But that C230 was worked on for 2+ hours of dyno time to get where we wanted it to be and it was reseller sponsored by K1Motorsport).

HDDP, what is your complete mod list? When is the best time either I or our technician can reach you?

There's a lot of potential for you guys as far as ECU-tuning - but man, ya'll really make us stretch for it.

JP@SI
I've made arrangements to take Wednesday off work and I will bring the Crossfire to your shop in So CA... providing you dyno the car "as is" then install your software, re-dyno the car and then reinstall my software... I will require full AF / HP / TQ from all the dynos so there will never be a question about this again...

Providing this is without cost to me... Just give me an address and phone # and I will be there...

Last edited by HDDP; 01-15-2007 at 02:28 AM.

Quick Reply: Ecu Tuning: Crossfire Ecu Tune! Ny/ct/pa/nj